Author Topic: Hi everybody !  (Read 3644 times)

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
Hi everybody !
« on: May 11, 2010, 04:21:53 PM »
Hi  :)

I've just discovered this topic after a few days here.

I'm a French fan, so I won't post a lot because it's not easy to me to write in English.

But I like to read your posts and  to know what happens on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. I really appreciate the friendly ambience of this forum and your love for our favourite band.

I travelled to New York last year for the two U2 gigs and I'll be back next July to see them again in the new Meadowlands Stadium (waiting impatiently !)

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Re: Hi everybody !
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:40:43 PM »
Bienvenue! Comment ca va? :) (I took French my last two years of school, but I'm not very good at it.)

I'm going to my second U2 show in about 4 weeks, and I can't wait! :)

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum!! I'll be there too. Check out our fan party the Saturday before in the Fan Plans and Meet Up section! We'd love for you to come if you are in NYC that day!

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 12:47:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bienvenue! Comment ca va? :) (I took French my last two years of school, but I'm not very good at it.)

Je vais bien merci !

Take courage for the 4 weeks :  "This time will pass" (c'est bientôt  :))

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 12:49:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum!! I'll be there too. Check out our fan party the Saturday before in the Fan Plans and Meet Up section! We'd love for you to come if you are in NYC that day!

With great pleasure if I can be there  :)

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »

Je vais bien merci !

Take courage for the 4 weeks :  "This time will pass" (c'est bientôt  :))

:D Excellent advice! Merci. ;)  :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
Hi there, so glad you joined, I love hearing news from other U2 fans from all over the world
and this is a great place to come! Have fun! :)

Offline SBMitch

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Somebody stepped inside your soul
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »

I'm a French fan, so I won't post a lot because it's not easy to me to write in English.

But I like to read your posts and  to know what happens on the other side of the Atlantic ocean. I really appreciate the friendly ambience of this forum and your love for our favourite band.

I travelled to New York last year for the two U2 gigs and I'll be back next July to see them again in the new Meadowlands Stadium (waiting impatiently !)

I don't remember the French I learned in 8th grade-years and years ago-so I wont torture you with that. Welcome! And hooray for coming to the July NYC concert-I'll be there as well. Welcome, welcome!

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 04:53:47 PM »
Hi there, so glad you joined, I love hearing news from other U2 fans from all over the world
and this is a great place to come! Have fun! :)

Thank you !

So, some news from France for you : today I have read in a newspaper that Bono and The Edge are in the south of France (in Cannes and Eze), preparing a big party for May 17th with Wyclef Jean.

We'll see...

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:04 PM »

I don't remember the French I learned in 8th grade-years and years ago-so I wont torture you with that. Welcome! And hooray for coming to the July NYC concert-I'll be there as well. Welcome, welcome!

Thank you !

Sure it wouldn't be a torture to read your French !

U2 gigs in New York are always intense and we'll have a great, great night in July ! (and in English !)

Offline SBMitch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

Thank you !

U2 gigs in New York are always intense and we'll have a great, great night in July ! (and in English !)

aww you are to kind, missbigkiss. Alas, I cannot think of any French right now and I dont want to cheat by using Google. So glad you are coming over in July. First time in the US?

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »

Thank you !

aww you are to kind, missbigkiss. Alas, I cannot think of any French right now and I dont want to cheat by using Google. So glad you are coming over in July. First time in the US?

Third time !
And still enchanted to cross the Atlantic ocean !

Offline SBMitch

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 07:38:10 AM »

Thank you !

Third time !
And still enchanted to cross the Atlantic ocean !

oh wonderful!

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
  • The future needs a big kiss!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
Hey Miss :-*
how are you? From which part of France are you? I am from Austria!!  :) How old are you? I Love this multicultural forum!!!  ;)
Greetings from austria

Offline ILoveEd

• Elevated
  • Remember me?
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
Hi! It's nice to meet an international fan  :D I live in Montreal, so I speak fluent French!

J'espère que vous visitez le forum souvent!  :)