Author Topic: The Plan: 50 Days of Bono!  (Read 162130 times)

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: The Plan: 50 Days of Bono!
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2010, 04:22:23 AM »
Ahhhhh Monday Morning, first Day of The Plan!  Some Baby Bono is in order-- let us go from the Boy to the man, shall we?

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Here you can obviously see that yes, Bono is indeed a redhead. Who knew? I have also noticed that one of his sons really takes after him, curly hair and all. And who knew that cute button nose would grow so large? ;) Would you have ever thought his sweet innocent little boy in the white puffy shirt would go one to do what he has done?

One of my favorite Bono Baby stories is that his parents were horrified and amazed that as a toddler one of his favorite practices was to take bees by hand from one flower and place them on another. This he could do without getting stung. Even at such a tender age he was pushing the envelope.

Please feel free to add any Baby Bono pics and/or musings for the day.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 04:25:50 AM by Belisama »

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2010, 05:57:49 AM »
Well, I see Beli has beat me to it the morning. That's what I get for watching C-SPAN all night I guess.  But let's carry on with the Bono Adoration!

All together now, AWWWWWWWW!

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One of my favorite Bono Baby stories is that his parents were horrified and amazed that as a toddler one of his favorite practices was to take bees by hand from one flower and place them on another. This he could do without getting stung. Even at such a tender age he was pushing the envelope.

:D That totally sounds like something he would do! Where did you hear/read about it, Beli?

And now my contribution to the theme of the day:

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2010, 09:10:31 AM »
*sigh*  I know what I'll be doing for hte next 50 days.  This makes me smile.  Don't forget Oral Fixation day!

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »
Ahhhhh Monday Morning, first Day of The Plan!  Some Baby Bono is in order-- let us go from the Boy to the man, shall we?

Here you can obviously see that yes, Bono is indeed a redhead. Who knew? I have also noticed that one of his sons really takes after him, curly hair and all. And who knew that cute button nose would grow so large? ;) Would you have ever thought his sweet innocent little boy in the white puffy shirt would go one to do what he has done?

Aaaw!!!!!!!! Why are these the only childhood pictures of Bono? I love that story too Beli! U2fan8, it's told in a couple of different places, but Bono's father tells it like this in "U2 at the End of the World":

"I remember when he was about three, only a toddler. He was out in the back garden. He went over to a flower with a bee. He put out his finger, lifted the bee up, talked to the bee, and put it back again. He probably doesn't remember it, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I can remember to this day the horror of my wife and myself. He could go from flower to flower picking up bees and never get stung. Amazing, isn't it?"

I also remember, when I was first getting into U2, I read that biography "The Unforgettable Fire", and as I recall there's a funny story in there about how when he was a baby Bono used to cry so much that his mother actually took him to the doctor because she thought something must be wrong...so they did all these tests on him, and eventually the doctor concluded that he "just wanted attention". Don't know if it's true or not, but if it is - classic!

Offline Belisama

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 10:25:50 AM »

Aaaw!!!!!!!! Why are these the only childhood pictures of Bono? I love that story too Beli! U2fan8, it's told in a couple of different places, but Bono's father tells it like this in "U2 at the End of the World":

"I remember when he was about three, only a toddler. He was out in the back garden. He went over to a flower with a bee. He put out his finger, lifted the bee up, talked to the bee, and put it back again. He probably doesn't remember it, I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I can remember to this day the horror of my wife and myself. He could go from flower to flower picking up bees and never get stung. Amazing, isn't it?"

I also remember, when I was first getting into U2, I read that biography "The Unforgettable Fire", and as I recall there's a funny story in there about how when he was a baby Bono used to cry so much that his mother actually took him to the doctor because she thought something must be wrong...so they did all these tests on him, and eventually the doctor concluded that he "just wanted attention". Don't know if it's true or not, but if it is - classic!

Bloom, have you read the children's book abut Bono? It tells that story but it concludes that the Dr told the Hewsons that their son had "an eccentric heart." I like that one slightly better but can totally see the other as true as well.

And Yooper, we are so looking to you to contribute to this.  ;)

Another favorite Story From Bono's Childhood:

His nickname was : The Aniti-Christ-- oh the irony!

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 11:04:43 AM »
Is this Bono fella considered sexy by the ladies or what?

He's a bit goofy, but we kind of like him.
Yep, this.
I'm down for The Plan. Will let you know when I think of something.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2010, 11:07:13 AM »

LOL

oh how does this not surprise me? even at two, his ego was growing....;D ;D ;D

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2010, 11:14:44 AM »
Beautiful beautiful beautiful Baby Bono ;D ;D

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »
hez so cwute  LOL

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »
 :-*

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2010, 11:24:28 AM »
My favorite baby Bono stories come from his childhood friend....Guggi from the Virgin Prunes. They lived across the street from each other and were friends since they were about 3 years old. Bono used to play on the swings in Guggi's backyard. They used to play on scooters, bikes, skateboards and such in his yard too. I believe Guggi's dad worked for a shop that repaired them or something like that. You see, Lypton Village really started as early as about 1963 ;)

Oh back in the early days of touring the US for the first time, Bono's hair was very red. I always loved it! Those days will always be the U2 memories closest to my heart because I was their age too. It  was a special time for me as well.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »
My favorite baby Bono stories come from his childhood friend....Guggi from the Virgin Prunes. They lived across the street from each other and were friends since they were about 3 years old. Bono used to play on the swings in Guggi's backyard. They used to play on scooters, bikes, skateboards and such in his yard too. I believe Guggi's dad worked for a shop that repaired them or something like that. You see, Lypton Village really started as early as about 1963 ;)

Oh back in the early days of touring the US for the first time, Bono's hair was very red. I always loved it! Those days will always be the U2 memories closest to my heart because I was their age too. It  was a special time for me as well.
omg Bono was a ginger! lol Naturally? Did he start coloring it later on or did it just gradually turn more brown as he got older? My fave BB Bono story is the Bee story.

Offline Belisama

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »

omg Bono was a ginger! lol Naturally? Did he start coloring it later on or did it just gradually turn more brown as he got older? My fave BB Bono story is the Bee story.

He started experimenting with hair color as a teen. I think the black just looked very Rock and Roll to him.

Offline SBMitch

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Somebody stepped inside your soul
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Ah I have now read of the Plan-awesome idea-I can't wait to read all of these.

Baby Bono moving bees to the flower..."to be the bee, and the flower"....