Author Topic: Best spot to stand in GA for 360 Tour?  (Read 5368 times)

Offline smyth260

• Babyface
Best spot to stand in GA for 360 Tour?
« on: April 07, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
Hello fans! I asked this question on u2.com as well but didn't get much of a majority response. Me and my friend attending only one U2 concert in Edmonton this summer, and we made sure we got GA tickets. My question is where is the best spot for the best experience? Where was your best experience? We can't camp in line unfortunately, but we can arrive at the line at 5AM the day of

We could do front row inner circle...would 5AM be early enough (Edmonton on a work day?). This is what I've had in mind all this time, but lot of people said you aren't that close to the band (I want them right in my face), you always have to look up, and don't get the light/video screen show. Apparently you get bumped a lot and cannot move or dance!

We could do back rail inner circle. You get the video screen  and light show and are really close to the band when they do go out on the catwalk. However they always face the other way don't they! But I remember them spending the majority of their time in Vancouver on the main stage.

We could also do the front row on the outside of the catwalk. THis seems the least tempting to me, but some reccommend it. Watching the videos of all the views on some website, it looks so far away from the main stage.

Where was your best experience and why? Thanks guys!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: Best spot to stand in GA for 360 Tour?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »
Front of outer circle/back of inner circle.

Front rail is overrated.

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 08:22:59 PM »
How tall are you?

I am 5'1", so being in the inner circle = severe neck strain.  On the catwalk rail, though, you get an unobstructed view of the band.  This past fall in Charlottesville Adam's bridge stopped *directly* in front of me, and the band spent a significant amount of time on the catwalk.  Plus I did not have to turn around when they came out that way - they were right in front of me!  I did not think that I missed a thing.  And I had something to lean on, which is a big plus after all that time in line.

But if you are taller then you might want to go for the outer rail of the inner circle.  And you will get in - people were queueing at 5 pm and still getting spots.  Good luck!  :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:29:23 PM »
Wow efdeat, did you get any pics of your spots, I'd love to see how close you were.
Some of the footage on utube of the shows are amazing....lucky you!!!!

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 09:10:39 PM »
I have some pictures I took from the front of the outer rail in Vegas over here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smyth260

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »
How tall are you?

I am 5'1", so being in the inner circle = severe neck strain.  On the catwalk rail, though, you get an unobstructed view of the band.  This past fall in Charlottesville Adam's bridge stopped *directly* in front of me, and the band spent a significant amount of time on the catwalk.  Plus I did not have to turn around when they came out that way - they were right in front of me!  I did not think that I missed a thing.  And I had something to lean on, which is a big plus after all that time in line.

But if you are taller then you might want to go for the outer rail of the inner circle.  And you will get in - people were queueing at 5 pm and still getting spots.  Good luck!  :)

I am just under 5 foot 9. Smaller than the average man.

Offline smyth260

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:21:38 PM »
I have some pictures I took from the front of the outer rail in Vegas over here:

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Those are some great pictures. It certainly makes me rethink that spot. It seemed like they were in front of you every song! The one problem I have is that the main stage is too far away in that spot. It seemed like they used the catwalks way more in Vancouver. But man that is right in front of your face that I want. Where does bono touch hands and pull up people and stuff? Is that the front rail outside of the elipse where you were?

PS: Hilarious captions!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:23:19 PM by smyth260 »

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »
Actually I was at the back of the inner circle for LA (by choice) and that was just as good, and about 4m closer than the outer rail. You get a better overall view from a bit further back in my opinion, and the sound is much better.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 09:31:33 PM »
Oh my, brisco, nice pics!  I've only been to one show, and we were front row outer rail (catwalk).  I thought it was good because you could see the screen and some of the  effects, yet for part of the show, Edge was right in front of us.  They seemed to move around a lot at our show (Norman).  I did like leaning against the rail, too.  Oh, also, I believe you mean you're going to EDGEmonton. :)

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:29:36 PM »

Awesome!

Offline Rock N Roll Girl

• Numb
  • Too much is not enough...
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 10:33:39 PM »
How tall are you?

I am just under 5 foot 9. Smaller than the average man.

....and yet taller than Bono!  ;D

hurricane hugo

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 11:00:26 PM »
the best spot in any stadium show is right in front of the sound desk.

pretty much the best spot at any gig, actually.

#@!

Offline thetak111

• Stateless
  • The Future Needs A Big Kiss!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:00:55 PM »

Amazing photo man!

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 04:24:12 AM »
Front of outer circle/back of inner circle.

Front rail is overrated.

I agree 100%,
of the 4 GA gigs I attended in Europe last year, we got to the back centre of the inner circle twice, and it was a superb vantage point.
However, the place I really want to get to is outside the inner circle but at the centre point at or close to the rail. I'll be trying to get there for Seville & Coimbra.
You are looking straight on and see more easily whats going on,and theres no turning around which happens a lot when you are in the inner circle.

This is a show as well as a gig, and when you are at the very front, the show part cannot be fully appreciated, when hanging back a little you can get a better appreciation for the show.

Thats a great shot by the way !

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 05:38:11 AM »
Briscoe, I'm thinking not only were you in the best spot in Vegas, but you also must have a great eye and a pretty good camera.  I could have stood in the exact same place and I most likely would have taken crap pics.  But pics or not, the outer rail is a great spot.