Author Topic: My Venue Fun Facts  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
My Venue Fun Facts
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
So I was thinking about the upcoming leg and how this is the first time for me to go to to very close dates, SLC June 3rd and Denver June 12th. Frankly I can't wait nor stop thinking about it... So that said... I've thought a lot (by that I mean fantasized) with what that concert experience will be like for me having GA tickets for both venues.

And that got me thinking a lot of things that are actually quite funny when you think about them... I live in Salt lake city and these are some of the funny things I noticed that people traveling might not know about the venue, and maybe you could share something about your venue for us to know.

First of all it's a college football stadium so it doesn't really have an enclosed structure... Pretty much right across the street, there is a VA hospital... but the funny thing is that given the height of the 360 claw... the speakers will pretty much be clear out on top of the south wall of the stadium blasting 2 hours plus of high volume music to not only  all patients at the VA but all people living around.

Then the south section of the stadium is really low so I remember one time I went to a Real Salt Lake game when they used to play there, and from the sidewalk I could almost see the north end of the court. So you can imagine with the height of the claw, you could pretty much be standing on the street and still enjoy the show! LOL Forget paying a ticket! Plus there is a university building in the north side which I'm almost certain you could get on the roof and enjoy the show too. (a little pointer for U of U students ;))

So those are some inside things about my venue... Anything curious happening in you venue???
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:05:35 PM by Boy83 »

Offline Lady B

• Refugee
  • Cool down mama..........cool off
Re: My Venue Fun Facts
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
Boy83, great, great topic!!

Fun Fact about Qwest Field Seattle:

Qwest Field (NFL Seahawks) and Safeco Field (MLB Mariners) are directly across the street from one another.  And by street, I mean 100 yards apart.  The U2 show is the night of Sunday, June 20th AND there is a Mariner's game the same day, starting at 1:10.  So for all you folks in the GA line.........you'll be able to take in the sounds of the Mariners game:  the crack of the bat, the cheering, the booing, the roars, the player announcements etc.  Not to mention the smell of kettle corn and garlic fries.  Add the fact that there will be 50,000 baseball fans along with U2 fans mixing and mingling........will make for a VERY festive atmosphere!

But please, don't get me started on the traffic or parking woes of 50K in and 50K out of the same area in downtown Seattle.

Looking forward to reading everyone's Fun Facts.

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
  • Ill come back above, when there is only love <3
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:05:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Qwest Field (NFL Seahawks) and Safeco Field (MLB Mariners) are directly across the street from one another.  And by street, I mean 100 yards apart.  The U2 show is the night of Sunday, June 20th AND there is a Mariner's game the same day, starting at 1:10.  So for all you folks in the GA line.........you'll be able to take in the sounds of the Mariners game:  the crack of the bat, the cheering, the booing, the roars, the player announcements etc.  Not to mention the smell of kettle corn and garlic fries.  Add the fact that there will be 50,000 baseball fans along with U2 fans mixing and mingling........will make for a VERY festive atmosphere!

But please, don't get me started on the traffic or parking woes of 50K in and 50K out of the same area in downtown Seattle.

Oh my gosh!! I didnt know this!! :D
How fun!!! :)
I cant wait !

But wait.. wont the claw get in the way of the game? LOOOL  :D

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 01:05:50 AM »
^ no. Different stadium Tyra.  Quest Field is the U2 show and Safeco Field is the Mariners game

I might go to both the Philly and NY show, so :

NY-New Giants Stadium.   Just completed this year, it'll be U2's first show in that stadium

more to come about Philly.  *goes to look up*

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 01:07:09 AM »
^ no. Different stadium Tyra.  Quest Field is the U2 show and Safeco Field is the Mariners game

I might go to both the Philly and NY show, so :

NY-New Giants Stadium.   Just completed this year, it'll be U2's first show in that stadium

more to come about Philly.  *goes to look up*
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 01:11:12 AM »
Safeco would be the worst concert venue ever :D

Quest is gonna be sick though

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 01:22:16 AM »
Safeco would be the worst concert venue ever :D

Quest is gonna be sick though

Im so glad its out door...
I hope it rains at the end of the concert.  :) :) :) Bono.. wet.

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
Chris...headdesk

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 01:24:16 AM »
 :D :D

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 01:29:44 AM »
I hope it stays dry :D

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:05 AM »
cause you'd be jealous

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 01:35:35 AM »
I have a man crush, not a crush..get it right :D

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 01:36:45 AM »
sorry sorry :D

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 01:39:56 AM »
we dont have the same type of crush on him ;)

Offline Boy83

• Stateless
  • My Blue Room
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »

I went up there for the Vertigo tour @the Key Arena, and I visited thouse places... And yup! Can't imagine traffic for that! There was a really cool karaokee bar/taco place just a couple of blocks from the arena where we went to after the show and they had only u2 songs on the karaokee machine! It was way fun!!! I like Seattle.... I'd go there again!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:12:46 PM by Boy83 »