Author Topic: Best concert intro + suggested intro for 360 3rd leg  (Read 6541 times)

Offline Zoostazione

• Stateless
  • Ticket to paradise
Best concert intro + suggested intro for 360 3rd leg
« on: March 13, 2010, 12:07:50 PM »
Joshua Tree...slow organ rising to Streets opener

ZooTV indoor leg...Bono acapella then Zoo Station

ZooTV Outside Broadcast...Bush "we will we will rock you", Bono the Fly against video wall, then Zoo Station

Zoo Europa...Triumph of the Will Big Drum Ode to Joy, Bono the Fly against video wall, then Zoo Station

Popmart...Pop Muzik, audience entrance like boxing match, then Mofo

Elevation 1...Elevation remix with house lights, plain band entrance, then Elevation

Elevation 2...All You Need Is Love with house lights, plain band entrance, then Elevation

Vertigo...Wake Up, "everyone everyone" shouty bit, Edge solo w/long COBL intro similar to orchestra tuning up

360...Space Oddity then Kingdom of Your Love, then Larry strolling out solo and pounding out Breathe intro

360...long intro to Magnificent (that one time, was it in Boston or New York?)

My favorite intro of all time is the Zoo TV Outside Broadcast and for the next leg of 360, I think it ought to be a long intro to Magnificent. Get crowd involved from the get go, much more than Breathe can.

I may have left some things out, feel free to add, like intros to earlier tours...Lovetown, TUF, War, etc.

And I'll see some of you in Salt Lake City, Anaheim and Oakland!

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
Re: Best concert intro + suggested intro for 360 3rd leg
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
ZOO TV Indoor Leg - The "I could have lost you..." Intro.

I just listened to it again...

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
^What Domenico said . . . that gets stuck in my head, and the only thing to get it out is to start my bootleg going.  It haunts me.

As for 360, I would be interested to see the show start with a different number.  Breathe gets the U2 fans going, but I think *everyone* would get moving with, say, Magnificent.  That being said, I'm not sure where else Breathe could go in the set other than the first slot.  Larry's drum intro needs to be the start of something, and putting it at the beginning of the encore break messes with that part of the show.  Hmm . . . interesting question, Zoostazione!  I see I missed you @ Wembley by a day last summer.   ;)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
For me it was the intro to the Elevation show.  Simple and unfussy, it created huge anticipation at the Manchester #2 show.

Offline nolinehere

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 01:47:28 PM »
Magnificent would be a better intro for the 360 tour. White lights flashing on and off in time to the keyboard intro then BOOM, Massive white floods light up the stadium at the "real" start a la streets, people jumping up and down......etc

Breathe could easily fit into the set, especially after a slow/acoustic song.

Offline Aqua

• Acrobat
  • adam for trlica 8^)
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 01:57:55 PM »
Breathe would work well anywhere in the set. Magnificent would work probably better as an opener. U2 just want to make sure the crowd hears Breathe.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 02:39:43 PM »
Breathe is best possible opener.  I don't see how it can be improved, certainly not by the likes of Magnificent, Boots or NLOTH.  It would be cool if they opened a show with Fez-Being Born, by taking the crowd around the world in the opening number.

Offline Zoostazione

• Stateless
  • Ticket to paradise
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 02:52:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
^What Domenico said . . . that gets stuck in my head, and the only thing to get it out is to start my bootleg going.  It haunts me.

As for 360, I would be interested to see the show start with a different number.  Breathe gets the U2 fans going, but I think *everyone* would get moving with, say, Magnificent.  That being said, I'm not sure where else Breathe could go in the set other than the first slot.  Larry's drum intro needs to be the start of something, and putting it at the beginning of the encore break messes with that part of the show.  Hmm . . . interesting question, Zoostazione!  I see I missed you @ Wembley by a day last summer.   ;)

Actually I was at both shows! No point in going to London and missing a U2 show.:-)

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 03:43:30 PM »
Breathe is best possible opener.  I don't see how it can be improved, certainly not by the likes of Magnificent, Boots or NLOTH.  It would be cool if they opened a show with Fez-Being Born, by taking the crowd around the world in the opening number.

Can you imagine the publicity GoogleEarth would get if U2 opened with Fez and flew us all around the world while we watched the jumbotron under the Claw?  I love Fez . . . wonder if we will see it anywhere in the set this time.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »
Worth mentioning the other main Vertigo intro (There was a Love and Peace or Else one too, least prominently) which was-  Band enter, Edge strums Vertigo riff, Bono gets the crowd going with "Hello Hello...." a few times, then they launch into Vertigo.

Offline Zoostazione

• Stateless
  • Ticket to paradise
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 06:41:43 PM »
Worth mentioning the other main Vertigo intro (There was a Love and Peace or Else one too, least prominently) which was-  Band enter, Edge strums Vertigo riff, Bono gets the crowd going with "Hello Hello...." a few times, then they launch into Vertigo.

Oh I knew I forgot an intro...I remember that from the Euro stadium leg. It gets the crowd going but lacks the mystery and excitement of a COBL opener, IMHO.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »

Elevation trumped Vertigo as a straightforward opener.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 06:53:11 PM »
I thought the Kingdom-individual bandmember/instrument intro into Breathe was amazing and it worked perfectly.  I can see how Magnificent or Fez would work well but Breathe was made to be an opener.  I really hope it stays that way

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »
I thought the Kingdom-individual bandmember/instrument intro into Breathe was amazing

So did I. It was great that Larry got to start things off. 8)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 01:12:36 AM »
I thought the Kingdom-individual bandmember/instrument intro into Breathe was amazing

So did I. It was great that Larry got to start things off. 8)

I love seeing each individual band member get cheered :)