Author Topic: U2 360 Super Deluxe Edition - RUMOURED CONTENT  (Read 21397 times)

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Re: U2 360 Super Deluxe Edition - RUMOURED CONTENT
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 12:32:37 PM »
Content officially confirmed right here....  8)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ive concert film of the U2360� At The Rose Bowl in 2009, U2's biggest ever US show, with a live audience in excess of 97,000. Shot entirely in HD, the concert was filmed with 27 cameras and directed by Tom Krueger who previously worked on U23D, the first live action 3D concert movie taken from U2's Vertigo Tour.

Release Date: June 3rd, 2010

Featuring the live concert (tracklisting below) plus:
- 32 page hardback book
- Limited edition 2-disc DVD of U2360� At The Rose Bowl plus 2 hours of bonus material;
- 1 blue-ray of U2360� At The Rose Bowl plus 2 hours of bonus material
- 1 vinyl 7inch
- 3 U2360� guitar picks
- Tour Programme
- Limited edition numbered drawing of final stage design
- 5 art prints in an embossed wallet

- Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360 Documentary
- U2360� Tour Clips
- Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)
- Berlin Timelapse Video

Videos:

- Get On Your Boots
- Magnificent
- I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)
- I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)
- The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video
- The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

Tracklisting:

1. Get On Your Boots
2. Magnificent
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Beautiful Day
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6. Stuck In A Moment You Can'tGet Out Of
7. No Line On The Horizon
8. Elevation
9. In A Little While
10. Unknown Caller
11. Until the End of the World
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. City of Blinding Lights
14. Vertigo
15. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
16. Sunday Bloody Sunday
17. MLK
18. Walk On
19. One
20. Where The Streets Have No Name
21. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
22. With Or Without You
23. Moment Of Surrender

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »
Finally u2.com have confirmed the exact content on the Super Delux Edition. Why is u2.com the last to give us the details, most of which are "well out there" before the official information is released. It was the same with the Unforgettable Fire Remaster last year.

On the positive, this is a really fantastic box set for those willing to pay for it. For those who can't be bothered or can't afford it, there are other options. So we all have choices.

There are only 3 discs in the photo, so I don't know where "Disk 4" is coming from. The 2 DVD's are probably the same as the " DVD set, plus 1 Blu Ray which is identical to the standard blu ray disc.

We still don't know whats on that 7inch vinyl, but I assume it's a live track or two from the tour.

One valid question might be, is it worth it ?

Well you get the U2 360  tour programme, and a special harback 32 page tour book, guitar picks, and a limited edition 7 inch vinyl, plus 1 blu ray and 2 dvd's, 1 lim. ed. claw drawing, and 5 art prints. The answer is probably not ! but then financial logic often does not come into it, many fans will find it hard to pass this up.

Offline myersfan73

• Babyface
  • We Win, We Loose, It's Perfect!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 12:47:14 PM »
Finally u2.com have confirmed the exact content on the Super Delux Edition. Why is u2.com the last to give us the details, most of which are "well out there" before the official information is released. It was the same with the Unforgettable Fire Remaster last year.

On the positive, this is a really fantastic box set for those willing to pay for it. For those who can't be bothered or can't afford it, there are other options. So we all have choices.

There are only 3 discs in the photo, so I don't know where "Disk 4" is coming from. The 2 DVD's are probably the same as the " DVD set, plus 1 Blu Ray which is identical to the standard blu ray disc.

We still don't know whats on that 7inch vinyl, but I assume it's a live track or two from the tour.

One valid question might be, is it worth it ?

Well you get the U2 360  tour programme, and a special harback 32 page tour book, guitar picks, and a limited edition 7 inch vinyl, plus 1 blu ray and 2 dvd's, 1 lim. ed. claw drawing, and 5 art prints. The answer is probably not ! but then financial logic often does not come into it, many fans will find it hard to pass this up.

This was my answer to the same question over at u2.com:

If you consider that the 2 Disc Deluxe DVD has a RRP of 34.99 & the Blu-ray 36.99, the price for the Super Deluxe Box set is actually pretty good for all the extra stuff you get.

