Author Topic: is the friendship still there, or is it forced?  (Read 5315 times)

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rock and roll doggie!!!
Re: is the friendship still there, or is it forced?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2009, 01:50:50 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are you a Libra?   ;)

Farthest thing from; I'm a Cancer...and we don't like Libras...though Libra women are oh so smokin' hot.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 01:53:09 PM »
I just reread the article, because I didn't see this "dissention" in there the first time, and honestly, I still don't see it. I think you're reading way too much between the lines.[/i]

Great!  Fine!  Party on, Garth!  Party on, Wayne!  I'll just be over here trying to play Jesus to the lepers in my head.  I'll tell you this, though, you guys could collectively use some practice on how to allay a guy's fears.  You'd think by talking about my fear of a U2 breakup, I'm somehow causing it to be manifest...sheesh...

Offline AudaciousU2

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2009, 01:54:25 PM »
To all you nail and pillow biters out there...

U2 will NEVER break up because of internal strife.  They are past the point of no return in terms of differences in personality or political views.

I would be more concerned that they are to much like a corporation that will live on forever well past their due date.

I welcome internal conflicts, different ideas and idealogy.  I dig that Larry thinks Bono is associating with war criminals.  This will make the band stronger and the playing better.  

Remember when they last played "40" in concert that each band member left the stage by themselves... with Larry always holding the song down with his drums.

Even though this is a democratic band- the drummer holds this band together.  He started it and he will end it.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 01:54:44 PM »
Farthest thing from; I'm a Cancer...and we don't like Libras...though Libra women are oh so smokin' hot.

I know you're a Cancer, delicious when dipped in butter, so what's with that feminine side of you, biting your nails??

Offline U2Pride

• Deep In the Heart
  • There's no them, only us.
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 01:55:41 PM »
Well in my opinion, if they make such great music together they have to have good chemistry. The one thing that makes a band even better than how they sound is how they play together (wow I just made them sounbd like little kids :]). But I think that if they were gonna break up  they would have done it a longgg time ago. And just the thought of them breaking up also makes me extremely sad even though I haven't liked them as long as many of you have, but it's sad to see any band break up because I think bands are one of the strongest bonds people can have with eachother.  I can understand when Larry talks about how they don't "go to the pub as often as we used to" (or something like that) because they have families and such. But if they can still get together and great music...then they seem like theyre doin fine to me. :]

Offline Bono in Bonolands

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 02:03:31 PM »
B/w Larry and Bono, it is definately forced.

Edge doesn't care as he is an alien.

Adam gave up caring about what Bono did a long time ago.

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 02:05:55 PM »
I know you're a Cancer, delicious when dipped in butter, so what's with that feminine side of you, biting your nails??

Guilty as charged, but Steven Spielberg is a nail-biter, too, so I feel like I'm in good company.  It's a less destructive vice than cigarettes or booze...

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 02:17:14 PM »
I just reread the article, because I didn't see this "dissention" in there the first time, and honestly, I still don't see it. I think you're reading way too much between the lines.[/i]

Great!  Fine!  Party on, Garth!  Party on, Wayne!  I'll just be over here trying to play Jesus to the lepers in my head.  I'll tell you this, though, you guys could collectively use some practice on how to allay a guy's fears.  You'd think by talking about my fear of a U2 breakup, I'm somehow causing it to be manifest...sheesh...

Well, it's not our job to talk you down off a ledge ;) I was just saying (along with a few other people on here) how we don't know why you're coming to these drastic conclusions from quotes that basically come out about the band after almost every album is wrapped up...

Nobody is saying that your worrying is going to make it manifest. Actually, I don't think many people are worried about this in the least...

We return you to your regularly scheduled panicking :)

Offline God, Part II

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2009, 02:20:25 PM »

Thank you!  Can't a man be left alone to pi*s his pants with a little dignity?

Offline CiscoJP

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »

Thank you!  Can't a man be left alone to pi*s his pants with a little dignity?

Hahahaha!!  ;D