Poll

Who would you like to produce the next U2 album and why?

Brian Eno / Daniel Lanois
Rick Rubin
William Orbit
Themselves
Steve Lillywhite
Trent Reznor
Jimmy Iovine
Jack White
Howie B
Jack Frost
Other

Author Topic: Next Producer?  (Read 8964 times)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Re: Next Producer?
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2010, 05:18:24 PM »
What's structural songwriting jick? we're all ears

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 02:43:48 PM »
A producer that recently came to mind as a potential producer for U2 is Trevor Horn. It could be an interesting relationship. Like Eno  his has an impressive record as a producer (  Seal, Yes, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Simple Minds,Pet Shop Boys and Charlotte Church) and as a musician (Buggles, Yes and Art of Noise). He is not a pop hit producer per se, but if you look at the albums he has produced for various artists, his is always one of that artists most successful releases. His Career and U2 has also  sort followed a similar time frame, so that would have to be relatively familiar with one another.

hurricane hugo

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2010, 04:36:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A producer that recently came to mind as a potential producer for U2 is Trevor Horn. It could be an interesting relationship. Like Eno  his has an impressive record as a producer (  Seal, Yes, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Simple Minds,Pet Shop Boys and Charlotte Church) and as a musician (Buggles, Yes and Art of Noise). He is not a pop hit producer per se, but if you look at the albums he has produced for various artists, his is always one of that artists most successful releases. His Career and U2 has also  sort followed a similar time frame, so that would have to be relatively familiar with one another.

I'd love that. I wonder if U2 would commit to doing a whole album in London, as Trev doesn't seem to like leaving his town much. Does he still own the SARM studios?

#@!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2010, 05:09:21 PM »
If Johnny Amsterdam were around he'd suggest giving Stock, Aitken And Waterman a crack.  :D

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2010, 09:21:32 AM »
From totally out of the blue, here is a suggestion for a producer if they really want to go back to that Joshua Tree style.

At the time of the Joshua Tree album, Daniel Lanois had been producing an album for Robbie Robertson to which U2 contributed. In Robbie's band for the album, the bassist was Larry Klein, very much a producer in his own right. A few years later, he produced an album by Indio, the pseudonym for Gordon Peterson, which I discovered at one time last year, and it's very much in the same soundscape as are Lanois' other productions of the time such as Peter Gabriel's So album and said Robbie Robertson album. So as a lesser known candidate, I'd like to nominate:

Larry Klein.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2010, 03:55:52 PM »

I'd love that. I wonder if U2 would commit to doing a whole album in London, as Trev doesn't seem to like leaving his town much. Does he still own the SARM studios?

#@!
Yes he does. He owns SARM, ZTT Records and and a music publishing company (Perfect Songs), all under the name "SPZ". He is/was also a huge influence on the work of Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, who has also worked with REM, Paul McCartney, Air ......and U2!