Author Topic: U2 used to be a real band  (Read 6856 times)

Offline Bads316

• Elevated
  • Ain't nothin' but a muffin
Re: U2 used to be a real band
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2009, 09:46:52 AM »
five tours actually - Lovetown. Out of the past twenty years they've spent about ten of those on the road.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like the vast majority of what U2 have out out over the years. I just dislike the attempt at 'edgy' out there dance music / electronic riff sh**e. Anthems, no, not particularly. Music with heart and soul? Yes, I'll have some that please, and Boots is not that.

why would i want to rebuy the back catalogue?

i meant the back catalogue of the group "embrace" (from england), who are famous for their anthem driven, but quite boring, music. you make fair enough points, but i believe the lyrics in goyb are from the heart and soul, it's just that they're not presented in a soulful music context. i simply prefer a mixture of sounds from u2, i wouldn't want all their output to sound the same, that's all. i believe the album will be a heady cocktail of a wide spectrum of sounds to satisfy us all, i hope!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 10:09:54 AM by miami »

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2009, 10:26:56 AM »
I was just thinking-the four members of U2 all have a beating heart and are still breathing, right? They all either play a musical instrument or sing. They joined together to play their music in front of an audience and not just in the shower!  They put out albums (some good, some not so good depending on which fan you speak to).  This is their chosen profession. I think they fufilled all the criteria Webster's Dictionary would require to be called a real band. ;D ;)

Offline brendan,belfast

• Wanderer
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2009, 10:28:27 AM »
Lyrics from the heart and soul:

Not right now
Hey sexy boots...
Get on your boots, yeah
Not right now
Bossy boots
You don’t know how beautiful

Mmmm

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
U2 could play in different places at one time!

Like Kraftwerk!!!!

I feel Nu-uumb!

Offline Lesmo

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2009, 11:14:18 AM »
I was watching Rattle and Hum last night and it dawned on me that there have been only 4 tours since then, ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo.

I wanna be picky here. Zoo Tv was split in two big sections: The Zootv/Outside Broadcast and the ZooPorra/Zoomerang/Zoo Station/Ramalamadingdong...