Author Topic: U2 tour in Moscow is WRONG! World campaing  (Read 7646 times)

Offline mob

• Babyface
  • me
U2 tour in Moscow is WRONG! World campaing
« on: May 14, 2010, 07:47:59 AM »
Irish rock band U2 will perform for the first time in Russia - on August 25th, 2010 at Moscow BSA Luzhniki. Bono is musician, singer-songwriter, activist, philanthropist ..... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The Truth about Russia. What is situation in Putin’s Russia?

© The Times May 7, 2008

'Puppet President' Dmitri Medvedev takes power in Putin job swap

----------

©The Times April 29, 2008

Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich 'was President Putin's enforcer'.

----------

©Telegraph Media Group Limited 19 Nov 2006

Leading Russian critic of Putin's regime is poisoned in London

©Guardian News and Media Limited 21 January 2010
Russian journalist dies after beating in police custody.
New scandal for force involved in 100 grave crimes a year.

----------

© BANDIT CAPITALISM IN RUSSIA
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

----------

© You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"Mr. Putin has sad glory in the Europe. So the representative of European Commission Pierre Dibman has declared that victims of corruption in Russia already are practically all population of the country."

“The situation with human rights in Russia " is completely not sterile ", it is a lot of infringements of human rights, and they should be eliminated. As if to a situation with human rights and their consideration in corresponding court, that, in my opinion, it also consequence of imperfection of our judicial system. We should change it and should adapt under interests of our state and the most important our people ", - the president of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev - has declared RIA of News.

"The Russian President, Dmitry Medvedev, has not delivered on the promises he made about human rights during his first year in power," Amnesty International has said.

“We should protect their (rights) in all possible ways, first of all, judicial. In their this sense (infringements of the rights) so much because there is no effective state, effective court ", - the president of the Russian Federation Dmitry Medvedev - RIA of News has told.

----------

© Carnegie Endowment for International Peace

"Out of her blunt, often acerbic, account comes shrewd insights into Putin’s transformation from an implausible, contrived successor into a dominator unchallenged by oligarchs, legislators, or regional bosses, let alone a democratic opposition." —Foreign Affairs

----------

© KREMLIN POWER in pictures

Why I Have Written "U2 tour in Moscow is WRONG?"

Please, read carefully...

Who's U2's leader? Bono... "Today, Bono, the U2 singer, global activist and one of the most powerful leaders on the world stage,"

The Truth About Kremlin (Putin and Medvedev). "As he prepares to step down from the Russian presidency in early May, Vladimir Putin has been boasting about his accomplishments. In a speech to the State Council on February 8, he talked of the stability that his government had established, thanks to which “people once more have confidence that life will continue to change for the better.” A few days later, during the last of his long annual press conferences as president of the Russian Federation, Putin said: “I have worked like a galley slave throughout these eight years, morning till night, and I have given all I could to this work. I am happy with the results.” By NYREV, Inc.

Do Not Show Support for Kremlin Regime. Ten wanted by Moscow, dated 1 February 2008, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But today already Fifthen wanted by Moscow, date 13 May 2010.

Who's Putin? Putin, the Kremlin power struggle and the $40bn fortune You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Welcome to Criminal Russia! Criminal Russia: the traditions behind the headlines. New footage of Moscow cop massacre released

CHRONICLES OF POLITICAL PERSECUTION AND ACTUAL SITUATION ON HUMAN RIGHTS IN PRESENT DAY RUSSIA. News, articles, reports, appeals, analysis, comments. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you very much!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 03:48:30 AM by mob »

Offline JTBaby

• Elevated
Re: U2 tour in Moscow is WRONG! World campaing
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:16:01 AM »
You can find fault with any country/leader.

Bono nuzzled up to mass murderer and war criminal George W. Bush too.....

Offline imedi

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »

agreed.... i dont see why russian fans should be made to suffer because of their leaders thats just daft u2 not going to russia never made a difference before ... hope russian fans have a great time

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 12:31:23 PM »

The UN approved the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »
"one of the most powerful leaders on the world stage"

Bono is the singer in a rock and roll band. He doesn't lead any countries and has no power over any nations. He is an effective and tireless advocate for people that many leaders and nations would otherwise ignore, and has managed to gain the attention of many world leaders. That has no impact on his band's tour itinerary, and shouldn't.