Even at discounted online prices for the DVD & Blu-ray, your still going to pay 33 just for the discs. So really if you can afford to splash out for the box set you get a lot for your money.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 12:51:39 PM by myersfan73 »

Offline Northern Soul

• Desert Rose
  • I'm not coming down...
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 12:48:13 PM »
not happening.

So......what's not happening again?

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 12:48:17 PM »
...many fans will find it hard to pass this up.

My hand is up :)

And yes, you are so correct, Falling!  Hate how they can never be the first to confirm content on releases.  Even if it was the same day, maybe it leaked.  But this has been a week now!

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
I just want the guitar picks!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 03:14:33 PM »
Wow. Kinda ridiculous, lol. Yea i'll get the BD for sure, i dunno if the extra bonus content exclusive to the Super Deluxe is worth it, i'll have to think it over. I've never been one of the collectible stuff, so that's not an issue. Am i misreading it or does the Super Deluxe DVD not have more content then the BD?

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
I just want the guitar picks!

LOL!  They're not that exciting, probably the same ones Dallas threw a ton of out at all the shows last year...

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »
Wow. Kinda ridiculous, lol. Yea i'll get the BD for sure, i dunno if the extra bonus content exclusive to the Super Deluxe is worth it, i'll have to think it over. I've never been one of the collectible stuff, so that's not an issue. Am i misreading it or does the Super Deluxe DVD not have more content then the BD?

First off, I was lucky and got in early and got the Super delux at half price, as amazon.de (thanks u2boy for the tip!) had it onsale at 42 Euro, now it's over double that.

Regarding extra content, i think you might be misreading and too be honest it's unclear, but my reading is that the video content is identical on the Super Delux to the Double DVD edition, or the Blu Ray edition.

The initial annoucement confirms the extra content for the Blu Ray and the Double DVD editions, and to me it  looks identical:

The 2 hours of bonus features is confirmed as:
Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360 Documentary
U2360 Tour Clips
Bonus Track 'Breathe' (Live At The Rose Bowl)
Berlin Timelapse Video
Videos:
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Animated)
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live At Barcelona)
The Making Of 'Get On Your Boots' Video
The Making Of 'Magnificent' Video

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »
If kingdoms on the 7" then there's no SOA

Offline Trash Trampoline

• Wanderer
  • I'm a piece of glass left there on the beach
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 05:44:08 PM »
Yeah!  Thanks Falling for the amazon.de tip off as I too got my great price for best super deluxe box set deal of its type I have ever seen given the expansive content on offer....and for the world beating price of 42 euro ! Wow !!

And, yes there is nothing like getting a real Edge guitar pick like one Dallas threw at me in Berlin ! But that one's framed so I might use these 3 picks here !!

Offline George

• Stateless
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; Now it's time to rhyme!
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2010, 01:43:23 AM »
Amazon.de have spotted the pricing error, and have revised the price upwards, by 49 Euro to 91 Euro plus delivery.

Has anyone who pre-ordered from Amazon.de heard from them regarding cancellation of orders?  I haven't, and I hope they don't, but I wouldn't be suprised if they do cancel all the mis-priced orders.

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2010, 02:55:18 AM »
Once an order goes in online, they can't cancel it on the basis of a price error.
Only on the basis of unavailability, like an item that cannot be sourced.

Not to get too lawyerish but it's an offer for sale, we saw it, and accepted it.

There have been a few very limited cases where the price offered online in error, was so obviously an error, like for example a new car for 50 Euro.
In these particular cases, the orders were allowed to be cancelled.
However, in this case it is quite conceivable that the boxset be offered for 42 Euro.

Don't worry, they can't cancel it !

I preordered the NLOTH boxset on Amazon.co.uk, for less than half the price of the normal Price, and there were no problems.
They had the wrong price for over a week. whereas the German Amazon corrected the price error in a few hours.
It seems, it pays to keep an eye on Amazon for pre-order items !

Offline myersfan73

• Babyface
  • We Win, We Loose, It's Perfect!
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2010, 05:35:04 AM »
An online company such as amazon can cancel an order on the basis of content change. In this circumstance they must change the items product order code. If they do not change the order code they are breaking there price promise. In the past when amazon have cocked up on pre-order prices, they have always honored them for me. 

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »
I think it's an interesting set. I like the idea of getting both the DVD and Blu-Ray in the same set as well as all the bonus material. I'm definitely going to look into this one.