Author Topic: Changes to 360 tour  (Read 6884 times)

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
Re: Changes to 360 tour
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2010, 01:54:18 PM »
I hope they don't take out WOWY even if the band doesn't seem into it still sounds great, when you are actually there. Walk on didn't sound to great and it didn't seem like the band was into it. May be it's just the masks, but I would rather hear EBTTRT, mofo, please or the fly. The stage is asking for some crazier songs. Oh and don't get rid of the crazy tonight remix, that song is amazing.

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2010, 04:22:55 PM »
^As to EBTTRT, mofo, please, fly, crazy remix, hmtmkmkm: Seconded, thirded, and applauded by all my multiple personalities.  The question is, is the band feeling the need for a more daring set?  Come on Edge, you know you want to . . .  ;D

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2010, 04:26:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
^As to EBTTRT, mofo, please, fly, crazy remix, hmtmkmkm: Seconded, thirded, and applauded by all my multiple personalities.  The question is, is the band feeling the need for a more daring set?  Come on Edge, you know you want to . . .  ;D

Depends what you mean by daring - a hardcore fan set or an off the wall set?

Offline Stateless_Passenger

• Stateless
  • "Don't want to change the frame..."
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
360 needs more Pop.

Also, I'd like to hear Satellite of Love return. Just Bono & the Edge like Zoo TV days. However, I'd like Bono to change the lyrics to "I love to watch things in 360 degrees...heeee, heeeee etc etc".

Oh & please add Fez-Being Born & Stand Up Comedy...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:53:10 AM by Stateless_Passenger »

Offline HarlemsAngel94

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • How much air will I Needtobreathe?
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
Wow, just reading the first page, I can't believe the narrow-mindedness of all these posts. WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING TO THE LARGEST STADIUMS IN THE WORLD, 80% OF THE CROWD ISN'T GOING TO KNOW THESE SONGS!! I mean, you're talking about dropping WOWY???? I mean I would love to hear some of the rare stuff also but songs like that define the band! Despite the lack of emotion in WOWY, I think they would struggle even worse with songs they've never played before.

Ok, now that that's out of my system, I just want to hear All I Want Is You. Simply the most beautiful song IMO besides Streets. I'm praying that the LED Jacket and Mic stay along with the Dance Version of Crazy Tonight. I'm sure they will but I really want to see them again. Stand Up Comedy would be a real rocker also

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2010, 08:40:43 PM »
WHEN YOU'RE PLAYING TO THE LARGEST STADIUMS IN THE WORLD, 80% OF THE CROWD ISN'T GOING TO KNOW THESE SONGS!! I mean, you're talking about dropping WOWY????

I agree, and I was one of the ones who got to see YBR.  It was amazing to be a part of that, but it sort of sucked the life out of the show because no one knew it.  I had been checking playlists and had a hunch it would be played, so I put it on the playlist for the drive to the show.  None of the 5 people I went to the show had ever heard it, even though it is on one of the compilation CDs (and thus might be purchased by casual fans).

There are ways of "shaking it up" for the casual fan without losing 80% of the crowd.  No this wouldn't be groundbreaking to most of us, but let's look at what they did on leg 1 - Ultraviolet and Unforgettable Fire became staples again and fit great with the flow of the show.  They typically played 6 songs off the new album (when I saw them in '87, they only played 7 off of JT), and I presume that sort of thing will continue.

I predict 2-4 new songs from NLOTH or newer material will be rotated in.  I am guessing Winter, Fez-BB, Cedars and 1 unreleased track.

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 03:06:30 AM »
Personally, I think that with 40 or so hit singles, U2 should and can mix it up a little : not in terms of playing "Lady With Spinning Head", but to have rotating hits such as I Will Follow, Out Of Control, Desire, When Love Comes To Town, All I Want Is You, Fly, Even Better, Wild Horses, Numb, Discotheque, Please, Sometimes, ABOY, Saints, Windows In The Skies should be in there.

Also, mix up the running order : put "One" in the middle, for example. I've long been tinkering with sets, and even if they don't add new songs, maybe they should move some around - open with "Magnificent", put "Breathe" as the post-acoustic song, throw "Unknown Caller" to a different spot, follow "Crazy" with "Vertigo" in the first third of the show..

Once you get to "Blinding Lights", the sets on this tour are 95% identical, the only question there is at that point is "Bad - or not?"

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2010, 12:36:39 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see Edge's new trousers.

;D

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 12:38:30 PM »
I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see Edge's new trousers.

;D

Will you be able to see them.  They look like ants in a stadium. :P

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »
im hoping they will play kingdom instead of it being the walk on song.
stand up comedy would be good and white as snow
anything from the b side of the joshua tree especially red hill mining town, one tree hill and a full band version of in gods country
drop pride, elevation and sunday bloody sunday for wire, two hearts beat as one and i fall down

LOL - I think if Bono now tried to hit the high notes in "Red Hill Mining Town" his head would literally burst into a million Bono pieces.  They bagged that one on the JT tour because he couldn't hit the notes every night back in 1987....It's 2010...Not a shot. Such a great song though!

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 06:59:40 PM »

Once you get to "Blinding Lights", the sets on this tour are 95% identical, the only question there is at that point is "Bad - or not?"

Well said . . . I wish the answer could be a resounding, "Yes," but we know that isn't going to happen.

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 11:38:29 PM »
Personally, I think that with 40 or so hit singles, U2 should and can mix it up a little : not in terms of playing "Lady With Spinning Head", but to have rotating hits such as I Will Follow, Out Of Control, Desire, When Love Comes To Town, All I Want Is You, Fly, Even Better, Wild Horses, Numb, Discotheque, Please, Sometimes, ABOY, Saints, Windows In The Skies should be in there.

Also, mix up the running order : put "One" in the middle, for example. I've long been tinkering with sets, and even if they don't add new songs, maybe they should move some around - open with "Magnificent", put "Breathe" as the post-acoustic song, throw "Unknown Caller" to a different spot, follow "Crazy" with "Vertigo" in the first third of the show..

I think you bring up a good point that the band has enough "hits" to rotate them around a create several fresh sets to play with. I do wish the band would recognize Pop and Zooropa a bit.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2010, 06:51:26 AM »

I think you bring up a good point that the band has enough "hits" to rotate them around a create several fresh sets to play with. I do wish the band would recognize Pop and Zooropa a bit.

Longshot.  Problem is that the same people who begged them to drop "Pride" and "Bullet" would complain that instead of "Zooropa" or "Pop" they should've played "Red Light" from "War".  The back and forth of tour complaining is brutal. 

Offline m100

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 06:05:18 AM »
At some point i'd like to see the main set close like this:

Crazy Tonight
Discotheque>Staring at the sun (as in early 2001 gigs)
Bad>all i want is you>40
Where the streets have no name

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »
At some point i'd like to see the main set close like this:

Crazy Tonight
Discotheque>Staring at the sun (as in early 2001 gigs)
Bad>all i want is you>40
Where the streets have no name

I think if they were to play Discotheque on this tour, they would have to use every bulb at the 360 stage's disposal. It would be an illustrious light show. Probably cause a few epileptic seizures but there's a price to pay for everything.