Author Topic: a U2 forum is like the Inner Circle  (Read 3154 times)

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • U2: Soul Rocking People
a U2 forum is like the Inner Circle
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:13:47 PM »
Hello everyone,

well, it's great to be here! I'm 22, and I've been a U2 fan since I was 12... I'm Italian, but live in London, and well... I just love to share the U2 love  ;)
I've seen them live for the first time only last August: Wembley, 14/8/2009, and if I already was in love with them: eeek, seing them live literally brought it all to a new level: it's an absolute addiction now  ;) i'm sure you'll understand  ;D

I'll be in ANAHEIM both nights (6th and 7th june), and ROME (the big finale) and I hope to see you there!

oh, I might also add that I'm an absolute film geek: I guess cinema and U2 are my greatest loves  :)

Enough of me: how are you??! ;)

Alton Dalton

Re: a U2 forum is like the Inner Circle
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 04:15:40 PM »
Hi teresa_88. Good to have you! Enjoy. Lots going on here!  ;D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
Welcome teresa! I am sure you will really enjoy the forum. Have fun!

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 12:51:36 AM »
Welcome, and you'll absolutely love it here.  I discovered U2 around the same age, when ATYCLB came out!! :)

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »
Thanks for the nice welcome :) I can't wait to get going around here!

@U2-OAP: cool that we became fans pretty much at the same time! I do remember falling in love with Beautiful Day, and buying ATYCLB: my first U2 album, good times! :)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 02:06:32 PM »
Welcome teresa_88!!  Nice to meet you.

I fell in love with U2 around the same age as you (although I am much older than you are) and I had to wait 10 years to see them live the first time too!
Hope you have lots of fun at your concerts this summer.  Rome would be amazing, wish I could see them abroad!

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 02:24:10 PM »
Hey! I love your avi btw, it's wonderful.  :) Welcome to the forum!

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:50:31 PM »
Welcome, Teresa! I agree with Dudette, your avi is awesome. Did you draw it?

I first became aware of U2 when I was 11 or 12 also. I didn't become a true fan until last year, though. :)

I look forward to seeing you around!

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 07:22:15 AM »
thanks for the lovely welcome! I'm already going round threads and they're all very very interesting and enjoyable!

@hj: wow so I guess you've been following them from closer to the beginning than I did :) I love watching at live shows from the '80s there is a rawness to them that is really magic :) where are you from? And which was your first live? I figure nobody ever forgets the addiction-triggering first live: i'm so nostalgic of Wembley :)

@dudette and U28: thanks! glad you like the avi! yep, I draw it :) it's not an ongoing thing, but when I'm inspired I really enjoy drawing :) ie: Bono = VERY inspiring ;)

look forward to seeing you around in the various threads!

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 09:09:08 AM »
Welcome :)

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
thanks for the lovely welcome! I'm already going round threads and they're all very very interesting and enjoyable!

@hj: wow so I guess you've been following them from closer to the beginning than I did :) I love watching at live shows from the '80s there is a rawness to them that is really magic :) where are you from? And which was your first live? I figure nobody ever forgets the addiction-triggering first live: i'm so nostalgic of Wembley :)

Morning Teresa!

I was 11 in 1984 when I first heard the record Unforgettable Fire and the song Bad got me through a sad time and it was in 1992 I finally got to see them live.  We bought tickets in the bleeds and travelled 18 hours on a greyhound through the Rockies from Edmonton to Vancouver to see the ZooTV tour and yes, even though we were in the bleeds, my first concert makes me so nostalgic.  It was so amazing how they took that giant venue and made me feel like it was super intimate.  I still live in Edmonton and I am so excited to get to see them here in my home town again!  only 88 more sleeps! 
You and I also both like BEdge so I imagine I will see you lots in the Bono/Edge/BEdge threads.  Glad you are making yourself cozy here!

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 09:48:36 AM »
Morning Teresa!

I was 11 in 1984 when I first heard the record Unforgettable Fire and the song Bad got me through a sad time and it was in 1992 I finally got to see them live.  We bought tickets in the bleeds and travelled 18 hours on a greyhound through the Rockies from Edmonton to Vancouver to see the ZooTV tour and yes, even though we were in the bleeds, my first concert makes me so nostalgic.  It was so amazing how they took that giant venue and made me feel like it was super intimate.  I still live in Edmonton and I am so excited to get to see them here in my home town again!  only 88 more sleeps! 
You and I also both like BEdge so I imagine I will see you lots in the Bono/Edge/BEdge threads.  Glad you are making yourself cozy here!

Morning yourself! :) - well, in London is afternoon heheh ;)

wow: I love adecdotes, and actually, The Unforgettable Fire is probably (can't ever really put a full stop to that) my favourite album: melodies are so inspiring, and the lyrics are true, pure, BONGOLESE :) personal favourites of the album are Bad (also, live is just *WOW*), A Sort of Homecoming, Elvis Presley and America... and ok, I'll stop or list them all :)

OOH I love "live-missions" and yours sounds just brilliant: 18hours of bus! Defo very very tiring, but I always thought that the whole "long hours of travelling, endless waiting, umbearable weather conditions" etc, adds to the whole emotional response... :) it makes the whole concert-experience longer and you taste every bit of it; and once it's over, you can't wait to be in that never-ending queue again :)

88 for you, and in your Hometown! What a gift!
I'm at minus-72.... and I love the adrenaline of the waiting! :)

@LoveSupreme: thank you! :)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 10:49:16 AM »
Thanks for the nice welcome :) I can't wait to get going around here!

@U2-OAP: cool that we became fans pretty much at the same time! I do remember falling in love with Beautiful Day, and buying ATYCLB: my first U2 album, good times! :)

Beautiful Day made me a U2 fan, and it even changed the type of person I am.  Its my all time favorite and I'm confident it will never be anything but my #1.  Those were Great times :D

Offline VoodooDolly

• Refugee
  • Scream without raising your voice...
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »
Welcome, Teresa!

Beautiful avi and I've also been a fan since I was 12, I'm just a year younger than you are :)

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »

@dudette and U28: thanks! glad you like the avi! yep, I draw it :) it's not an ongoing thing, but when I'm inspired I really enjoy drawing :) ie: Bono = VERY inspiring ;)

look forward to seeing you around in the various threads!

It's amazing! I wish I could draw.