Author Topic: No new U2 album in June  (Read 21925 times)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: No new U2 album in June
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
but they come out with war in 83 and unforgettable fire in 84 and thats better material than the 4 years spent on this last disaster

Lol whut?

Offline TheFlyLives

• Refugee
  • From the firefly, the red orange glow
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 03:19:46 AM »
Bono & Co. will probably just try and milk everything they can out of Spider-Man later this year and disappear again until 2012 or 2013 with a few compilations or remasters in-between. I know we love U2, but at the end of the day they are a corporate entity, I doubt they'll just release SOA out of the goodness of their hearts or devotion to the fans.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2010, 03:53:39 AM »
Bono & Co. will probably just try and milk everything they can out of Spider-Man later this year and disappear again until 2012 or 2013 with a few compilations or remasters in-between. I know we love U2, but at the end of the day they are a corporate entity, I doubt they'll just release SOA out of the goodness of their hearts or devotion to the fans.

You bitter eh?

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2010, 04:25:52 AM »
Maybe it will be like the recording of Zooropa and they'll fly home after the European shows to finish it off.  We can still dream.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 04:41:02 AM »

You bitter eh?

Honestly though, he's probably right.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 04:48:15 AM »

You bitter eh?

You can think that but I'm still with my belief that U2 aren't money grabbing rockstars that many perceive them to be.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2010, 04:57:54 AM »

You bitter eh?

You can think that but I'm still with my belief that U2 aren't money grabbing rockstars that many perceive them to be.

Would they even be able to spend all of the money they've earned so far?  They aren't in this only for the $$$.

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59:29 AM »

You bitter eh?

It's not that I see them as money grabbers; but I think something's wrong with their PR. There always seems to be a promise of a new album coming soon, and it doesn't work out that way. I love the band as much as anyone, but I think that they (inc McGuiness) need to learn to keep a lid on things until they've made a decision.

Offline TheFlyingLemon

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2010, 05:03:31 AM »
It's hard for someone like Bono, who's undoubtedly excited about any sniff of new material that could possibly lead into another album, he just cannot contain his excitement and feels the need to tell the whole world about it. It's just his personality.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 11:21:12 AM »
This, this & This.
Not trying to sound witchy but I dont know why some fans dont understand this concept. 
All artists/bands are business enterprises/corporations today. Thats just how it is, whether we like it or not. If they sucked & couldnt sell records & tours the label would drop them like a bad habit. They need to make money to keep their career going (and keep making $$ for the label & everyone else involved). They do this so they can keep making music. Its alot of hard work. If they didnt love making music it'd be a big hassle & they'd have retired by now.

Would they even be able to spend all of the money they've earned so far?  They aren't in this only for the $$$.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 11:23:16 AM by LoveSupreme »

Offline hbarakat

• Wanderer
  • Smell the flowers while you can
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2010, 01:31:51 PM »
My take on it is that they wanted something in June so that they can have new material to play on the second leg because the NOTH material is not getting the reception that they were hoping for in concerts.   Without that it becomes a greatest hit tour.  But it seems that they couldn't pull it off and now hoping to have it done in time for a 3rd leg and Christmas season.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »

You bitter eh?

Offline ~Ultra*U2*Love~

• Numb
  • Blessings not just for the ones who kneel, luckily
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2010, 03:50:42 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but is this all new material they're planning to release?  It seems quick, being that since the mid 90's they've released a new album only every 3-4 years apart.  I hope they don't rush it, I'd rather wait 3 more years for a rock solid amazing album then settle for something less and have it sooner.  Plus, don't we all have enough U2 material to keep us busy in the meantime?   :D

Offline ayajedi

• Child of Grace
  • Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:36 PM »
why am I not surprised? ::)

Offline Aqua

• Acrobat
  • adam for trlica 8^)
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2010, 07:49:54 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but is this all new material they're planning to release?  It seems quick, being that since the mid 90's they've released a new album only every 3-4 years apart.  I hope they don't rush it, I'd rather wait 3 more years for a rock solid amazing album then settle for something less and have it sooner.  Plus, don't we all have enough U2 material to keep us busy in the meantime?   :D
but that's just the thing. many of us are of the opinion that an album made of material they  haven't sat on and tweaked for years might just be a little more exciting. think Zooropa. that was the idea-- to capture a period of inspiration, and make something out of it. whatever inpsired moments there are in the material U2 have at the moment will be changed and changed again-- leading to a tired sounding album. now I love nloth, very much, but imo it could have been better. the idea for it was a lot more daring than the product. I guess U2 planned to release the safe side of the fez sessions on nloth, have that sell well, then do something really extraordinary with a quick follow up.
that didn't work out.