Author Topic: European Shows - Torino - When to start lining up?  (Read 988 times)

Offline charlottenaomi

• Stranger in a Strange Land
European Shows - Torino - When to start lining up?
« on: March 15, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
Hi there,

I am attending U2 live in TORINO, ITALY! I have GA tickets and was wondering when it is best to start lining up to get a spot at the front? I attended Vertigo in Melbourne and we got there at about 4 am that morning, only because I couldn't convince my sister to stay the night though! I'd imagine it would be busier in a European city. If anyone has any recommendations it would be much appreciated!!

Thank You
Charlotte :)

Oh! Also, where  do you guys think its best to stand?

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: European Shows - Torino - When to start lining up?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:31:47 PM »
Its the first European show in 2010 so dunno if you want inside the circle then 6am ish?

I stood outside the main circle and had a great view on the band plus the screens - depends if you want a band experience or a band plus show experience I suppose!

I'm going as well -check out the two Scotsman with the St Andrews flag that will be us!

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 05:37:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi there,

I am attending U2 live in TORINO, ITALY! I have GA tickets and was wondering when it is best to start lining up to get a spot at the front? I attended Vertigo in Melbourne and we got there at about 4 am that morning, only because I couldn't convince my sister to stay the night though! I'd imagine it would be busier in a European city. If anyone has any recommendations it would be much appreciated!!

Thank You

Welcome to the forum !

The first gig on the European tour is going to be very popular. One cannot say with 100% certainty,what Q time is necessary to get into the inner circle, but the previous poster's estimated time of 6am sounds about right to me.

Which tickets one gets varies from person to person, but for me standing is the only way to go, and close to the front.
It it fairly exhausting but worth it.
You might find this website useful. Joe Ahorra from Hawaii has put together a fairly useful guide to GA for the inexperienced.
Joe's unofficial guide is well worth a read and this guy was at over 15 U2 gigs last year, and is going to 8 more this year, he was standing for almost all of them.

Offline Zoostazione

• Stateless
  • Ticket to paradise
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 07:39:30 PM »
Hi there,

Thank You

Your left, Edge side is most fun.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 10:07:48 AM »
Hi there,

Thank You

Shh!  Don't give away my secret! ;)

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • U2: Soul Rocking People
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 01:51:48 PM »

Shh!  Don't give away my secret! ;)

hehehehh! I was first row on Edge side at Wembley: my first and only (so far: got 3 for 2010) U2 shows: I LOVE EDGE... he even smiled at me!  :D :D waaa! Best spot ever :)

As for TORINO, I won't be there, but I wouldn't go later than 5/6 am... as it's already been said: first Euro gig after the USA! :)

If you're gonna be there, I'll see you in ROME!

Offline charlottenaomi

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 11:17:37 PM »
ah thank you so much for all your help!! It is certainly much appreciated :) Okay so 6 am as a hesitant guess, maybe a few hours earlier as its the first European show.
 I don't know where i want to be, I always thought in the circle, but now I've started wondering if i want to see it from a bit further back and get the whole experience! Ill have to have a think and consult my companions- although I got SUCH a kick out of seeing Bono up close at my Melbourne show!
And thank you for the heads up on where Edge stands - I'll keep it in mind and aim for the left! I also once heard a rumour (you know how U2 lines are for rumours..!) .. that Bono picks people from the left hand side to come up on stage. I live in hope! hahaha.
I will certainly keep an I out for the Scotsmen! keep an eye out for three Aussies, and maybe an 'I LOVE BONO' sign (not really)

Thanks for the guide Falling at your feet! Ill have a look - its just going to get me all excited i think!

Ah there really is nothing quite like waiting for a U2 show is there!

:D