Author Topic: How To Highlight Other's Posts?  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
How To Highlight Other's Posts?
« on: January 15, 2010, 09:44:30 PM »
With the risk of sounding stupid, how do you highlight other people's posts if you are quoting them?

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Re: How To Highlight Other's Posts?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 11:25:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
With the risk of sounding stupid, how do you highlight other people's posts if you are quoting them?

Like, making their type bold? Or actual highlighting?

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:30:12 AM »

OK...I just did it. I went to your post and pressed QUOTE on the upper right hand corner. Then be sure to go to the very end of the quote and post your response AFTER the last [/quote] otherwise your response will be in the middle of the other person's post. I did that quite a few times  :D You should see how long it took me to figure that one out ! Then when you are done responding...you press post at the bottom as usual.

I hope that helps. Now that is for quoting the entire post. If I just want to note part of it , I just highlight it in red. Above this box is the change color function.  I highlight the sentence, then go to change color , pick you color and press. Done! Then at that point just press post. 

I hope I did not confuse you more. SG

shockdocta22

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 09:19:16 AM »

OK...I just did it. I went to your post and pressed QUOTE on the upper right hand corner. Then be sure to go to the very end of the quote and post your response AFTER the last
otherwise your response will be in the middle of the other person's post. I did that quite a few times  :D You should see how long it took me to figure that one out ! Then when you are done responding...you press post at the bottom as usual.

I hope that helps. Now that is for quoting the entire post. If I just want to note part of it , I just highlight it in red. Above this box is the change color function.  I highlight the sentence, then go to change color , pick you color and press. Done! Then at that point just press post. 

I hope I did not confuse you more. SG
[/quote]

Or you can delete most of the other persons posts

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 02:41:42 PM »
Yes thank you guys I feel like an idiot now.  It's just that I can be quite lazy in learning new functions on my computer. :)