Author Topic: Bono Surgery  (Read 79272 times)

Offline chels82

• Babyface
Re: Bono Surgery
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »
As someone who works with a lot of back surgery patients, it's very likely the first half of the tour will be postponed.  There is no way he'll feel well enough to be on stage for the length of the show and if he was, he'd have to alternate standing/sitting.  It will not be the Bono that we're used to seeing on stage.  I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but this is the reality of back surgery. 

I have tickets to Oakland and Seattle.  I'll still be going up to Seattle, regardless of the show being cancelled. 

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2010, 11:10:28 AM »
I have a ton of flights bought and paid for right now.

I hope B is going to be okay.

Solo Edge acoustic tour?  I'm in.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2010, 11:13:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a ton of flights bought and paid for right now.

I hope B is going to be okay.

Solo Edge acoustic tour?  I'm in.

That would be wonderful until Bono gets well , EF. So sorry for you and other fans who have money invested in this. I really am. Of course Bono's health is the most important. I know he will give us all our concerts when he is able. We will have to be patient.

Offline AltRockAddict

• Staring at the Sun
  • U2 has disappointed me. My entire collection 4sale
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »
We need to think of a way to get together and pray for Mr. B.  Back surgery is a scary deal. 
Sure we could all arrange a virtual prayer circle.
Yes, let's!!
I'm definitely IN ~ should we start a prayer chain thread?  Should we pick a certain time like 8 hours from now to all stop and petition God?

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2010, 11:21:09 AM »
Yes to that ^

Offline Yukona [The League of Extraordinary Bonopeople]

• Staring at the Sun
  • too much is not enough
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »
Crap I really hope he's alright. At least it's not life-threatening or anything. :( What a horrible way to start your 50th year.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2010, 11:25:10 AM »
We need to think of a way to get together and pray for Mr. B.  Back surgery is a scary deal. 
Sure we could all arrange a virtual prayer circle.
Yes, let's!!
I'm definitely IN ~ should we start a prayer chain thread?  Should we pick a certain time like 8 hours from now to all stop and petition God?

We have a thread called Walk On Support Thread where we send prayers and/or positive thoughts out . It is in Real World and we already started to pray for Bono there.

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »
I sure hope he has a speedy recovery but it when it comes to back surgery I'm not so sure that's possible.  A thought just occured to me I'd like to share.  Maybe he is going to be out for the year to get healthy and tour ready.  Maybe Songs of Ascent could be released right after Thanksgiving for the holidays, have some radio hits and then take that beast of a stage back out to promote the new album at the beginning of 2011.  It's a long time from now and it sucks for all the people with plane tickets and hotel rooms, I feel horrible for those of you.  I had the thought and thought it could be a bright side to the situation.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2010, 11:39:44 AM »
hope so AB...you never know.  maybe this is what will give the band an incentive to start thinking and creating new music again.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »
I think I'm like a lot of people in that my heart goes out to Bono- and my head unfortunately immediately leaps to "But will he be better for MY show?" But I also think I'm like pretty much everyone here in saying that this more selfish impulse is pretty immediately curtailed; I wish him a speedy, healthy and full recovery, and may he take as much time our as he needs to for it. His health is first and foremost the most important thing!

Offline Curlin

• Babyface
  • Can music save your mortal soul?
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2010, 11:45:53 AM »
Right, there is no way he's going to be able to perform in the next month. I have tickets to see U2 in Chicago, but under no circumstances do I want Bono to be pushing himself to be well for the tour if he's in pain after the surgery. He has to think of his health first. I'd be surprised if the whole tour wasn't pushed back to next year. I just hope he recovers well. My thoughts are with the B man.

As someone who works with a lot of back surgery patients, it's very likely the first half of the tour will be postponed.  There is no way he'll feel well enough to be on stage for the length of the show and if he was, he'd have to alternate standing/sitting.  It will not be the Bono that we're used to seeing on stage.  I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but this is the reality of back surgery. 

I have tickets to Oakland and Seattle.  I'll still be going up to Seattle, regardless of the show being cancelled. 

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2010, 11:46:48 AM »
I would rather have a healthy Bono on stage next year (if this leg gets postponed til then) than an injured Bono on stage this summer.  I think we can all agree on that

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »
If you would like to post your best wishes to Bono, we started our own @U2 Get Well Card in the Band Section. Here is the link for you. 

Discussions may continue here though. Thanks!

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2010, 11:53:57 AM »
I would rather have a healthy Bono on stage next year (if this leg gets postponed til then) than an injured Bono on stage this summer.  I think we can all agree on that

Yep. co-sign.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2010, 11:55:54 AM »
Yes. ^^  Plus you never know...maybe he'll think of new songs while he's in bed.