Author Topic: Rattle and Hum Viewing Party/Bon Voyage Rattleandhum24 Sat. Jan 23rd 9 PM EST  (Read 63688 times)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OH HI!

Just popped in for a quick hello, looks like there was plently of squealing and fainting over here tonight.  So sad I missed out...
Are you watching ZooTV live from Sydney now?

Oh a quick question...have any of you ever seen Rattle and Hum on the Big Screen?  Or am I just THAT old?  
They also used to show it twice a year at midnight showings at the Paramount Theatre downtown here back in the 90's.  It was so awesome to go and sit with other U2 fans and watch it.  I wish they would do that again.  I should call the Princess theatre here and see if we could get a showing of it sometime in June in the build up to the concert.  

YES YOU SHOULD!  OMFG that would RULE.

Yes, it would totally rule!!  Okay so I called a gentleman named Rick over there at the Princess Theatre and it is complicated.  Option number one is for them to plan to show it (he was not keen on this) Logistically he would have to find out who has the rights to Rattle and Hum then he would have to get permission to show it from a DVD because the quality of the 20 year old film would probably be pretty sketchy he says.  And would cost more to get it here.

Option 2: If we wanted to rent out the theatre for 2 hours and show it:  Again he'd have to find out the right issus and get permission to show it from DVD.  It would cost $750 to rent the theatre + we'd have to cover all the costs of the film rental.  We would have to supply our own float and box office person to sell tickets.  And the theatre would open the concession but they'd keep the proceeds.

While on the phone with him he pointed out that most U2 fans, himself included, already have Rattle and Hum on DVD so really...would anyone come and pay money to see it?  I think they would AND I think we could make a really cool fan meetup out of it.  But I am always thinking these things would be super popular and lots of U2 fans would come.  Do you think I should post this somewhere and see what kind of response we could get?

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
I've got some ideas I sent to ya - we'll do something ;) ;)

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
OH HI!

Just popped in for a quick hello, looks like there was plently of squealing and fainting over here tonight.  So sad I missed out...

Oh a quick question...have any of you ever seen Rattle and Hum on the Big Screen?  Or am I just THAT old?  
They also used to show it twice a year at midnight showings at the Paramount Theatre downtown here back in the 90's.  It was so awesome to go and sit with other U2 fans and watch it.  I wish they would do that again.  I should call the Princess theatre here and see if we could get a showing of it sometime in June in the build up to the concert.  

Yes, it would totally rule!!  Okay so I called a gentleman named Rick over there at the Princess Theatre and it is complicated.  Option number one is for them to plan to show it (he was not keen on this) Logistically he would have to find out who has the rights to Rattle and Hum then he would have to get permission to show it from a DVD because the quality of the 20 year old film would probably be pretty sketchy he says.  And would cost more to get it here.

Option 2: If we wanted to rent out the theatre for 2 hours and show it:  Again he'd have to find out the right issus and get permission to show it from DVD.  It would cost $750 to rent the theatre + we'd have to cover all the costs of the film rental.  We would have to supply our own float and box office person to sell tickets.  And the theatre would open the concession but they'd keep the proceeds.

While on the phone with him he pointed out that most U2 fans, himself included, already have Rattle and Hum on DVD so really...would anyone come and pay money to see it?  I think they would AND I think we could make a really cool fan meetup out of it.  But I am always thinking these things would be super popular and lots of U2 fans would come.  Do you think I should post this somewhere and see what kind of response we could get?

Hj - DEFINETLY make a thread or something on the subject. I know I'd LOVE to R&H in the theatres. I'm sure you guys will come up with something great. :)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...

I moved it over to Fan plans.

OH HI!

Hj - DEFINETLY make a thread or something on the subject. I know I'd LOVE to R&H in the theatres. I'm sure you guys will come up with something great. :)

I moved it over to Fan plans so we can chat further.