Author Topic: if 'get on your boots' wasnt U2  (Read 5745 times)

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
Re: if 'get on your boots' wasnt U2
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 03:15:25 PM »
"I can't believe that someone who can start their colonoscopy prep on an airplane would get stage fright at a urinal.''

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 05:08:04 PM »
People who think the new single sucks are welcome to their opinion and should be able to state it here without being hassled for it.

People who think the new single is the greatest song ever recorded are welcome to their opinion and should be able to state it here without being hassled for it.

Let's all grow up. Nobody is wrong for how they feel about the new song. It's called an opinion.

I've deleted a few posts here that were nothing more than personal attacks. Those kinds of posts will get you banned, so everyone keep your head.

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
  • U2, Peter Gabriel, and Genesis shall dominate
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 07:38:39 PM »
Thank you Joe. That's what I said earlier on the post. Please. In the name of love...

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
People who think the new single sucks are welcome to their opinion and should be able to state it here without being hassled for it.

People who think the new single is the greatest song ever recorded are welcome to their opinion and should be able to state it here without being hassled for it.

Let's all grow up. Nobody is wrong for how they feel about the new song. It's called an opinion.

I've deleted a few posts here that were nothing more than personal attacks. Those kinds of posts will get you banned, so everyone keep your head.

If only everyone could understand that.  Besides, does it matter if someone else does or doesn't like GOYB?  Not really, as long as you like it.  And why in the world would you attack someone for their opinion???
Of course, people saying that it is 'the worst song ever and u2 are the stupidest band around' type "opinions" are just looking for a fight, so they can go to another website if that's what they want.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 10:29:42 PM »
But to adress the point I think he was trying to make - us U2 annoracks will love anything U2 produce, whether it was good bad or indifferent. You'll get long threads on various sites saying how brilliant a new song is, even if they released a 30 second version of Baa Baa Black Sheep.

I need to give the song a few more listens - Ive only heard it the once in the car - were it anyone else, or if I werent a U2 fan, Im not sure it'd be an "Oh that's cool" reaction, rushing out to buy the single.

I want to hear U2 do a 30 second version of Baa Baa Black Sheep. I think that would be quite funny actually.

That would be interesting, and I would love to see them release the version of the Hokey Pokey they did during a video shoot (COBL You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 10:32:14 PM »
If the song wasn't a U2 song - people would be saying "Who is the new band with this great sound?"

Offline domino

• Refugee
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 10:54:23 PM »
That would be interesting, and I would love to see them release the version of the Hokey Pokey they did during a video shoot (COBL You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

I was there!! WOOT! It was pretty great. Everyone started singing along and he was surprised we knew the song  ;D

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 11:11:31 PM »

I was there!! WOOT! It was pretty great. Everyone started singing along and he was surprised we knew the song  ;D

Lucky!

Offline the Edge Gotto

• Elevated
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2009, 11:17:53 PM »

Lucky!

I can't find the video.

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009, 07:26:31 PM »
....then they should probably take it off of their website.