Author Topic: Best spot to stand in GA for 360 Tour?  (Read 5366 times)

mariamontreal

Re: Best spot to stand in GA for 360 Tour?
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 11:46:12 AM »
Does RZ1 and VIP package give you access to the outer rails and inner circle . I hope so those are my tickets night 1& 2 in Montreal , that is why I anxiously waited to for the presale for those tickets and paid the high end prices .If I get there by 2:oo will I have a good chance to be up front ? Thank you.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
If you're there by 2 for RZ you could be first in line, giving you the choice of spots along the outer rail in your Red Zone. I have no idea about VIP, but I suspect that the regular GA crowd gets in before you will both nights, making a run for the outer rail difficult. Inner circle doesn't fill for hours, but you probably won't get on a rail. Never know, though. Wear running shoes!

I was RZ for Chicago 2 and got in line around 4. Got rail in RZ and had the time of my life. Nearby porta potty, private concessions and no pushing made for a wonderful night. Oh, and Adam played to us all night long, with several 'visits' by Edge and Bono. Larry played nearby once too.

Good luck, and most of all HAVE FUN!

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:44 PM »
Seriously you pay all that coin for red zone and still want to line up?

At 2pm?

Each to their own I guess but really, if you're gunna line up, get there at 2 with a GA at 20% of the cost and get a better spot than the RZ inside or outside the circle at the top.

All that for your own toilets sounds a bit... uhm... expensive.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 09:50:21 PM »
Briscoe,
I loved my Red Zone experience. The night before I'd done GA, and waited 2 hours longer in line than for Red Zone. Never got a decent view of the band the whole night. RedZone meant I had rail, food within easy reach, nice people to hang out with and a view that couldn't be beat, IMHO.
This year I am trying again with GA but one of my goal spots is behind Red Zone!
I'm older than dirt the band and standing is very hard on me, but I dearly want to be as close as possible without living in line for days. Red Zone is amazing, really! A major factor was the fact that a substantial portion of my ticket price went to Africa.
If I could have afforded Red Zone again, I would have.

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 10:33:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Briscoe,
I loved my Red Zone experience. The night before I'd done GA, and waited 2 hours longer in line than for Red Zone. Never got a decent view of the band the whole night. RedZone meant I had rail, food within easy reach, nice people to hang out with and a view that couldn't be beat, IMHO.
This year I am trying again with GA but one of my goal spots is behind Red Zone!
I'm older than dirt the band and standing is very hard on me, but I dearly want to be as close as possible without living in line for days. Red Zone is amazing, really! A major factor was the fact that a substantial portion of my ticket price went to Africa.
If I could have afforded Red Zone again, I would have.

Nah, jolly good.

I can completely understand the red zone experience if people want to rock up at 6pm and get a good spot.

But I don't see the point of getting redzone and then lining up from 2pm anyway... Kinda defeats the purpose of redzone for mine.

Glad it all works out well for you. I'd not spend it personally, but then I'm 6-1 and can stand for lengthy periods without issue. So perhaps that's another factor.

mariamontreal

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 06:37:37 AM »
You must understand I have never had RZ tickets before and I really do not know the protical, so from what I am hearing is that RZ has it's own seperate entrance and I could get there by 4:00 and still have a great spot by the inner and outer rail.Is that correct? The VIP tickets as was stated in a previous post also gives me access to to the outer and inner rails , right ? And I feel good knowing that proceeds of my hard earned cash is going to Africa. It's all good !

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
4pm would be fine, I agree with Briscoe, 2pm sounds a bit excessive. Just chill for an hour in line, get to know others around you, then you'll be heading in. You'll get a rail in the RZ no problems.

Rememer that normal GA goes in earlier than RZ, so you're very unlikey to get a rail in the inner circle, no matter what time you line up for RZ. Maybe 4-5 off front rail, or a couple off back rail.

The outer rail of GA is not accessable for RZ, & you wouldn't want to try for it anyway. It's a great spot, but it'll be a sea of people by the time you head in.

Personally I'd stick to the RZ. Enjoy having a rail by the catwalk, the extra room, the easy access to bathrooms & concession stands, & all this without having to wait in line all day.

The VIP pass will give you access to the field, though places by the rails are likely to be taken (again GA has 1st access).

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 11:27:54 PM »
Hi Maria, hope this diagram helps you visualise the whole 'entering the stadium, & where to go' thing.

By the time you enter the stadium the GA crowd will already be streaming into the stadium from the back of GA (green area). Some will be taking up places on the Outer Rail (Z), while others will be passing through the gates (X), heading round behind the CLAW (blue line) & into the inner circle (yellow area).

Note that RZ access will vary for each stadium, this diagram describes what happened at Phoenix. RZ'ers were lead into the stadium though a seperate enterance at one of the side gates. From there they made their way down to field level (red line), & into the Red Zone (red areas). I'd advise moving along the rail as far as you can towards the front of the stage, for a more front-on view (A). The other option, once at field level, is to follow the stream of GA'ers (blue line) into the inner circle, where you can try for a spot on the back rail (B), or try to get close to the front rail (C), maybe 4-5 deep already.

As you can see you won't want to try to get to the outer rail (Z) with your RZ access. I'll be crowded already, & there will be people streaming though the gates (X), making it impossible to get past anyway.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope this helps

Offline pilgrimtogo

• Numb
  • ALL THE SECRETS, NO ONE TO TELL
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 02:42:03 AM »
I would say right next to the drumkit!

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 05:30:56 AM »

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope this helps

;D Oh that's cool! Thanks!

Offline briscoetheque

• R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 06:24:51 AM »
The floor sections were not coloured at the shows I went to. No wonder there was mass confusion.

German efficiency.

Offline emuhunter

• Refugee
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 10:14:11 AM »
The floor sections were not coloured at the shows I went to. No wonder there was mass confusion.

German efficiency.

Haha! Me either... I'm going to Salt Lake (just bought tickets 5 minutes ago!!), hopefully they'll do it  ;)

mariamontreal

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 11:25:01 AM »
Thank you so so much d.darroch for that beautiful outline , I will definetly take your advice . Now I have a better idea as to where I will be and what spot I want . You have helped me big time . As you mentioned it also depends on the how it is set up .
So grateful, it's going to be amazing . Finally I will get my chance to  perhaps  make some eye contact with them , or even better maybe meet them? ( only in my dreams).

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 07:18:33 PM »
Behind me.   ;D

(Well, I *am* short!  Just watch out for the hat brim.  Invade my space at your own risk.)

u2kennesaw,ga

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 04:26:51 PM »
I have a question........hopefully ill get an answer.

If I have a choice of front rail or the back of the circle which should I use...Im betting ill have this choice since ill be arriving at 6 am  :D