Author Topic: Bono, for the love of God, lose the glasses.  (Read 14695 times)

An Cat Dubh

Re: Bono, for the love of God, lose the glasses.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 10:37:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
One thing I cant understand- why people always complain about Bs glasses and Es hat etc. Does the fact that they wear them and have been wearing them for years really change the way theyve been making music, or does it really go on peoples nerves so much that they really cant go on with their everyday lives knowing that there are two rockstars somewhere in the world with glasses and hat on. ??? Me, rambling? Naah.

it's like when you see someone wearing sweatpants in public. It doesn't effect you in any way, and that person may be nice, but something about it just doesn't sit right with you and you want to give them some helpful advice.

I wear sweat pants travelling to and from the gym. Thats in public, whats wrong with that?

virgin_prune

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
The old Bono from the 80's would cringe if he could could see himself in the present day!

Not sure about that - some of the 80's pics of bono are shocking.

For me, it's not that he wears shades, it's the style of them - plenty of rock stars wear shades all the time and look good.

bono wears those horrible Gucci things. The kind of thing rich women with no taste wear.

Shame really, his clothes are mostly cool but the shades are rank.

Offline thehype88

• Stateless
  • A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 12:36:59 PM »
One thing I cant understand- why people always complain about Bs glasses and Es hat etc. Does the fact that they wear them and have been wearing them for years really change the way theyve been making music, or does it really go on peoples nerves so much that they really cant go on with their everyday lives knowing that there are two rockstars somewhere in the world with glasses and hat on. ??? Me, rambling? Naah.

it's like when you see someone wearing sweatpants in public. It doesn't effect you in any way, and that person may be nice, but something about it just doesn't sit right with you and you want to give them some helpful advice.

I wear sweat pants travelling to and from the gym. Thats in public, whats wrong with that?

That's different, you are wearing them for what they were invented for. they are exercise clothes. I see people in them at church, at school, at a restaurant, and out shopping. They look like slobs.

Offline AltRockAddict

• Staring at the Sun
  • U2 has disappointed me. My entire collection 4sale
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2010, 08:14:50 PM »
I'm such a BonoGirl, he can wear whatever the feck he wants, or nothing at all, and I'd still love him to pieces xoxoxoxo

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2010, 09:03:28 PM »
I'm such a BonoGirl, he can wear whatever the feck he wants, or nothing at all, and I'd still love him to pieces xoxoxoxo

I'd prefer nothing at all.... ;) :D

Offline AltRockAddict

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

I'd prefer nothing at all.... ;) :D
Me tooo!  (Darn it, why can't I upload a picture?!!)

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »

Well, at almost 53, he has another reason -  they're probably prescription lenses.

Offline AltRockAddict

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 09:48:00 AM »
True that!
 8)

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2013, 01:53:41 PM »
but I agree...he needs to lose the old rich lady frames .....

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »
The ones he had around the time of ATYCLB would be good for him now, since his eyes are apparently sensitive these days.

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2013, 04:28:15 PM »
I think it all comes down to bearing his heart and soul in his music and he sees it as a form of protection, a shield from the larger world. This started during recording of AB and has continued ever since. He probably feels it brings the best out of him and allows him to express himself completely, so why change it. Without them he is naked and vulnerable.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »
there comes a point where enough is enough. he has a good looking Irish mug (and Im a guy saying this). there is no need to hide it behind a technicolor optic wall of insecurity. Unless the guy has a vision problem, its time to call it quits with the glasses. the same thing with Edge's hat, it's blatantly obvious that he is covering the fact that he's bald. Bruce Willis is bald and he looks like a badass. 

I'm with you on this - either lose the glasses or wear some shades that are actually cool. The glasses are yet another reason people think bono is an idiot. Another key reason being that ridiculous 'v' sign he likes to use.

1) Yes, Bruce Willis is badass. Bald Edge, however, is not (see the few 2003-ish pics of him without a hat). The beanie works for him.
2) Churchill got photographed with the V sign a lot, too.
3) Plenty celebs wear sunglasses. Big deal.

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2013, 11:05:08 AM »
with churchill it was v for victory.

There was a war on.....minor skirmish, WWII

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2013, 01:27:04 PM »

That's different, you are wearing them for what they were invented for. they are exercise clothes. I see people in them at church, at school, at a restaurant, and out shopping. They look like slobs.

I find that lazy and unsexy women wear them the most.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 08:14:25 PM »
I watched this 60 Minutes interview for the first time. It is from the ATYCLB era. To me Bono almost looks unrecognizable...is it the lack of shades, the look of his eyes or his hair? What do you all think?