Author Topic: Glad to be a U2 FAN!  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Glad to be a U2 FAN!
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:48:18 PM »
I joined the forum about a month ago. I have enjoyed chattin with everyone in here. Ive even enjoyed some of the heated, but harmless, debates. But tonite, on the same day I sat back and watched a very moving event in Washington DC, I come in here and read all the negative and rude comments floating around. A forum is about opinion. But its sad that a few have to come in here and try to stir things up. To the point where m2 (matt right?) had to close the thread up. Ill admit, I got a little fired up after I read a few negative comments. Not about U2, Bush, or Obama. Thats fair game in my eyes. But ripping on America upset me a bit. I watched the Lincoln event with a few friends and family. And believe me there was alot of political debate goin on. But one thing we all agreed on was the music. From Springsteen to U2. Music is what its all about. It brings people together. I could see that today in DC. I saw it after 9/11, when U2 played the Super Bowl. This post may be a bit of rambling, but just wanted to share my thoughts. Right before I wrote this, I was about to reply to a negative post. In a negative way. U2 is the best band around, period! They move me in a way I cant describe. Everyone in here knows what Im talking about. So even on their worst day, their still 4 lads from the nside of Dublin who touch my soul like no other music can.

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
Glad to be a U2 FAN!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:50:41 PM »
And yes I meant to post this in the discussion room. Sorry

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
Re: Glad to be a U2 FAN!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »
Thank you for posting this, anthony. I wholeheartedly agree. I wish I didn't have to read so many negative posts - it's all the about the music and bringing people together.

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 02:01:44 AM »
Anthony02, you sound like a great person! A true U2 fan and admirer.
I take my hat off to you.

And thanks for the warning... I refuse to read the negative posts!

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 07:23:47 AM »
My thoughts are similar, anthony.  Americans are not as cynical as we may seem.  I think no matter what our political leanings, we all feel inspired and emotional when we see a concert like that, and witness the spectacle that the inauguration will be.  What did somebody call it?  Corny or cheesy?  I only saw beauty and dignity and pride. 

Offline Ricco

• Stateless
  • I was the bad guy who walked out...
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 07:37:52 AM »
Whatever happened to the beauty inside of me........  :D

Sorry Anthony, I wasn't trying to stir stuff up, I just wanted to give my opinion as to how I felt about the performance.  I could care less about the political stuff.

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »
I feel the same way Anthony02. Didn't come on for three days (a very important 3 day's mind you :D) And the forums changed. Quite a bit of negativity being posted.

LONG LIVE THE HAPPY THREAD LOL. :) :D :D

Mal

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 10:17:54 AM »
Don't worry about the negativity-the Angel of Harlem is here to spread some of her angelic light. ;D If I see negativity (and I don't mean respectful opinions) I put my positive spin on it. I love this forum and all of the good people in it. It is up to all of us to NOT let this wonderful place turn into the junk that you see out on that world wide web! I am sure we won't let that happen. If I see a bad thread, I usually just go somwhere positive. A nasty thread will die if no one goes in it and responds. So what do you all think? Does that sound like a plan? Let's not let all that spoil this wonderful time that we U2 fans have been waiting years for.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 10:38:39 AM »
I know, it feels like Christmas again. A U2 Holiday Season!   :D
It can only get better, and forum can only get busier.

Yes, Angel of Harlem, thank you for spreading some pixie dust over the threads.  ;)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 11:41:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Whatever happened to the beauty inside of me........  :D

Sorry Anthony, I wasn't trying to stir stuff up, I just wanted to give my opinion as to how I felt about the performance.  I could care less about the political stuff.

Its all good, there was one post in particular. But not yours. But thats old news, its all about the single now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!