Author Topic: Hi everybody !  (Read 3638 times)

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
Re: Hi everybody !
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 01:14:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey Miss :-*
how are you? From which part of France are you? I am from Austria!!  :) How old are you? I Love this multicultural forum!!!  ;)
Greetings from austria

Hi, I'm living in the French Alps; between Lyon and Geneve, so I suppose I'm not too far from you. I have been in Austria 5 times, especially for Christmas and for the new year's day (mostly in Salzbourg and Vienna) and I think it's a really wonderful country ! Good food, pleasant people, amazing mountains...
I'm really older than you because I'm a U2 fan for several years. I love this "mixed" forum too. Lots of countries, lots of ages, lots of opinions but love and respect for U2 !
Hope you'll see them in Vienna lucky boy !

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
Hi! It's nice to meet an international fan  :D I live in Montreal, so I speak fluent French!

J'espère que vous visitez le forum souvent!  :)

Hi ! I have visited Montreal last year (wonderfull autumn colors and 'magasinage" !) and I'll be in Ottawa and Quebec in next July, just before the U2 gig in New York.
I hope you'll enjoy the shows in Montreal. Sure they will be amazing !

Je visite le forum de plus en plus souvent !

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
  • The future needs a big kiss!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »
Oh.. you live near to Switzerland! My mum is from Berne! =)
But I live in the eastern part of Austria... 1 km from the HUngarian border - NO MOUINTAINS!! >:( I hate it!
Vienna is cool! It' one hour to drive from here.. :)
But what did you do there? I can't really imagine why somebody goes to Vienna when they could go to Rome, Paris, londen etc^^
And in France there are many mountains and ski areas too! It's nice that you come to Austria but I'm interested why!!?!  :)

Yeah!! I'll be at the Vienna concert! U 2?^^
Which concerts will you see?  :)

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 01:18:28 AM »
Oh.. you live near to Switzerland! My mum is from Berne! =)
But I live in the eastern part of Austria... 1 km from the HUngarian border - NO MOUINTAINS!! >:( I hate it!
Vienna is cool! It' one hour to drive from here.. :)
But what did you do there? I can't really imagine why somebody goes to Vienna when they could go to Rome, Paris, londen etc^^
And in France there are many mountains and ski areas too! It's nice that you come to Austria but I'm interested why!!?!  :)

Yeah!! I'll be at the Vienna concert! U 2?^^
Which concerts will you see?  :)

I have discovered Vienna because one member of my family was living there and I visited her three times. But when she left Vienna, I got back two times more  just for pleasure. I have visited Paris, London and many other european capital and I can tell you that Vienna is one of the most unknown, but one of the most charming ones. I like the way of life in this city (from cafés" to "Heuringen"), the huge culture of everybody and the lovely ambience.

I have travelled by train 5 times, from France to Vienna, crossing Switzerland too, and I don't regret anything.  I'll be back ! (maybe by plane that time !)

Ni tickets for the U2's Vienna gig this year (it has been sold out very quickly) so I have choosen other destinations like Istanbul or Coimbra, and New York too. I'm dreaming to go to Roma too because this is the last gig of the leg. I hope I'll find a well located ticket on a fans's website.

I hope you'll tell me how was the Vienna gig after the show. Sure you'll live a great moment !

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 08:39:31 AM »
It's really nice to hear that you like my country!  :) People normally only know Mozart, and that's all...^^
Hahahaha  :D You know "Heurigen" !!!
Did you visit something special in Vienna like Schönbrunn for example?
Yes!!! The concert was sold out very quickly! I only got tickets because I had a presale code from u2.com!!  :) I hoped that they would make another concert in Vienna!! But they didn't do it like in Zurich..  >:(
So you will go to 3 concerts all over the world^^ Wow!
I will travel with a friend with Interrail (train) through Europe in August.. He doesn't like U2 but I hope I can go to another concert which is on our route.. (Turin, Frankfurt, Hannover)..
We also want to go to France!! I don't know many about France... We will go to Paris and to Bretagne! There is an exchange student in our school who is from Bretagne and I want to visit here.. =) What else do we have to see in France??? =) Tell me some nice places, please!  :)

