Author Topic: 2 sides of the Horizon  (Read 1027 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
2 sides of the Horizon
« on: January 21, 2009, 03:32:56 PM »
I've been using this forum for a while and the past few days have totally amazed me in terms of the passion or challenging words that have been used around the first hearing of 'Boots'. I have to say most of the energy and words have been negative and a lot of the threads have disintegrated (in my opinion) to U2 snobbery led slagging (might even be guilty of it myself!)

Just wondered what everyone else's thoughts were on it or are we just experiencing U2 democracy in action?

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: 2 sides of the Horizon
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 03:46:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've been using this forum for a while and the past few days have totally amazed me in terms of the passion or challenging words that have been used around the first hearing of 'Boots'. I have to say most of the energy and words have been negative and a lot of the threads have disintegrated (in my opinion) to U2 snobbery led slagging (might even be guilty of it myself!)

Just wondered what everyone else's thoughts were on it or are we just experiencing U2 democracy in action?

I'm not sure if i'm fully understanding you (Am Spanish, so don't ask me for more :) ) but I think that if most people voiced their negativity towards "Boots" is because they don't got... say hooked up or connected with it... u2 always seemd to playa good card on their first single, so that this didn't happen now looks strange and feels strange... We all want the band to last as long as they can at the highest level possible withour looking crap like the Stones...

SO this time it all looks bleak and a bit of a pastiche, bearing in mind the band's CV...