Author Topic: It Might Get Loud premiere in Dublin  (Read 8773 times)

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
It Might Get Loud premiere in Dublin
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »
Got Back from the IFI a couple of hours ago. Apart from the movie, which i thought was great, it really makes you want pick a guitar, Edge and Bono were in the audience. Other Famous people were around. almost all the members from Virgin Prunes, Guggi, Gavin Friday and edge's brother. Edge's dad amd mum were around, along with other family members. Bono was with at least one his daughter Jordan, i believe. Edge introduced some teachers from Mount Temple School. it was really great to be part of that. felt almost like i was one of their acquaintances, as the venue is a small theatre. really cool experience for a U2. And even though i have met Bono on many occasions, although tonight was the first time i saw him in public in a while, he is quite a presence when he is in the room.
here you will find some pics from edge giving a short and funny speech before the start of the movie: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And i almost forgot... European people! Go see watch this movie, most of the music played in it is U2's. Enjoy!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: It Might Get Loud premiere in Dublin
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
I am so jealous!  Sounds like you had a great time.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 11:08:57 PM »
Thx for the recap, PA - very cool. Where are the pics you mentioned? I can't find them in the link you included.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 11:48:26 PM »
Thank you PA!  Looking forward to the pics!!

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »
I'm sorry about the pics. I don't know what happened. they were among my picasa web albums, and i'm checking this morning and they are gone. i will upload them later today. can't now cause i'm at work. but for you american people they should be on line on time :-) sorry again (really don't understand why they dont come up)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 11:02:46 AM »
I can see them!  Aww Mr. The Edge looks so cute making his speech.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

F'n awesome pics! 
Sounds like a great evening.  I loved IMGL, especially the bits actually from their school, and I can't even imagine watching it with Bono and The Edge sitting in the same theatre.  How cool. ANd it sounds like it was a bit of a reunion of all the old mates.

Just reading your recap makes me wish I was you Paddyattitude...to get to be there in the room and see them, well that is just way too cool.  What an awesome opportunity.  How did you manage to get tickets?  I'm so impressed!
Thanks so much for your post and the photos! 

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 11:03:36 AM »
ok. very sorry about the delay with the pics but you find them following that link You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
they  are in the album call it might get loud premiere in dublin.
hope you'll enjoy them

ps: there is also an album with pics from the 3 360 tour dates in dublin

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »
hj,
i bought the tickets from the internet last week. at taht time i had not idea there would a premiere like this. it was nowhere mention edge would tun up although i was a bit suspicious. cause they were advertising the movie as being shown from the 8th up to the 14th of january. but then i saw that date isolated from others. and i told myself 'let's go for that one'
in the end very easy to get tickets. i kept an eye on the IFI website until they were put on sale

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 11:37:17 AM »
Awesome!  I'd love to hear Edge speak... about anything...  :P  Loved the movie, too.

Offline Utwoed

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Being ridiculous is something I hold dear
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 11:44:41 AM »
Lucky you Paddy and well done!  I just rented the movie and will be watching it this weekend.  I'll probably end up buying it. 

I can imagine Bono is a quite a presence in a room because he just has that personality :)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 11:49:30 AM »
hj,
i bought the tickets from the internet last week. at taht time i had not idea there would a premiere like this. it was nowhere mention edge would tun up although i was a bit suspicious. cause they were advertising the movie as being shown from the 8th up to the 14th of january. but then i saw that date isolated from others. and i told myself 'let's go for that one'
in the end very easy to get tickets. i kept an eye on the IFI website until they were put on sale

That's wicked...so it was kind of a surprise!  Nice work...being an Uber U2 fan pays off bigtime!  Amazing that it was easy to get tickets to such a premier like that!  LUCKY!

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 11:54:01 AM »
got the eamil from U2.com the day before the screening stating the edge would be attending. think they had kept tix for U2 fans living in ireland, cause the email also said they had tickets still on sale the day before. i guess only u2.com subscriber living in ireland got that email

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
got the eamil from U2.com the day before the screening stating the edge would be attending. think they had kept tix for U2 fans living in ireland, cause the email also said they had tickets still on sale the day before. i guess only u2.com subscriber living in ireland got that email

yeah, I live in Canada and never got that email...that is good that U2.com is keeping local Irish fans in the loop for these events.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 12:54:33 PM »
Thanks for the report, Paddy!

I got to see IMGL in Chicago last summer but watched it again last night. Oh, to have been there with The Edge and Bono!
Great film, and I bet you never forget that night. 8)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 02:15:09 PM »

That is awesome Paddy!  I am a huge Prunes fan as well, so that would have been heaven for me! Glad you got to go.