Poll

Bad or Where The Streets Have No Name?

Bad
25 (45.5%)
Where The Streets Have No Name
30 (54.5%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Which Song Do You Like More - Part III  (Read 4464 times)

An Cat Dubh

Which Song Do You Like More - Part III
« on: April 15, 2010, 12:52:18 PM »
Should be interesting.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Which Song Do You Like More - Part III
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 12:53:53 PM »
About the same.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:55:06 PM »
Yeah, tough one eh. I went for Bad.

I guess I should have stressed live or album version. As they are both stunning live folks, lets go with album versions only in this poll.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, tough one eh. I went for Bad.

I guess I should have stressed live or album version. As they are both stunning live folks, lets go with album versions only in this poll.

About the same.

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • U2: Soul Rocking People
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 01:08:56 PM »
Love Streets but had to go for Bad almost without hesitation..... Bad has that unique intensity.
I prefer it live, as it just becomes magical, but even album version (as you requested for the poll) well, for me it wins :)

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:32 PM »
Yeah, I did this poll between Bad and Street's because I know how popular Street's is and I wanted to see how it stands up against Bad.

Until The End Of The World is my favorite song, but it has just been used in a couple of polls. Tubling Dice has just started a favorite song thread, so I got my chance to drool over it  :P

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 01:21:16 PM »
Until The End Of The World... love that one too.
I can't say I have ONE single favourite... everytime I try and ultimately choose a single song, I end up with a list of several... XD

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 01:21:52 PM »
Yeah, I did this poll between Bad and Street's because I know how popular Street's is and I wanted to see how it stands up against Bad.

Until The End Of The World is my favorite song, but it has just been used in a couple of polls. Tubling Dice has just started a favorite song thread, so I got my chance to drool over it  :P

It's too relative a question. If we're talking LP versions (which we are), then Streets. If we're talking live, then which era? I don't think Bono has sung Bad very well since ZooTV. But if we're talking best live performance of each song, then it's Bad at Live Aid, hands down.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 01:24:25 PM »
The thing about Streets and Bad is that I like both in equal measure but I don't really have an hard-on for either, if you know what I mean.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
The thing about Streets and Bad is that I like both in equal measure but I don't really have an hard-on for either, if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, yes, you were very clear.

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 01:28:41 PM »

It's too relative a question. If we're talking LP versions (which we are), then Streets. If we're talking live, then which era? I don't think Bono has sung Bad very well since ZooTV. But if we're talking best live performance of each song, then it's Bad at Live Aid, hands down.

Agreed, thats why I went with the album versions, as I agree with you on the performances of Bad live (I also think Streets is not as good live now as it was - the last great versions of that for me were on the Elevation Tour.)

As for bad Live - the versions I have of it on the bootlegs from the UF tour are just stunning, better than Live Aid in my opinion.

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »
I opened the thread and actually gasped when I saw the choices.  That is so not fair.  LOL!  Good one!!!

ugh...that was so hard to pick.  Album version Bad won in the end.  I actually had to go listen to them both.

I don't think I could pick between live versions of those songs though. 

Offline teresa_88

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »

Offline efdeat

• Elevated
  • It's your world. You can change it.
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
Dang, zoost.  Way to give a girl a heart attack. 

These are the two songs that convey the concept of heaven to me.  I have a saved-my-life relationship with Bad, and Streets is the song that keeps me going now. 

Had to go with Bad because of my history with it, plus the elation that comes with hearing those sequencers start at a live gig (yeah, I know the poll was about album versions).  You *know* U2 is going to play Streets, and you kind of psych yourself up for it.  But if you get Bad?  Well, words can't describe that feeling.   :)

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
Wow, great great question.

As much as I LOVE LOVE LOVE Bad, I have to give it to Streets.  Yes, hearing Bad live is heart stopping, but the fact that Streets is played EVERY NIGHT and still creates that soaring uplifting feeling every time puts it over the top.  So inspirational, so heavenly