Author Topic: Bono, for the love of God, lose the glasses.  (Read 14622 times)

Offline thehype88

• Stateless
  • A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
Bono, for the love of God, lose the glasses.
« on: May 03, 2010, 12:51:54 PM »
there comes a point where enough is enough. he has a good looking Irish mug (and Im a guy saying this). there is no need to hide it behind a technicolor optic wall of insecurity. Unless the guy has a vision problem, its time to call it quits with the glasses. the same thing with Edge's hat, it's blatantly obvious that he is covering the fact that he's bald. Bruce Willis is bald and he looks like a badass. 

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
Re: Bono, for the love of God, lose the glasses.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 01:01:35 PM »
Bono wears the shades for several reasons. He is susceptible to allergies and uses them to hide red eyes. He is also photo sensitive and the flash of cameras make his right eye swell unless it is protected from the flash by his glasses. And yes, he also wears them ti give himself a bit of protection from the world. We may not get to see his beautiful baby blues enough, but those glasses are probably one of the reasons he is able to bear his heart and soul so easily.

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
Bono's shades and Edge's hat have become symbols, synonomous with who they are, they can't and wont go anywhere.  And plus, Bono's shades are so sexy :D

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono's shades are so sexy :D

Yup.  :)

I think he looks....not like Bono without them. Maybe it's the short hair combination or something, but I'm not too fond of his non-glasses look. And he kinda needs them for his allergies/eye condition. But, I do like seeing the baby blues every now and then  :)

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 02:55:26 PM »
Bono's shades are so sexy :D

Yup.  :)

I think he looks....not like Bono without them. Maybe it's the short hair combination or something, but I'm not too fond of his non-glasses look. And he kinda needs them for his allergies/eye condition. But, I do like seeing the baby blues every now and then  :)

Agreed. It's fine when he takes them off occasionally.  ;D But really... it's... it's... BONO. Like- he can't just lose them. Like... like... the world would explode.

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:11:53 PM »
And plus, Bono's shades are so sexy :D

I respectfully disagree.  I don't mind the shades, but I do wish he'd take them off more often.  IMHO, he looks sexier sans glasses.  What was it The Fly said...."never trust a man in shades"?

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 06:47:23 PM »
ROFL! Dudette I love you! "The world would explode!" :D

Personally, I think he should go back to the ATYCLB-era clear goggles. I LOVE those <3

Offline JamietheEdgefan

• Child of Grace
  • Infinity's a great place to start!
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 08:32:13 PM »
I remember hearing somewhere that the 'eye condition' he has is completely made up, and not a real problem - i could see this being the case, with Bono just making an excuse to wear sunglasses, but the source i heard this from (some talk show a few years ago, cant remember any more) wasn't particularly trustworthy, so maybe he was telling the truth about the 'right eye swelling up' thing. Does anyone know anything about this condition he says he has?
If it is the case that he wears them for protection... i still wish he'd wear better ones. The ones he wore during pop were really cool - just simple, black, opaque, they made him look badass, like a real 'rock star', you know? I don't see why he wears the multi coloured ones that still show his eyes clearly - i think they've always looked silly, before he became known to wear them to the point of mockery.  :P

InThisHeartland

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 08:47:08 PM »
Yea I say black NOT SEE-THRU sunglasses or none at all. Bono looks better without. But Edge should keep his hat! not necessarily beanie.

virgin_prune

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 03:27:17 AM »
there comes a point where enough is enough. he has a good looking Irish mug (and Im a guy saying this). there is no need to hide it behind a technicolor optic wall of insecurity. Unless the guy has a vision problem, its time to call it quits with the glasses. the same thing with Edge's hat, it's blatantly obvious that he is covering the fact that he's bald. Bruce Willis is bald and he looks like a badass. 

I'm with you on this - either lose the glasses or wear some shades that are actually cool. The glasses are yet another reason people think bono is an idiot. Another key reason being that ridiculous 'v' sign he likes to use.

Offline dudette

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 04:25:36 AM »
I had NO IDEA there were so many U2 fans opposed to his glasses! I was of the general impression that everyone liked them... wow...

Offline DGordon1

• Elevated
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
I do find it a bit strange that Bono started wearing the glasses as his Fly character, and now he's continued to wear them ever since. Kinda makes me think that part of the reason he invented the Fly was cos he liked wearing shades :P

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 06:08:49 AM »
Its his thing.
I may get a pair of colored glasses this summer,
rose colored glasses. :D

Offline yellowhat

• Numb
  • Between the horses..........literally.
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 11:38:49 AM »
One thing I cant understand- why people always complain about Bs glasses and Es hat etc. Does the fact that they wear them and have been wearing them for years really change the way theyve been making music, or does it really go on peoples nerves so much that they really cant go on with their everyday lives knowing that there are two rockstars somewhere in the world with glasses and hat on. ??? Me, rambling? Naah.

Offline dferry09

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Gonna go where the bright lights and big city meet
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »
When Im listening to One or Acrobat I think these songs would be so much better if he took off the shades..................

give over.