What was Bono's best alter-ego?

Mr. Macphisto
48 (44%)
The Fly
58 (53.2%)
Mirrorball Man
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Best Bono alter-ego  (Read 36530 times)

Offline MrMacphisto2

• Stateless
Best Bono alter-ego
« on: February 17, 2010, 05:18:56 AM »
Self explanitory

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: Best Bono alter-ego
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:46 AM »
The Fly.  Leather-clad Bono.  Also self-explanatory.

Offline AspiringDragon

• Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby; it'll be alright.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 09:52:47 AM »
While all three were great, I have to say MacPhisto.

Mirrorball Man was interesting with his mockery, but I just felt like Bono wasn't into it much. And The Fly was leather-clad and awesome and adequately mocked rock stars, but I think MacPhisto has the edge on The Fly for best overall. It was the character that had the most interaction on stage and meaning, in my opinion.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:46:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LOL. 
Mmmhmm. ;)
I'm going with MacPhisto. He cracks me up.
Gotta love the schizophenic rock star complex. It can make for interesting music/entertainment.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »

You, I like!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Boom Cha!

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
I love the Mirrorball Man. I wish Bono would've used that persona a bit more.

Offline AspiringDragon

• Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby; it'll be alright.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 12:23:30 PM »
*sees Monica's post*

*dies*

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:40 PM »
Very hard to argue with the Fly...but...

The attitude! The brilliance!

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 01:34:07 PM »
wow Monica... Nice montage there... but...

Mr. Macphisto

;D

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »
Just thinking about all these 'characters' reminds me of how brilliant the Zoo TV/Zooropa tour really was. :)

Mr MacPhisto was the best, a true European renaissance man. He was way too decadent for American audiences. ;)

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 02:05:25 PM »
HIT THREAD.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
We all know how much I dont like his alter egos :P

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »
We all know how much I dont like his alter egos :P

Oh come on, it was only for one tour.  Bono felt he had to distance himself from Bono for a little while. :D

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
The Fly and Mr. Macphisto are really close, but Macphisto wins.

I actually like The Fly better than Macphisto character-wise, but Bono did a better job "acting" Macphisto. The accent, the makeup, the clothes... he literally became a different person when he put on the costume.

Also, I like the songs Macphisto got to sing. :D

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »
I <3 The Fly, but MacPhisto's pretty cool too. Haven't seen much of Mirrorball Man, so hard to say on that one.