Author Topic: U2 + NASCAR = WTF!?!?!?  (Read 14787 times)

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
Re: U2 + NASCAR = WTF!?!?!?
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2010, 03:10:16 PM »
 :D :D :D :D briscoe and noline... You crack me up.  ;D

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2010, 10:04:47 PM »
What is the NASCAR season...Starts in Feb and ends....when? Are there playoffs? 

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2010, 11:11:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ends when the drivers get dizzy.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2010, 04:27:21 PM »

It starts in February with Speedweeks (Bud Shootout, Gatorade Duels, and Daytona 500) and ends at Homestead Miami Speedway in November. There is racing almost every week either on Saturday or Sunday. There are 36 races in the Sprint Cup season. The Playoffs is the last 10 races (aka The Chase) where the top 12 drivers in points are the only ones eligible to win the championship in the Sprint Cup (main series) once The Chase begins. There is a lesser series known as the Nationwide Series, there is also a truck series known as the Camping World Truck Series.

Any other questions?  :)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2010, 04:41:28 PM »

It starts in February with Speedweeks (Bud Shootout, Gatorade Duels, and Daytona 500) and ends at Homestead Miami Speedway in November. There is racing almost every week either on Saturday or Sunday. There are 36 races in the Sprint Cup season. The Playoffs is the last 10 races (aka The Chase) where the top 12 drivers in points are the only ones eligible to win the championship in the Sprint Cup (main series) once The Chase begins. There is a lesser series known as the Nationwide Series, there is also a truck series known as the Camping World Truck Series.

Thanks very much for answering my question.  How many cars can race at one time?  Is there a limit?  So the sprint cup...another car can win the race but only the top 12 are eligible to take home the prize?  Has that ever happened?  Another car, not one of the top 12 wins the race? 

Oh...and ok here in Edmonton we have a grand Prix...is that like Nascar?  Or is that like comparing the NHL to the WHL? 

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »
Grand Prix is NOTHING like Nascar. Apart from the car bit.

There are corners in Grand Prix racing.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • The goal is soul
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »

Thanks very much for answering my question.  How many cars can race at one time?  Is there a limit?  So the sprint cup...another car can win the race but only the top 12 are eligible to take home the prize?  Has that ever happened?  Another car, not one of the top 12 wins the race? 

Oh...and ok here in Edmonton we have a grand Prix...is that like Nascar?  Or is that like comparing the NHL to the WHL? 

There can be 43 cars at the start of the race. That is the limit, often up to 55 cars come to qualifying in hopes of making the 43 car field. Yes... this has happened a handful of times in the past years which is why the Chase was extended from 10 cars to 12. Some recent examples are Tony Stewart in 2008 winning at Talledega and in 2009 Jamie McMurray winning at Talledega as well. Oh yeah your welcome... I'm always glad to teach people about NASCAR who want to learn instead of those who are ignorant to it.  :)

Offline u2fannewyorkinok

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rut Roh!
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 07:10:01 AM »
Definitely a poor choice of song! I was very surprised when I heard it the first time. There is a local hospital that uses Beautiful Day and I think that one is kind of nice.

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »
ok, turn left
now, left again
and left
left again
keep going