Author Topic: Bono named "Worst Investor Ever" by Wall Street  (Read 15806 times)

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
Re: Bono named "Worst Investor Ever" by Wall Street
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
could've sworn I read that EP's share of Facebook was 4%...  ???

Even better for the B-Man.

Right. Four percent of a ton of money is still a lot of money!

Saw Spider-Man for the second time last weekend. Happy to see a packed house and standing ovation. The revisions were spot-on IMHO.

Was Reeve on leave? I had read that he was for a few months this winter. I'm planning on seeing it soon. I just got the soundtrack today.
No, he was in it. I thought he was much stronger in it than last year too.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
could've sworn I read that EP's share of Facebook was 4%...  ???

Even better for the B-Man.

Right. Four percent of a ton of money is still a lot of money!

Saw Spider-Man for the second time last weekend. Happy to see a packed house and standing ovation. The revisions were spot-on IMHO.

Was Reeve on leave? I had read that he was for a few months this winter. I'm planning on seeing it soon. I just got the soundtrack today.
No, he was in it. I thought he was much stronger in it than last year too.

Yes! Thanks so much! :)

Offline KitCat

• Precious Stone
  • looking for a way up
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2012, 02:08:26 AM »
Hey, after making all the  money on Facebook and Spiderman, maybe they will lower the ticket prices for the next tour! Sadly, I do not think this will happen.  How did they get all of the money anyways. 

Don't get me wrong- they deserve to be extremely rich- they have brought us all a lot of joy, happiness and drive in life.  But, $250 tickets in the stands in giant stadiums is a bit much; even though it is supply and demand. And, they say they are losing money on the tour.  So, I guess we'll just pay what they ask again next time with a smile on our faces.

Their prices were already lower than most, at least for non Red Zone tickets. And, they put on the best show regardless of how we nitpick.

True, I paid much more to see the Foo Fighters and they're not even in my top 5 bands. I also paid almost as much to see Elbow and Grinderman (though they are in my top 5). I paid more to see the Eagles and I've paid more to see Tim Minchin and the WASO next week and Icehouse the week after (and they're festival tickets *bleh*). So all in all I don't think 360 was bad value, you get the spectacle of the Claw and the music of U2 to go with it. After all, you could have easily just paid $39 and still got to see 360, you can't whinge about U2 ticket prices when you have that option, you buy what you can afford.

On topic though, I'm not sure facebook won't fall on its ar*e, so hopefully the B-man is careful!

Offline sw

• Running to Stand Still
  • At the home office it's always March 2010.
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »
Hey, after making all the  money on Facebook and Spiderman, maybe they will lower the ticket prices for the next tour! Sadly, I do not think this will happen.  How did they get all of the money anyways. 

Don't get me wrong- they deserve to be extremely rich- they have brought us all a lot of joy, happiness and drive in life.  But, $250 tickets in the stands in giant stadiums is a bit much; even though it is supply and demand. And, they say they are losing money on the tour.  So, I guess we'll just pay what they ask again next time with a smile on our faces.

Their prices were already lower than most, at least for non Red Zone tickets. And, they put on the best show regardless of how we nitpick.

True, I paid much more to see the Foo Fighters and they're not even in my top 5 bands. I also paid almost as much to see Elbow and Grinderman (though they are in my top 5). I paid more to see the Eagles and I've paid more to see Tim Minchin and the WASO next week and Icehouse the week after (and they're festival tickets *bleh*). So all in all I don't think 360 was bad value, you get the spectacle of the Claw and the music of U2 to go with it. After all, you could have easily just paid $39 and still got to see 360, you can't whinge about U2 ticket prices when you have that option, you buy what you can afford.

On topic though, I'm not sure facebook won't fall on its ar*e, so hopefully the B-man is careful!

If Facebook made some streamlined improvements, it would be so much better.
I also think they made a mistake saying it will "always" be free. I'd have paid a few bucks a month to have a better interface, fewer bugs, better response to issues and a bit more privacy vis-a-vis what Facebook can know about me. I also think, for business pages--it's kind of crazy that a U2 or a Zappos can essentially have free PR via its Facebook at no cost except labor cost for the person running the page.

I remember having some doubts about how amazon.com could be worth so much since it didn't "have" anything. And today we completely accept that the company is worth something.