Author Topic: U2 360 Super Deluxe Edition - RUMOURED CONTENT  (Read 21289 times)

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
Re: U2 360 Super Deluxe Edition - RUMOURED CONTENT
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
Looks great ! I've already pre-ordered mine  ;D
you can now see it on both Amazon and U2.com .

Offline tucka

• Babyface
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »
just had an email from u2.com saying that my order has been cancelled due to change in content and pricing but i'm pretty sure that for a few days when this was first announced it has the content up on the site and it was exactly the same?

Offline u2boy_nl

• Babyface
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 01:12:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just had an email from u2.com saying that my order has been cancelled due to change in content and pricing but i'm pretty sure that for a few days when this was first announced it has the content up on the site and it was exactly the same?

The content may have been the same but i'm sure the pricing wasn't.  ;D

What was the price when you pre-ordered?

Offline tucka

• Babyface
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 04:38:17 AM »
$40. i ordered it there and then as i thought they weren't allowed to change the price for me once i had ordered it

Offline u2boy_nl

• Babyface
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 10:18:36 AM »
Great, amazon.de has canceled all orders too.

They've got a price guarantee, which promises you won't have to pay more.

Amazon.de behält sich das Recht vor, die Vorbesteller-Preisgarantie jederzeit und ohne vorherige Ankündigung ändern oder einstellen zu können, ohne dass dadurch eine Haftung seitens Amazon begründet wird.

But if they don't feel like owning up to their promise they won't have to.  ::)

Offline Trash Trampoline

• Wanderer
  • I'm a piece of glass left there on the beach
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2010, 11:55:44 AM »
Amazon.de cancelled my 42 euro pre-order bargain ! But surely pricing error is their mistake as product content is the same and reasonably could have been offered at price i was offered - so legally, have these people a leg to stand on ?!!   ??? ::)

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2010, 12:06:06 PM »
$40. i ordered it there and then as i thought they weren't allowed to change the price for me once i had ordered it

I guess they have the right to cancel orders, though!

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2010, 03:14:13 PM »
I asked about it at my local FYE music-video store and they have it listed as $130 US. I'll be scouring the ads for discounts as I won't buy online. Less of a hassle. Best Buy usually has the best price.

I feel for those whose pre-orders were cancelled. :-\

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »
I actually don't feel too much for those who had their orders cancelled, i'd be slightly PO'd if I paid 2x the price.

That being said, I just saw something on a US station and they had a lawyer in there talking about if a store advertises a price and its incorrect, do they have to honour it?  He said actually NO, they don't.  However, if a business makes a habit of it and its used to lure customers into the store, it enters into the realm of false advertising, and then it becomes a legal issue.

Offline jw

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2010, 07:14:53 PM »
I think maybe part of the reason retailers were able to cancel the pre-orders is because the contents were never announced.  If they had announced the contents early on and it was the same as what they're doing now, then that'd be a problem.  As it is, people pre-ordered a product that technically never came to exist.  So like any order with product that never comes to exist, the order was canceled.  But since the description was generic, I guess people expected their order to be honored regardless of what the content ended up being.

Offline myersfan73

• Babyface
  • We Win, We Loose, It's Perfect!
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2010, 10:27:34 AM »
Orders have been cancelled as the contents has been changed. I pre-ordered from both u2 and amazon.com and both orders have been cancelled. The Blu-ray disc was never advertised as being in the original listings, hence there reason to can any cheap pre-orders.

Offline George

• Stateless
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; Now it's time to rhyme!
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »
Orders have been cancelled as the contents has been changed. I pre-ordered from both u2 and amazon.com and both orders have been cancelled. The Blu-ray disc was never advertised as being in the original listings, hence there reason to can any cheap pre-orders.

But it's different for the orders from amazon.de.  Here's what it is called from my confirmation email from them:

"360 Degrees Tour - Ltd. Super Deluxe Edt. 2 DVDs + BluRay + Bonus (360° At The Rose Bowl)"
U2; DVD; EUR 35,27

They just said in their retraction email that it was a pricing mistake, not a change in content.

Offline George

• Stateless
  • 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9; Now it's time to rhyme!
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2010, 11:23:06 AM »
I actually don't feel too much for those who had their orders cancelled, i'd be slightly PO'd if I paid 2x the price.

Other people getting a good deal is nothing to get "PO'd" about.  If someone finds a good deal and I don't, good for them and unfortunate for me.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2010, 12:56:48 PM »

Other people getting a good deal is nothing to get "PO'd" about.  If someone finds a good deal and I don't, good for them and unfortunate for me.

If I order the exact same item from the exact same store and someone paid half as much as me without getting it at a legitimate sale price, yeah, I'd be PO'd.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »

But it's different for the orders from amazon.de.  Here's what it is called from my confirmation email from them:

"360 Degrees Tour - Ltd. Super Deluxe Edt. 2 DVDs + BluRay + Bonus (360° At The Rose Bowl)"
U2; DVD; EUR 35,27

They just said in their retraction email that it was a pricing mistake, not a change in content.

I'm not happy about the order cancellation, and I am taking it further as I don't think it's  very fair or acceptable.
Lets's see how I get on !!