Author Topic: Help? :D  (Read 1313 times)

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
Help? :D
« on: January 21, 2009, 02:01:38 PM »
Ok...so my ipod sucks and the battery life is basically like approximately 5 hours -_-. So i was wondering if anyone knew if there were still U2 ipods in stores....or where to get one.

Offline Rob of the leads york

• Wanderer
  • i'll light your way if you light mine!
Re: Help? :D
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »
i have no idea if they still make them (dont think so?) however they do crop up on ebay from time to time...im lucky for now...mines still holding its battery for 8 hours at a time! but yeh ebay would probably be best? sorry if im just being useless and obvios here!

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 03:32:17 PM »
Just replace the battery go here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login they should have what you need for your iPod. 

InThisHeartland

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 04:25:23 PM »
i went to ipodjuice.com and it was perfect. and no, they don make the U2 ipod anymore, but you can get them from ebay. thats what i did, but mine had a bad battery, so i went to the above website and now its fine!

Hawkmoon2e

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but make sure that whatever ipod you have, that you always download/rip your music for the ipod at 120kbps. Ipods aren't made to handle bigger music files. Sure they can play them, but when the file is bigger than 120 kbps, the entire song won't fit on the ipod's memory, so it has to keep going back to the hard drive to retreive the song. And that wears big time on your battery. I always download or rip my music at the highest quality, but when it's going on the ipod, then I dial it down to 120 kbps, and you can do this in your itunes settings.

Offline Curlin

• Babyface
  • Can music save your mortal soul?
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 10:00:19 PM »
Wow, this is great info about the replacement batteries for the U2 iPod. Thanks, guys! I got mine for Christmas when it was about a year old already, and the battery was always a piece of crap. It was my first iPod, so I didn't realize it was supposed to actually last longer than 5 hours... I will definitely go purchase a replacement battery now.

Offline Evil Bono

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 03:03:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but make sure that whatever ipod you have, that you always download/rip your music for the ipod at 120kbps. Ipods aren't made to handle bigger music files. Sure they can play them, but when the file is bigger than 120 kbps, the entire song won't fit on the ipod's memory, so it has to keep going back to the hard drive to retreive the song. And that wears big time on your battery. I always download or rip my music at the highest quality, but when it's going on the ipod, then I dial it down to 120 kbps, and you can do this in your itunes settings.

OH wow I didn't know that I'll have to check that out, thanks!