Author Topic: why u2 are like a political party  (Read 902 times)

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
why u2 are like a political party
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:41:30 AM »
u2 are the only band who sound like politicians when they are getting interviewed. it annoys the hell out of me. the only one who seems to give an honest answer these days is larry.

when u2 are asked about another band, they never have anything bad to say. maybe this is just good manners. but i say to hell with it. do we really believe they like ALL the bands they are asked about? i don't think so.

they couldn't say anything about the war (larry excluded) in case they offended anyone important.

whenever you hear an interview with them, it's as if there is a broken record on loop regurgitating the same innoffensive/monotonous and rehearsed answers. they stick rigidly to towing the party line, and rarely do we get an incisive, passionate response from any of them anymore. the only thing bono seems passionate about is his causes, which is a good thing, but he can be really boring with regards to other aspects of life.

edge and adam aren't worth listening to anymore. they score a 10 on the snooze-ometer.

where's the humour gone to (again) lads?

they shouldn't worry too much about offending others, they should go back to giving honest answers.

my rant is over  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 09:11:34 AM by miami »

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
Re: why u2 are like a political party
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:10:49 AM »
the main reason i have posted this rant is because i don't believe a word that escapes their mouths these days. look at the songs of ascent debacle. they raised all our hopes with the "50 songs in the pipeline" tripe. it looked a certainty we were gonna get SOA within a year of no line. that's if we believed what the band were saying. instead of coming out and saying definitively that there isn't going to be a new album out before the tour, they have left their fans hanging on info from anonymous sources and band "insiders".

any political party waits on which way the wind blows before releasing their policies. ditto u2. no line underperformed (commercially), so they are going to wait for a good while longer before releasing their latest version of their own populist "spin". if their "already written" songs were any good, why not just release the album and have the courage of their convictions and not allow their commercial concerns to over-ride their artistic output.   

hurricane hugo

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 10:37:51 AM »
your objections have been noted, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

#@!

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:32:48 PM »
Funny, I always feel thankful that - unlike some other celebrities - U2 don't take cheap shots at other artists to make themselves look cool. To me that's a sign of class. Depends how you look at it, I guess.

Also, I think Bono's made it pretty obvious where he stands on the war in Iraq. It's just that he's chosen a different political focus.

But I don't think you're wrong to suggest that the band (Bono especially) have taken some pages out of politicians' books over the years!

Offline Van the Man Fan

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
Bono called Chris Martin a wa**er.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 02:04:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
your objections have been noted, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

#@!

more wonderful, insightful posts from your esteemed self. i feel honoured in the knowledge that you even take the time to respond to my posts. i wait with anticipation to read what you may write next, as all your posts have been truly memorable to date. until next time, all the best, sir cletus thurston beauregard, knight of the atu2 realm and beholder of the fountain of all knowledge.  ::)

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 07:54:51 PM »
Well Bono did wear that Palestinian style scarf and talked openly about a "Palestinian Dream" while performing at the Lincoln Memorial before Barack Obama and the Washington Establishment last year.  Not altogether radical, but something of a departure from the modulation...