Author Topic: U2 is Using a 360 degree stage design  (Read 16119 times)

Offline domino

• Refugee
Re: U2 is Using a 360 degree stage design
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 07:16:08 PM »
W-O-W...that NIN stuff is absolutely amazing. I hope U2 can match or top that.

Offline suppers ready

• Stateless
Re: U2 is Using a 360 degree stage design
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
First up, this all comes from an interview with Daniel Lanois who has seen "Preliminary drawings" of the stage setup. He said "I think there going 360 this time", "they are still set up favouring one end but there will be no pillars in the way"

So it's sounds like almost, but not quite "in the round", which would normally be dead centre in the middle of the arena/stadium.
Think of the indoor Vertigo tour which had an audience behind the stage in the higher levels only,now move the stage out toward the middle of the arena, this frees up the lower level behind the stage and also could mean a larger GA standing area as this could surround the stage.

Thats my take on it anyway.

I get the impression that the intimacy will come in part by using that technology they looked at before HTDAAB that put every attendee in the "sweet spot" for sound (or somethign like that).

Just a guess, but that'd also fit in with my guess that the tour name will be the In the Sound tour or (let me in the sound...whatever).

I do think in the round would be better in many ways....more great seats (pillars/speaker stacks, at stadium shows, don't really matter at most shows I've been too)