Author Topic: A bit annoyed...  (Read 1215 times)

Offline smalin186

• Refugee
A bit annoyed...
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm in LOVE with GOYB. But is anyone else a bit annoyed that after the band hit such a "rich songwriting vein", we're only getting 11 tunes? I mean, all the big bands have had double albums. Zeppelin, the Stones, Springsteen, the Beatles, the Clash--hell, even the Chili Peppers. I really thought it was time for U2's double album. Well, maybe we'll get another album soon after this one like Larry was hoping. Anywho, I'm still superpsyched for NLOTH. Ashame that that pesky February is getting in the way  ;)

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
Re: A bit annoyed...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 10:29:33 AM »
I won't cry foul if we get copious and quality b-sides, instead of the table scraps we got with the ATOMIC BOMB b-sides...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:49:06 PM by Joe90usa »

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 10:42:53 AM »
I wish we could get a double album too.....but I think the best case scenario we can hope for right now is another Zooropa kind of album, released in a year or two. I mean, if they had up to 50-60 song ideas, all they'd have to do is finish them up a bit. We'll most likely be getting some excellent b-sides, too. And we don't know what the bonus tracks will be yet!

Offline alex.found.pete.the.chop

• Refugee
  • ... in hell with a bottle of milk
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 10:46:24 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Don't get me wrong, I'm in LOVE with GOYB. But is anyone else a bit annoyed that after the band hit such a "rich songwriting vein", we're only getting 11 tunes?

I want whatever they feel comfortable best represents where they are at the moment.  I was hoping for at least 12 songs, but I'll take 11 and hope they release more soon.