Which U2 world tour during the 2000's was the best

Elevation Tour
19 (37.3%)
Vertigo Tour
9 (17.6%)
U2360 Tour
23 (45.1%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: Best U2 Tour of the decade  (Read 3773 times)

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Best U2 Tour of the decade
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 11:06:42 AM »
Elevation tour, just watch the slane show!!!!!power emotion rawness and electrifyingly brilliant.

The set lists, U2 were deffo on the up popularitywise, indoor arenas (europe) and just the band and the crowd!.

360 and vertigo were amazing, however i think the set list lets 360 down somewhat (although still loved it just not enough variety) and the vertigo tour was badly timed (most uk / ireland shows played in daylight which took away the atmosphere and the show) caught rom end of july and darks form @ 3/4 song in and it was like being at a different show (to manchester) and then there was miss sarajevo!!!!!! slighly let down with vertigo starting and ending the show.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 11:18:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Elevation tour, just watch the slane show!!!!!power emotion rawness and electrifyingly brilliant.

The set lists, U2 were deffo on the up popularitywise, indoor arenas (europe) and just the band and the crowd!.

360 and vertigo were amazing, however i think the set list lets 360 down somewhat (although still loved it just not enough variety) and the vertigo tour was badly timed (most uk / ireland shows played in daylight which took away the atmosphere and the show) caught rom end of july and darks form @ 3/4 song in and it was like being at a different show (to manchester) and then there was miss sarajevo!!!!!! slighly let down with vertigo starting and ending the show.

You're not wrong kevc, you're not wrong. Elevation was the last time U2 did right by us European fans.  I mean playing 'City Of Blinding Lights' in broad daylight! ::)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
I loved the Elevation show - last time I saw them in intimate (is 10000 people intimate lol) was on the ZooTV indoor shows in Glasgow.

360 blew me away though in terms of pure show....

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 12:42:17 PM »
I am proud to say that I have seen every U2 US tour and vote for 360. Each tour had it's own charm, pros and cons, but I fully admidt to being seduced by The Claw. I saw the show many times from several vantage points and there wasn't a bad seat in the house. U2 is a rare band that can create intimacy in a stadium. I cannot wait for U2 360 2010-- I am ready for what's next.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 01:42:16 PM »
I loved the Elevation show - last time I saw them in intimate (is 10000 people intimate lol) was on the ZooTV indoor shows in Glasgow.

You jammy arab sing, I naively tried to get a ticket for the Manchester 'Sellafield' Zoo TV indoor show but alas nothing doing.  I ended up watching the show in a bloody field in Leeds the following year with some student friends.  I always get the feeling that an artist is taking the pi*s when they book musical concerts in football stadiums. :(

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 02:09:05 PM »

You jammy arab sing, I naively tried to get a ticket for the Manchester 'Sellafield' Zoo TV indoor show but alas nothing doing.  I ended up watching the show in a bloody field in Leeds the following year with some student friends.  I always get the feeling that an artist is taking the pi*s when they book musical concerts in football stadiums. :(

I had to sleep out overnight to buy the tickets in the freezing cold at the SECC in Glasgow - great show was right beside the b stage!
Mind I also did Celtic Park and Leeds too - I'm not sure about whether its pi*s taking or just the outcome of being great - they have put on great shows (Leeds was great if somewhat 'far away') to compensate but there is something magic about seeing the whites of their eyes without having to queue in GA for 4 days to do it!!

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 02:10:35 PM »
Even though 360 was my first and it was amazing, I'll have to go with Elevation, simply because I remember the hustle and bustle before the big shows, and the fact that I was living in Boston when it occured and that was the live DVD. A lot of people don't know that during a basketball halftime show for some NBA game, they went live to the Fleet Center (now Banknorth) and it was RIGHT as Streets was beginning. I remember watching it at home.

The heart-shaped stage was really pretty and I imagine the atmosphere was wonderful.

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:12 AM »
Elevation.

It was in an arena, didn't have the stupid lights on strings, awesome version of the Fly, Pop songs occasionally in the setlist, cool house-lights-on opening,

Offline stubby

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 02:27:13 PM »
I would say the 360 tour as i got to see it in another country. I went to boston and it was amazing (apart from the hassle of trying to get to and from the concert).  Never saw the elavation tour as they did not come to NZ  >:(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:28:56 PM by stubby »

Offline peggy2ten

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 02:30:02 PM »
Definitely Elevation.  Hard to beat the energy of Elevation as an opening song.  Elevation was my first time seeing U2 in an arena and after seeing ZooTV and Pop, it was amazing to see them so close - I felt like I was seeing them in a nightclub.  I had GA twice and I was so excited when Elevation began that I thought I'd have a heart attack.  I had seats for a few other shows and they still did a much better job of connecting with the audience than for 360.  GA was great for Elevation and Vertigo - there was actually room to move around.  As another poster noted, it was so crowded in GA this time around (even back along the ellipse) that it was hard to focus and enjoy the show.    While the circle might hold 2000+, no one wants to be at the back of the stage, making the front and sides dangerously crowded.  

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2010, 09:37:30 PM »
I would say the 360 tour as i got to see it in another country. I went to boston and it was amazing (apart from the hassle of trying to get to and from the concert).  Never saw the elavation tour as they did not come to NZ  >:(

Which Boston show?

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »
so what's this mythical 'elevation' tour of which you all speak?

Offline CherryYouDanceWithMe

• Elevated
  • Larry "Boom Boom" Mullen
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »

Poor Briscoe, no Elevation in AUS.  :'(

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 10:50:45 PM »
id say vertigo was the best, but portions of elevation and 360 were both unbelievable.  i loved the theme in vertigo, and there was a great connection with audiences.  elevation, specially after bob died, was just incredible.  and of course 360 had amazing nights that just resonated because of the sheer scale of people and the enormity of the stage and songs.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2010, 05:53:43 AM »

Poor Briscoe, no Elevation in AUS.  :'(

I think U2 passed on going to Australia for 'Elevation' because of the poor ticket sales in Oz for the Pop-Mart tour but then remembered just how incredible Ozzie fans were on the 'Vertigo' tour.  I think it is outrageous for U2 to leave out Australia or New Zealand for that matter, on any tour.  My cousin Zoe, is praying for the 360 circus to come rolling into Perth WA sometime soon.