Author Topic: Overheard conversation between Brandon Flowers and Chris Martin.......  (Read 21568 times)

Offline chickenhawk

• Babyface
Re: Overheard conversation between Brandon Flowers and Chris Martin.......
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 08:16:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Coldplay are actually planning to release an album this year...

I agree though Viva La Vida, Violet Hill, Lovers In Japan, Lost! and Life In Technicolor are all leagues better then "Boots". The albums as a whole...well lets wait for March 3rd. Then I'll give you an opinion from a fan of both.

In Rainbows winning would be laughable. Viva La Vida has it for sure...they owe Coldplay Grammys from A Rush Of Blood To The Head.

Kings of Leon are under recognized by the Grammys...

Viva La Vida is a really special song.  I'm a U2 fan first, but that single and many songs on their last album are incredible.  U2 will have to do much better than "Put on Your Boots" to compete with the standard Coldplay has set.  I'm still optimistic that NLOTH will be great.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 08:22:49 AM »
Viva La Vida is probably the best Coldplay song I've heard. It has some good lyrics, unlike the songs from X & Y. I don't think Coldplay will ever be able to knock U2 out of the water, partially because Chris Martin doesn't have anything like the power in his vocal delivery to do so. I just think that they're far too conservative and neat to be a great rock band, they've got to be prepared to get their hands dirty.

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 08:56:25 AM »
I shall resist the Joe Satriani Grammy joke just calling out to me, and in the spirit of Obama's inauguration, say that I like the lyrics to Viva La Vida.  ::)

hurricane hugo

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 09:03:49 AM »
Just as The Killers can not touch the U2 of the past, the U2 of the present (Vertigo and beyond) can't touch (but heres to hoping they do) the Killers today.  Its hard for me to admit this, as I have lived most of my life with a single .mp3 CD of U2s Discography in my car... The Killers material is just more fresh, dynamic, and spontanious then what U2 puts out these days.  This is as it should be since U2 has been around for oh ~30 years.  The first 2 Killers albums are probably some of the best albums ever made, amazing that a band these days can put out albums that one can listen to from start to finish.  I just hope the public is smart enough to catch on or they will backlash against them like they did to U2 with Pop.  There is only so much someone has to say and I am beginning to think that Bono is losing touch :) . Coldplay is are pretty good to... but they don't make whole albums, and Chris Martin sweats Bono so bad its sad, even mimicing his stage antics... at least Brandon does his thing.

You have a promising career in standup comedy should you wish to pursue it.  ;)

#@!

Offline car chase

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:01 PM »
Just as The Killers can not touch the U2 of the past, the U2 of the present (Vertigo and beyond) can't touch (but heres to hoping they do) the Killers today.  Its hard for me to admit this, as I have lived most of my life with a single .mp3 CD of U2s Discography in my car... The Killers material is just more fresh, dynamic, and spontanious then what U2 puts out these days.  This is as it should be since U2 has been around for oh ~30 years.  The first 2 Killers albums are probably some of the best albums ever made, amazing that a band these days can put out albums that one can listen to from start to finish.  I just hope the public is smart enough to catch on or they will backlash against them like they did to U2 with Pop.  There is only so much someone has to say and I am beginning to think that Bono is losing touch :) . Coldplay is are pretty good to... but they don't make whole albums, and Chris Martin sweats Bono so bad its sad, even mimicing his stage antics... at least Brandon does his thing.

You have a promising career in standup comedy should you wish to pursue it.  ;)

#@!

You don't. :P

Offline astor

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
I prefer Coldplay over The Killers because The Killers sound like a crappy retro band doing covers of some obscure crap band from the 70's.  For years, these bands have pumped out this kind of Ďretro-revivalí business and it seems that when every year ticks over to the next, instead of creating something thatís truly original they just rehashes someone elseís idea that was big 20 years ago and try to put a new spin on it, and I think thatís a bit disappointing. At the end of the day, if you donít have originality all you are is a lesser version of someone else. Iím hoping that weíll see a return to more artistic values in music, because commerciality had f#@ked the industry in a lot of ways Ė the central intention and priority behind popular music is a financial one and thatís a real shame, Iíd really like to see more abstract music come to the forefront. Abstract music=no bands like The f*&king Killers.

Revolver7

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 11:03:17 PM »
I second Boom Cha's statement...I love Coldplay, but The Killers definitely have something that they don't

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
  • A dangerous idea that almost makes sense
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 11:29:39 PM »

In Rainbows winning would be laughable.

I consider this one of the most valuable releases of the last decade from probably the most constitant and reliable band in the world.

But that's just me.

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 01:10:03 AM »
When is U2 going to release a song as good as Clocks?

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »
They're too busy releasing better songs... ;)

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 01:22:24 AM »
Bono has been working on a song called Watches for the last three albums.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 01:26:44 AM »
 ;D

Clocks are no better than watches. Bigger, yes. But not better.  ;)

• Numb
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 03:15:30 AM »
Okay, Then maybe Bono will change the song so the title is about Sun Dials.

Offline soloyan

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 05:34:36 AM »
"Staring at the Sun"

Revolver7

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 09:01:30 AM »
I hope "In Rainbows" wins...

I think it has a chance