Author Topic: Anyone going to Salt Lake city?  (Read 1493 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Anyone going to Salt Lake city?
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:28:48 AM »
This was a surprise show! I might....

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
Re: Anyone going to Salt Lake city?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Yes in deed!!!!

You know I've had quite the experiences here in Salt lake (this is where I live).

On the Elevation tour, I came here on a trip (before I moved here) and had to drive to LA early to catch that show.

Then on Vertigo, they didn't announce it until the third leg and so I bought tickets to the Seattle show, so I drove from Salt lake to Seattle and like a few months later they announce the SLC show...

This time I bought Denver tickets since there where no plans to come here and the Rice Ecles stadium isn't really that big, maybe the same size as the Vegas college stadium. So I NEVER thought they'd come here since it seems like such a small venue I didn't think the claw would fit it.

But oh well... I can't really complain since I'm going to two shows now and I've already been to the Rose Bowl.
I'm happy!

Offline NavyInvictus

• Babyface
  • We are people born of sound
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »
I'm going!! I'm a Salt Lake native currently finishing college in Maryland...will be back in Utah for a week after graduation and it just happens to be the week I am there that U2 announced this show...incredible!

I went to the 1st Giants Stadium show of 360, and the Vertigo Tour when it came to SLC a few years ago. Getting my tix for this surprise bonus on Friday!

Offline emuhunter

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 08:08:11 PM »
Glad to hear there are other Utahns on here!!

Offline Zoostazione

• Stateless
  • Ticket to paradise
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Just got my GA ticket for SLC!!! Horizon Group!!! Popmart opener in LV, 360 opener in Barcelona, now SLC!!

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 03:29:30 PM »
CONFIRMED! first SLC and then Denver!

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 11:50:24 AM »
So it's been a week  since tickets went on general public sale, and the stadium hasn't sold out yet! I kinda spent way to much time trying to figure out how many seats there are left and I came up with an estimate of about 6000 roughly. Now Salt lake city seemed to me to have a pretty big U2 following, some hard core fans but a very large casual fan following, I remember during the vertigo tour the now Energy Solutions Arena sold out pretty quick, and I understand Rice ecles is about twice as big with a capacity of a little over 45k, but I feel it should of been sold out by know specially given the great reviews the tour has had and the fact that the venue isn't really that big.

I'm really exited about the show and want to have an amazing experience but it seems like with the response people are giving it might not be as awesome of an experience with an amazing crowd as I wish for.

Am I freaking out here or does anyone else feel the same??
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:11:17 PM by Boy83 »

Offline emuhunter

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 12:31:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So it's been a week  since tickets went on general public sale, and the stadium hasn't sold out yet! I kinda spent way to much time trying to figure out how many seats there are left and I came up with an estimate of about 6000 roughly. Now Salt lake city seemed to me to have a pretty big U2 following, some hard core fans but a very large casual fan following, I remember during the vertigo tour the now Energy Solutions Arena sold out pretty quick, and I understand Rice ecles is about twice as big with a capacity of a little over 45k, but I feel it should of been sold out by know specially given the great reviews the tour has had and the fact that the venue isn't really that big.

I'm really exited about the show and want to have an amazing experience but it seems like with the response people are giving it might not be as awesome of an experience with an amazing crowd as I wish for.

Am I freaking out here or does anyone else feel the same??

Honestly, I'm not TOO surprised just because I know lots of people who would love to go but money's tight and I know lots of other people (such as myself) who spent the cash to go to Vegas and now are saying "Aww *#&@!! I'm going to need to scrimp and save so I can afford to go in June."
I realize that's just anecdotal evidence but I'd also say that the 360* setup has more seats, and as such it'd take longer to sell out.
No worries  :)

Offline robbrecon72

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 01:43:50 PM »
There are 8,366 seat tickets left as of 8am this morning.  They sold 548 tickets over the weekend Fri thru sunday.  All they need to do is sell an average of 100 tickets per day and the show will be sold out.  Once it gets within a couple weeks of the date, the tickets will start to fly a lot quicker.  Since GA is sold out they've sold at least 45,000 tickets so far.   

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
I have a GA but will most likely wind up selling it, just because I can't be away from my family for too too long and I already have tix for both Anaheim shows.