(Really hate posts like this from new "members" who come in and make one post and then never return. Likely going to delete this thread before too long.)

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »
"It's the sick who need the physician, not the healthy". The Russian people need this concert more than those of us in better run countries. IMHO

Offline mob

• Babyface
  • me
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 05:13:05 AM »
"It's the sick who need the physician, not the healthy". The Russian people need this concert more than those of us in better run countries. IMHO

SHOW MUST GO ON!

Vladimir Putin And Dmitry Medvedev Dance 2010

"Critics Say Bono's Business Practices Belie Africa Efforts. The Irish rock star Bono and the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia are catching heat for the center’s decision to give the U2 lead singer its Liberty Medal." You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ness/9569/

I say to Bono, please return your awards!

Thank you very much!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 05:26:04 AM »

SHOW MUST GO ON!

Vladimir Putin And Dmitry Medvedev Dance 2010

"Critics Say Bono's Business Practices Belie Africa Efforts. The Irish rock star Bono and the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia are catching heat for the center’s decision to give the U2 lead singer its Liberty Medal." You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... ness/9569/

I say to Bono, please return your awards!

Thank you very much!

WOW! They danced and they were playing accordions!

Surely that makes them the most evil people on the planet! Bravo!

Offline mob

• Babyface
  • me
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 07:35:32 AM »
Traveling to Russia, dangerous?

"The slaying of prominent Russian journalist Anna Politkovskayia is the message to everybody in Russian society: - Shut down! You will be next.- Russian people is living now in fear, in absence of respect to human rights of anyone and everybody. There is no freedom: no self expression, nor press, nor business. Not anymore! In builded by Putin so called vertical of power there so such place for that words. There is no more separation of branches of government - there are simply nothing to separate. Everything tied in monstrous knot of corruption, negligence and criminal (or close to) connections. In such environment nazi and xenophobia are flourishing. So I have displeasure to present you the phenomenon - Russian fascism. Last but not least, as I'm forced to admit with sadness and anger, contract murder in Russia is turning point to our society. We must turn over and close this shameful black page in our history. And we will overcome the grip of gray secret police on our throat, uproot its cancerous net from the life of Russian people." Posted by: Casper blog.washingtonpost.com

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 07:50:27 AM »
Boulderdash.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 09:55:14 AM »
I still don't see what this has to do with a rock concert in Moscow?  Paul McCartney preformed there and there was no backlash. 

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 12:56:22 PM »
If Russia is still the same country portrayed in that epic and monumental film, Rocky IV (and I'm sure it is), then there's no doubt it's evil. I mean hell, one of their main heroes, Ivan Drago, killed Apollo Creed (a great American) without even a hint of remorse.

I'm not sure what this thread is actually about, but I felt that my voice needed to be heard, and my opinion entered into the record.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:16:25 PM by The Exile »

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28:00 PM »
If Russia is still the same country portrayed in that epic and monumental film, Rocky IV (and I'm sure it is), then there's no doubt it's evil. I mean hell, one of their main heroes, Ivan Drago, killed Apollo Creed (a great American) without even a hint of remorse.

I'm not sure what this thread is actually about, but I felt that my voice needed to be heard, and entered into the record.

;D

Offline Vox

• Running to Stand Still
  • Time is irrelevant, it's not linear.
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 07:25:05 PM »

I'm not sure what this thread is actually about, but I felt that my voice needed to be heard, and my opinion entered into the record.

I know what you're saying, Exile.  Cripes, I remember when I was in high school and they invaded my country out of the blue.  Luckily, we had a group of students who rallied together and called themselves "Wolverines" and fought against them. The leader was cool too....  He kept saying "nobody puts (uncle) Sammie in a corner."

Thread = epic fail.

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »

I know what you're saying, Exile.  Cripes, I remember when I was in high school and they invaded my country out of the blue.  Luckily, we had a group of students who rallied together and called themselves "Wolverines" and fought against them. The leader was cool too....  He kept saying "nobody puts (uncle) Sammie in a corner."

Thread = epic fail.

And let's not forget the insidious Russian spy, Alex Krychek, whose whole goal during the '90s was to thwart Mulder and Scully's research into the global conspiracy to generate an alien-human hybrid using common bees to spread the extraterrestrial virus to the populous.