Author Topic: The U2 Confessional  (Read 117500 times)

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
Re: The U2 Confessional
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When U2 came to Omaha in 2005 my family had a row of tickets and I turned them down  :o

:'(

Don't make me kill you. :'(

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »
When U2 came to Omaha in 2005 my family had a row of tickets and I turned them down  :o

Don't worry, i didn't even bother trying to go to that tour. HORRID album. Maybe that's another confession of mine? I like 4, MAYBE 5 songs off HTDAAB, and i can't STAND the rest of it.

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
  • The future needs a big kiss!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2010, 01:28:32 PM »
Don't make me kill you.
ohhhh sh**!!! Poor boy!!!

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »
and i still think they have their best album coming.

I also think this is a strong possibility

An album even better than The Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby? :o

God I hope you're right.  Imagine that.

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2010, 01:33:22 PM »
Don't make me kill you.
ohhhh sh**!!! Poor boy!!!

M, Miami66 and I have an understanding of each other. We share a state, both missed the same concert, and need to meet and see a show someday. ;)

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »

Bono has spoken about this before, he has always said their best work is ahead of them and they are still learning the craft. He relates their work to that of a movie director or a painter, I remember him saying who's to say Martin Scorcese's best work isn't ahead of him. Larry has said that the band are probably not able to repeat their best moments on an album. I think there is a lot of magic left to come, I don't know why but I just believe in them.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2010, 01:42:20 PM »

Bono has spoken about this before, he has always said their best work is ahead of them and they are still learning the craft. He relates their work to that of a movie director or a painter, I remember him saying who's to say Martin Scorcese's best work isn't ahead of him. Larry has said that the band are probably not able to repeat their best moments on an album. I think there is a lot of magic left to come, I don't know why but I just believe in them.

That does sound like classic Bono BS to me. ::)  There were flashes of brilliance on NLOTH and if that's any indication of where they're at then they still have some tricks left up their sleeve. ;)

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »

Don't make me kill you. :'(

LOL!  ;D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2010, 04:10:10 PM »
about this before, he has always said their best work is ahead of them and they are still learning the craft. He relates their work to that of a movie director or a painter, I remember him saying who's to say Martin Scorcese's best work isn't ahead of him. Larry has said that the band are probably not able to repeat their best moments on an album. I think there is a lot of magic left to come, I don't know why but I just believe in them.

That does sound like classic Bono BS to me. ::)  There were flashes of brilliance on NLOTH and if that's any indication of where they're at then they still have some tricks left up their sleeve. ;)
[/quote]

Well yea of course it is, what's he gonna say "Yup sorry guys, our best album is WAY behind us". Now another GREAT album, maybe, but they seem to really drop the ball in the track selection & sequencing part, that's truly what keeps NLOTH from GREAT status.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 04:14:31 PM by DesertSky »

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2010, 04:34:30 PM »
Very interesting, this thread.  Let's see.  Some of mine are "original sins" and others are up on the board already.

- I don't own October and I've only listened to it once or twice
- I'm sometimes embarrassed by Bono's behavior (not onstage, not while I'm there, but in retrospect, or when he's not onstage sometimes)
- I don't really care about Adam
- I hated Larry's greasy Vertigo hair
- I've only listened to Passengers once and the only Passengers song I own is Miss Sarajevo
- Although I've loved this band since about 1986 I didn't see them live until 2005

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2010, 05:32:00 PM »
Very interesting, this thread.  Let's see.  Some of mine are "original sins" and others are up on the board already.

- I'm sometimes embarrassed by Bono's behavior (not onstage, not while I'm there, but in retrospect, or when he's not onstage sometimes)
- I've only listened to Passengers once and the only Passengers song I own is Miss Sarajevo
- Although I've loved this band since about 1986 I didn't see them live until 2005

Well, those aren't too bad I guess...And I have to agree about Larry's Vertigo hair. It didn't suit him at ALL!

Offline halljoh2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Lets see colours that have never been seen.
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2010, 06:24:44 PM »
I illegally downloaded 40-50 U2 songs before I bought my first album.

Part of the reason I dislike October is because I'm uncomfortable about so many religious references.

I think a bunch of the people who claim Pop is the best album only do so because they like being "original".

InThisHeartland

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2010, 06:28:38 PM »

Part of the reason I dislike October is because I'm uncomfortable about so many religious references.

I think a bunch of the people who claim Pop is the best album only do so because they like being "original".

I think you havent listened to Pop enough.

;)

An Cat Dubh

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »

Ridiculous statement. I LOVE Pop. I love it because to me, my ears (which is what counts) it has the best lyrics and melodies, it is the album that gives me the greatest pleasure to listen to. Do i think it is their best, no, to me that would be Achtung Baby! But I prefer to listen to Pop over everything else in the context of the 'album'

I certainly do not pick Pop as my favorite because I want to be original! Silly thing to say.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2010, 08:37:20 PM »

i dont....i mean what do you mean? like you dont care if he gets replaced? or you dont care if he dies? adam seems like the most approachable one to me