Author Topic: Bono Surgery  (Read 79718 times)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: Bono Surgery
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2010, 07:07:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks, p8ru2. Agreed that 8 weeks is when Bono is likely to be healed, but that's "healing" for a normal person who might go to an office. Bono is the equivalent of an athlete on stage -- he runs, he bounces, he climbs stairs and leans over railings. We won't know really for weeks whether he can resume those kinds of activities. I also wonder if the band might consider a redesign of the show to accommodate Bono's condition. I don't want him to feel obligated to be the "old Bono" if the "new Bono" is better off playing it a little safer.

I agree......he may do a sexy walk, instead of run. 

But, either way.  We know that Bono always puts his heart and soul into it.  And gives the very best performance, he can.

I concur on both silvrlvr & Inishfree's points, totally! Passion into his performances but not pushing his physical limits on stage.  I wonder both what, if anything they'll do to accommodate him as you mention, and whether or not he'll slow down on the political travels, esp. since the G8 & G20 are coming up (???)  I'm thinkin' on the latter that he may go anyway since he's out and about these days....

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2010, 04:40:21 AM »
Noticed Gianluigi Buffon (italian football goalkeeper) is out for 4 months with a herniated disc...injury sounds of a similar nature to that of bono's, maybe not as severe.

Given he is a professional goalkeeper and plays at the highest level his recovery time is 4 months(ready to play again), given who he was treated by and the likelihood he has the best people in the world working on rehabilitation gives hope that Bono should be there and thereaboust ready for the start of the european tour (2 and a bit months of rest).......my main worry is that he i snot ready for Turin, so they postpone the whole leg rather than say the first 3-4 concerts or so (given the european leg is over best part of 2 months)

Guess we'll know for sure when the time comes round to start rehearsing.

I have tickets for rome, booked hotels and flights, at the very worst i'll have a weekend in Rome, fingers crossed that will include a revist to the olympic stadium for the U2 show!

mariamontreal

« Reply #332 on: June 21, 2010, 06:24:58 AM »
I agree p8ru2 , I would rather see him slowly moving  around in a sexy prowlness and singing as he always does with imense passion  than have him covorting all around and jumping ( will miss the leg up move ) as long as he doesn't over do it . One thing for sure , by next year he will be in top form . I will wait as long as it takes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 11:52:57 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #333 on: June 21, 2010, 07:32:12 AM »
From the various photos online, he's looking well and I hope his physio progress is too!  Keep it up Bono!   :)

m2 posted this video clip that hints at possible scheduling for spring 2011 for the N. American tour:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  I hope we hear something soon, maria!