Author Topic: U2's GRAMMY Awards results...  (Read 23296 times)

Offline LOGAN B

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Ambition Bites the Nails of Success.
Re: U2's GRAMMY Awards results...
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2010, 08:54:14 AM »
If U2 hadn't already won an S load of grammies before then this would really suck. Why dont they recognize the albums that are more foward looking? I still can't believe HTDAAB won a grammy and AB didn't. I can't believe it. I cant.

Offline Joe G (Love You Like Mad Magazine)

• Precious Stone
  • 2 souls 2 cool 2 B in the realm of certainty
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2010, 08:54:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Honestly, I love U2 more than any band...

but NLOTH did not deserve best rock album of the year, and I'm really happy that 21st century breakdown won... that album was by far one of the greatest albums i've heard in a loooooong time.

Don't get me wrong, U2 is ten times better than Green Day, but I'm not gonna be naive and in denial

21CB---Better rock album definitely. Deserves the best rock album nod.
NLOTH--Completely different genre than rock.  I think it's a slightly better overall album than 21CB. I loved NLOTH from the get-go and am just now starting to love 21CB. NLOTH was nominated in the wrong category.

Offline Springbok

• Wanderer
  • Let Go and Let God
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2010, 08:57:58 AM »
I'm kinda happy U2 won 0 awards.  :)

To me, it's a good thing.
why?

Maybe that is just the type of motivation they need to step it up. They always have this thing of needing to prove themselves, and maybe this is what will inspire them to produce an amazing next album.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »
Honestly, I love U2 more than any band...

but NLOTH did not deserve best rock album of the year, and I'm really happy that 21st century breakdown won... that album was by far one of the greatest albums i've heard in a loooooong time.

Don't get me wrong, U2 is ten times better than Green Day, but I'm not gonna be naive and in denial

Please don't call someone naive if they like something you don't; it sounds very sanctimonious. I've heard 21st century breakdown a few times and for me it sounds like bog-standard Greenday b-sides. NLOTH has more imagination for me. Just my opinion though.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »
Man, the Grammys suck something awful this year, both in terms of nominees and performances. At least last year we had U2 and Radiohead to liven things up.

Last year's U2 performance of GOYB at Grammys was not so great (horrible IMHO).    Therefore, NLOTH got no Grammy love this year.
it didn't get any cause it didn't deserve any.

Well what on Earth do Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga deserve? Do you think the Grammy's are reflective of the best music out there? So HTDAAB deserved its 5 and AB got what it deserved in zero? Or are you yet again being inconsistent in your arguments?

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2010, 09:11:48 AM »
Man, the Grammys suck something awful this year, both in terms of nominees and performances. At least last year we had U2 and Radiohead to liven things up.

Last year's U2 performance of GOYB at Grammys was not so great (horrible IMHO).    Therefore, NLOTH got no Grammy love this year.

Well what on Earth do Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga deserve? Do you think the Grammy's are reflective of the best music out there? So HTDAAB deserved its 5 and AB got what it deserved in zero? Or are you yet again being inconsistent in your arguments?
Lady gaga deserved it more than U2 cause at least she's trying to be original. u2 gave that up a decade ago

• Precious Stone
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2010, 09:15:22 AM »
HTDAAB and ATYCLB deserved all those Grammys 'cause they were original. Now I understand.  :)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2010, 09:17:31 AM »
HTDAAB and ATYCLB deserved all those Grammys 'cause they were original. Now I understand.  :)

HTDAAB was a real rock album.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2010, 09:17:49 AM »

And once again we have JA logic; NLOTH did not win any because it did not deserve any, and Grammys are an indicator of quality. HTDAAB won a LOT ... but this does not mean it deserved them, because JA does not like it, and now Grammys are not an indicator of quality.  ::)

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2010, 09:19:05 AM »

Lady gaga deserved it more than U2 cause at least she's trying to be original. u2 gave that up a decade ago

Lady Gaga could have been made in a pop star factory she's that manufactured. And Taylor Swift? NLOTH has Fez/Being Born, Cedars of Lebanon and Moment of Surrender; all of which are much more creative than anything they've put out.

Offline Johnny Amsterdam

• Desert Rose
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2010, 09:29:01 AM »

And once again we have JA logic; NLOTH did not win any because it did not deserve any, and Grammys are an indicator of quality. HTDAAB won a LOT ... but this does not mean it deserved them, because JA does not like it, and now Grammys are not an indicator of quality.  ::)
yep and now you've cracked "JA's holy code"

• Precious Stone
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »
Opposite land.  :)

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2010, 09:44:31 AM »

yep and now you've cracked "JA's holy code"

Except of course, for the fact that you claimed that the lack of Grammys indicated NLOTH's lack of quality.

mariannemo

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2010, 09:57:45 AM »
Since Use Somebody is a near-direct ripoff of several Snow Patrol and Coldplay songs, who are two U2 ripoffs themselves, these awards might as well have gone to U2.  :D :D :D ;)
   I totally agree with you.

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:32 AM »
Guys, let's remember just this;

Achtung Baby won one grammy

How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb won nine

...That in itself should pretty comprehensively disprove the idea of the Grammies are an indicator of quality.

holy s$$$$t is that true woww then i agree its no where near and indicator of quality