What was Bono's best alter-ego?

Mr. Macphisto
48 (44%)
The Fly
58 (53.2%)
Mirrorball Man
3 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: Best Bono alter-ego  (Read 36535 times)

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
Re: Best Bono alter-ego
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2010, 10:08:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Beli, I can't see your picture of Alton, and I didn't want anyone to miss out on his beauty, so here you go.  (Ignore the phantom hand - bad cropping effort on my part.)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't know that there could be a good picture of Alton Dalton. . .

That is stunning, gorgeous, flawless perfection right there.

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 12:16:50 AM »
Thanks LJ. . . I couldn't find a good one! And as far as the gameboy goes, Bono was wearing the most up to date technology at the time. . . seriously. 

When I was a kid I always wanted a Gameboy. All I asked for was a Gameboy. But my parents never gave one to me. *sob. They said they'd give me eyes in a moon of blindness, a river in a time of dryness, a harbour in the tempest. BUT ALL I WANTED WAS MY GAMEBOY. WAHHHH.

I'd be happy to pluck that one off Bono for you  ;D

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2010, 07:22:21 AM »
Thanks LJ. . . I couldn't find a good one! And as far as the gameboy goes, Bono was wearing the most up to date technology at the time. . . seriously. 

When I was a kid I always wanted a Gameboy. All I asked for was a Gameboy. But my parents never gave one to me. *sob. They said they'd give me eyes in a moon of blindness, a river in a time of dryness, a harbour in the tempest. BUT ALL I WANTED WAS MY GAMEBOY. WAHHHH.

*dies laughing*

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 05:52:44 PM »
The Fly, hands down.  8)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
The Fly, hands down.  8)

I'm loving you a whole lot right now!

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »
The Fly, hands down.  8)

I'm loving you a whole lot right now!

What can I say, The Fly was the sexiest of the three....

Offline TheEdgeIn4D~Too much is NOT enough! {T-PEP}

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2010, 06:36:24 PM »
Mua ha ha I broke the tie!  8)

Just had to bring this thread back to get some picture action in here.

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »
Mua ha ha I broke the tie!  8)

Just had to bring this thread back to get some picture action in here.

And picture action you shall have!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2010, 06:47:15 PM »

I. LOVE. THIS. PICTURE. It just............AH. That totally somehow totally captures the personality of The Fly.

Offline Mandles

• Elevated
  • It's that time of year again!
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2010, 06:49:11 PM »
That one and this one gets me, too:

(yeah, I voted The Fly.)

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
I voted MacPhisto.

I'd LOVE to dress as him in Chicago next summer! I do have a gold lame jacket. ::)

Not sure if a greying Mac would go over, though.. ??? 

What? Value Village has lots of interesting items! ;D

• Up With the Sun
  • Exile...
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
That one and this one gets me, too:

(yeah, I voted The Fly.)

*gets several rolls of papertowels*

I voted MacPhisto.

I'd LOVE to dress as him in Chicago next summer! I do have a gold lame jacket. ::)

Not sure if a greying Mac would go over, though.. ??? 

What? Value Village has lots of interesting items! ;D

DO IT BIRDLOVER! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! Just my two cents.  ;D

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 02:24:56 AM »
Do you really think I should? I'd need a LOT of Bonogirl support for this! No way am I standing in the GA line all day with my daughter dressed like MacPhisto! She'd be cool with it, but I need folks who UNDERSTAND!

At least I'd be easy to spot. :P

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »
Do you really think I should? I'd need a LOT of Bonogirl support for this! No way am I standing in the GA line all day with my daughter dressed like MacPhisto! She'd be cool with it, but I need folks who UNDERSTAND!

bridlover, I have been to U2 shows dressed as Macphisto and Mirrorball Man.  The trick is to suggest the costume and not dress up completely, for example just a gold jacket and horns. People will get it.

And for the record Uplate said she wouldn't talk to me if I dresses as Mirrorball Man in Philly. . . .  ;)

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 03:40:22 AM »

bridlover, I have been to U2 shows dressed as Macphisto and Mirrorball Man.  The trick is to suggest the costume and not dress up completely, for example just a gold jacket and horns. People will get it.

And for the record Uplate said she wouldn't talk to me if I dresses as Mirrorball Man in Philly. . . .  ;)

I'm going to have to agree with Uplate on that one. I love you, but I can't help but think of how ridiculous that Edge guy looked in the GA line in Atlanta.

However, that girl who got on stage in NZ had horns so who knows?