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 01:01:07 AM »
It's really nice to hear that you like my country!  :) People normally only know Mozart, and that's all...^^
Hahahaha  :D You know "Heurigen" !!!
Did you visit something special in Vienna like Schönbrunn for example?
Yes!!! The concert was sold out very quickly! I only got tickets because I had a presale code from u2.com!!  :) I hoped that they would make another concert in Vienna!! But they didn't do it like in Zurich..  >:(
So you will go to 3 concerts all over the world^^ Wow!
I will travel with a friend with Interrail (train) through Europe in August.. He doesn't like U2 but I hope I can go to another concert which is on our route.. (Turin, Frankfurt, Hannover)..
We also want to go to France!! I don't know many about France... We will go to Paris and to Bretagne! There is an exchange student in our school who is from Bretagne and I want to visit here.. =) What else do we have to see in France??? =) Tell me some nice places, please!  :)

I like Mozart too and have tried to get some tickets to the Salzbourg Festival but I'm afraid it's more difficult than to get U2's tickets Hahaha :D

I have visited many things in Vienna like Shonbrunn or the Hofburg (in France, many people are found of Sissi !).I have also visited many museums and churches full of golden angels (I love that !). I can remember of the cute Lipizaner horses too and of the Freud's flat (unfortunately without any sofa !). And huge schintzels in Figlmuller restaurant ! And central café and so on !... Just good memories !

If you go to France, the biggest problem is that there will be too many beautiful things to see. I think that with Paris and Britain, you'll have enough nice place to visit (mostly if you love the sea for Britain, that's is an amazing place everywhere). If you want to find sun and people, you can also visit the French riviera (overpopulated and overexpensive in summer, but it's heaven !) and,not too far from the Mediterranee sea, you can also visit Provence, that is a really wonderful place.

Lucky guy, I wish you a very nice journey and I'm sure you'll find U2's tickets on your road !

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »
The future needs you

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
  • Some days you wake up in the army
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 02:54:44 AM »
Hi

I just stumbled on this site also--U2 has been my favorite band since 1982 (yeah I am old)

I took French in HS and College-- but i sould like the French Tarzan when I speak it -BON--JOUR-- COMENT yeah its bad, more like Me Tarzan than really speaking it it is kind of awfull. My German isn't much better

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2010, 08:03:51 AM »
I like Mozart too and have tried to get some tickets to the Salzbourg Festival but I'm afraid it's more difficult than to get U2's tickets Hahaha
:D Really? I like classical music but I never went to a concert or something..^^
I think you know more about sights in Vienna that I do!  :D

And huge schintzels in Figlmuller restaurant !
  ;D I would like some Schnitzel at the moment!  :)

I will not go to Britain.. It is planned Italy, France, Netherlands and Germany.. The places we want to see must be good to go there by train!! I think Bretagne is something very special.. I think there are very beautiful houses!!  :)

Lucky guy, I wish you a very nice journey and I'm sure you'll find U2's tickets on your road !
Thank you very very much!!! SO what are you doing this summer?  :)

Greetings from Austria

Daniel

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 02:35:15 AM »
Beautiful houses in Britain, yes. If you are in the North of Britain, try to go to "Le Mont Saint Michel", one of the most beautiful place in the world (crowdy in Summer, but a nice place to listen to U2. Magic !). And go to Saint Malo too.

If you are in the south of Britain, try to visit islands, especially "Belle ile en mer", so magnificent !

And don't forget to eat "crêpes" and "kouig aman" and to drink "cidre" !

Personnally, this summer, I'll go to USA to see U2 but just if Bono gets well soon ! Let's cross our fingers !

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 03:36:53 AM »
Hmm.. Sorry. I'm a bit confused...  ??? I said that I WILL NOT go to Britain. But some things you told me sound french.. So you ment France and not Britain??

Offline missbigkiss

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2010, 12:33:26 AM »
Hmm.. Sorry. I'm a bit confused...  ??? I said that I WILL NOT go to Britain. But some things you told me sound french.. So you ment France and not Britain??

Yes, Britain is a region of France too ("Bretagne" or Brittany). And we call "Great Britain" what is Britain for you (= a part of UK).

Anyway, have a good trip !

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 01:00:08 PM by missbigkiss »

Offline Mexicandyman

• Child of Grace
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2010, 12:37:59 AM »
 :D :D :D haha.. Now i know what you meant! Thank you!  :)

Offline Maximus

• Desert Rose
  • Some days you wake up in the army
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 05:27:43 AM »
I had a French teacher in University from Brittany--She was hot!!!!!!!!!!!