Author Topic: The U2 Confessional  (Read 117463 times)

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
  • The future needs a big kiss!!!!!
Re: The U2 Confessional
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2010, 10:18:56 AM »
you are right!!! 1000000000 percent!!!!
You just have to think of Bullet the blue sky, one, trying to throw your arms, get on your boots,..!!

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you are right!!! 1000000000 percent!!!!
You just have to think of Bullet the blue sky, one, trying to throw your arms, get on your boots,..!!
exactly! and let's not forget Where the Streets Have No Name  ;)

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2010, 10:25:12 AM »
Yeah!! Streets is live much better but it depends! I love the Rattle & Hum Streets and the one from Slane Castle where it comes right after All I want is you.. The version from Chicago isn't that good!
I also love the two version of Running to stand still!!!

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »
Yeah!! Streets is live much better but it depends! I love the Rattle & Hum Streets and the one from Slane Castle where it comes right after All I want is you.. The version from Chicago isn't that good!
I also love the two version of Running to stand still!!!

I love, love, LOVE the version from Slane Castle. It never fails to give me goosebumps! And Running to Stand Still is one of my all-time favorite songs, so I love any version!

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2010, 10:30:44 AM »
XD I think we have the same favorite songs.. It's really hard to say which are the best songs because I like nearly all of them!^^ but Running to stand still is definitely one of them!!!  :)

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
XD I think we have the same favorite songs.. It's really hard to say which are the best songs because I like nearly all of them!^^ but Running to stand still is definitely one of them!!!  :)

That's cool! =) I know, it's hard to narrow it down....my top 10 list changes A LOT!

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
"Mercy" is below average and I'm glad it was left off the record.  That's right, I said it.  If they ever decide to finish it, I'll reconsider my position.

Also, I love "A Man & A Woman," "One Step Closer," and "Wild Honey."  (Proceeds to board up his windows for the oncoming hurricane of abuse)
However, I can name all the albums in chronological order so I should be good to keep coming to the shows.

I also have Salome on my iPod, so that's got to count for something, right?

Hey, I like "One Step Closer" and "Wild Honey", too.....SO WHAT?! :P They're good songs.

Yes, they are very good songs.  I have just noticed the ridicule they seem to draw on this forum. 

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2010, 09:38:16 PM »
My big confession: at the moment, another Irish band is far more important and meaningful to me than U2 (or any other band); I'd go so far as to say that, for the time being at least and possibly for good, they've overtaken U2 as my favourite band.

Wow, who is it?

Offline TyraRay

• Elevated
  • Ill come back above, when there is only love <3
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2010, 12:09:00 AM »
"Mercy" is below average and I'm glad it was left off the record.  That's right, I said it.  If they ever decide to finish it, I'll reconsider my position.

Also, I love "A Man & A Woman," "One Step Closer," and "Wild Honey."  (Proceeds to board up his windows for the oncoming hurricane of abuse)
However, I can name all the albums in chronological order so I should be good to keep coming to the shows.

I also have Salome on my iPod, so that's got to count for something, right?

Hey, I like "One Step Closer" and "Wild Honey", too.....SO WHAT?! :P They're good songs.

Yes, they are very good songs.  I have just noticed the ridicule they seem to draw on this forum. 

I agree.. I love all 3 of those songs

Offline mattyk

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2010, 03:46:40 AM »
My big confession: at the moment, another Irish band is far more important and meaningful to me than U2 (or any other band); I'd go so far as to say that, for the time being at least and possibly for good, they've overtaken U2 as my favourite band.

Wow, who is it?

The Frames. I still love U2 and always will but am finding a lot more for me in a lot of ways in Glen Hansard's songs, both with The Frames and the Swell Season, at the moment. Music is like that though - sometimes you don't control what speaks to you emotionally etc. 

Offline silvrlvr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Three things I need you to know -- three!
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »
My confessional: I've never heard them play 40 live, in the six times I've seen them. Everyone tells me what a wonderful closer this is, but I have no idea what they're talking about.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2010, 10:25:18 AM »
My confessional: I've never heard them play 40 live, in the six times I've seen them. Everyone tells me what a wonderful closer this is, but I have no idea what they're talking about.

I know exactly what you mean! (Although, this is not a fault of yours). Every concert I go to I hope and wish and cross my fingers that they'll close with 40, but to no avail. Argh!

Offline Georgia

• Elevated
  • Contradiction is Balance
« Reply #147 on: June 05, 2010, 08:34:45 PM »
I confess:  I don't like Pride live--I think its boring.  I know, I know....  I was glad to see that it wasn't on the set list this time around (though I did miss Bullet the Blue Sky  :'()

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #148 on: June 07, 2010, 08:19:02 PM »
I think they need to do a free bee, something I dont know what....

Offline gnmmet

• Numb
  • Your love is like a secret it gets passed around
« Reply #149 on: June 07, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »
I confess:  I don't like Pride live--I think its boring.  I know, I know....  I was glad to see that it wasn't on the set list this time around (though I did miss Bullet the Blue Sky  :'()

I'm with you there, never really liked Pride and love Bullet, but I understand why they dropped it.