Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 63296 times)

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2009, 07:29:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone know where I can get a scarf like the one Bono was wearing today? It was flipping sweet!

Check the Edun site.

Found it - thanks!

I wish we could have seen a bit more Larry footage...there was a cameraman right next to him, but there were only two or so Larry shots! :-\

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »
We all know how the Edge is on fire yeah? Here's a shocking new discovery!

EXCLUSIVE!

U2's The Edge linked to global warming / Article by the Real Fake Bono (VladtheFlyingLemon)

U2s guitarist The Edge has been suspected as the main offender in global warming, frontman Bono explains, "Ever since we have known the Edge, we always knew he was on fire, ever since our first release, U2-3"

"As we got older and the more award winning albums we released, Edge's fire really became noticeable more than ever during Achtung Baby, I mean ZOMG! The Fly was really the first known song when we noticed the Edge had reached a whole new atmosphere in terms of temperature. I mean, we brought a thermometer to our first ZOO TV show and little did we recognise Edges temperature was rising by the minute"

"11 years after that the Edges temperature was rising rapidly during Bomb, we called it "Punk Rock From Venus", I mean, you know Venus is such a hot planet, with its gases and all, so we thought Edge matched the description. He really let it out on that record, he was at his fiery best, especially his riff on Vertigo, we thought he couldn't get any hotter than that, but believe it or not we were wrong"

After Bomb and the Vertigo tour, The Edge was investigated by numerous scientists. He was asked for his temperature to be tested, the thermometer melted so the scientists came to the conclusion that the Edge had reached 1000 degrees celsius thus being the main offender in global warning"

Bono continues, "When we were shooting the video for Q magazine we realised the Edge was burning out of control and he had to be stopped, so I grabbed a fire extinguisher and turned it on but little did I realise it spiralled out of control and fumes erupted into the air, it reached Edge but unfortunately he was immune to it"

In conclusion, nobody knows if that guitar loving, beanie wearing, bearded man will ever cool down, is there a chance? even a small chance? The simple answer is no.

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
 :D :D

The Edge! The Edge! The Edge is on fire! We don't need no water, let him buuuurn!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2009, 08:52:49 PM »
Well, it isnt called the happy thread for nothing is it?

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
Yes, it's the happiest place on the forum! Right now I need it more than ever...some of the posts in other threads I've just read make me want to claw my eyes out... :P

Where is the LOVE?

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2009, 09:31:32 PM »
Yeah, let's keep this forum happy and positive.  We don't want it to become like some other forums  :(

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2009, 09:36:16 PM »
Here's something to amuse everybody:

Bono's going crazy! :D

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsahd
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2009, 10:17:16 PM »
Hey evel I couldnt agree more. But yet I keep reading the damn threads. Im getting sucked into the debates, if you can call them that. Thank god the single will be out 2mw!

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »
Today, actually  ;)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) !imsahd
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »
Ok its 12:04 am now, where Iam. lol I really need to stop reading those crap threads.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 03:29:42 AM »
Happy to be listening to the Boots and loving it!!  :D

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 07:43:27 AM »
Happy to hear the new single and happy to be on the happy thread.   :)  I agree with you all.  I can't take the negativity anymore.  Don't get sucked in anthony.  The concert was beautiful.  I watched with my kids and it brought a tear to my eye at the end, when Beyonce sang "America the Beautiful" and everyone was singing with their hands over their hearts.  Do people in other countries think we're just really sappy or what?  I am honestly moved by stuff like that.  I get teary sometimes when a high-school kid sings the national anthem at a local football game.   :'(  Garth Brooks is a fun performer to watch, isn't he?  He has a little of the passion and connection with people that Bono has.  He looks like he's just enjoying the hell out of himself.  I'm not a fan of country music, but I bet his concerts are a blast.  Keep up the happy thoughts, people! 

(btw, you crack me up, Vlad!   :D)

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »
Very Happy I am lol.

Listened to GOYB many a time now and its gets better every time. 8) ;D :)

Mal

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »
Get On Your Boots is freaking awesome!!

I just played it for my dad, and he loves it!

Good news guys - the "First Thoughts on the New Single" thread is filled with wonderfulness - I think everyone is loving this song! What a relief!

DA NA NA NA NA NA DA NA NA NA NA NA (sings riff)

Offline dferrier

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 10:49:37 AM »
Happy to hear the new single and happy to be on the happy thread.   :)  I agree with you all.  I can't take the negativity anymore.  Don't get sucked in anthony.  The concert was beautiful.  I watched with my kids and it brought a tear to my eye at the end, when Beyonce sang "America the Beautiful" and everyone was singing with their hands over their hearts.  Do people in other countries think we're just really sappy or what?  I am honestly moved by stuff like that.  I get teary sometimes when a high-school kid sings the national anthem at a local football game.   :'(  Garth Brooks is a fun performer to watch, isn't he?  He has a little of the passion and connection with people that Bono has.  He looks like he's just enjoying the hell out of himself.  I'm not a fan of country music, but I bet his concerts are a blast.  Keep up the happy thoughts, people! 

(btw, you crack me up, Vlad!   :D)

I agree about Garth Brooks, I'm not a fan of country music at all, but he did a great job of getting the crowd fired up - previous performers had trouble doing that.  I think that the choir helped.