Author Topic: Bono Surgery  (Read 79202 times)

Offline Womando

• Babyface
  • The right tobe ridiculous is something I hold dear
Re: Bono Surgery
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
I hope all goes well for our favorite front man!! But let's not jump to conclusions. We don't know how involved his back surgery is. His recovery may not be as long as some of you are speculating. I'm hoping that is the case. It completely depends on the extent of his injury, and how involved the surgery is. ???

But right now I'm completely DEVASTATED!! I was going to fly to SLC w/ my daughter, to take her to her 1st U2 concert! I don't know if I can afford to change my plane tickets!! And yet I'm with the rest of you who do not want him to return too prematurely, and risk further injury. Will he ever dance again???......oh yea, he can't dance anyway.  ;D

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2010, 12:04:23 PM »
^hopefully.  at the very best, the june concerts will be off.  even if he recovers in a week (which is unlikely).  theres no way he could run around stage and do so much physical activity only three or four weeks after surgery.  it WOULD be funny if he were so determined to put on the show, he came out in a wheelchair and sang.  all i know is, whenever the tour does come about, it's going to be one of the most amazing tours yet.  there'll be so much love from fans...

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2010, 12:06:41 PM »
I posted this in the main Bono thread but I'm posting here too. Beli and I thought that it would be a fabulous idea for us to have a ZooTV viewing gathering/prayer party tonight. We are aiming for 9:00pm EST for anyone who would like to join us.

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »
Im in...more like 10 EST, but I'll be there for the last half.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2010, 12:08:54 PM »
It's been noted that the claw is heading for Minneapolis- which is the gig after Glastonbury. With Bono being Bono, I wouldn't be surprised if he was absolutely determined that come hell or high water, he would be back in time for Glasto, and they may use it to restart the tour. But that totally depends on whether or not he's capable!

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2010, 12:10:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's been noted that the claw is heading for Minneapolis- which is the gig after Glastonbury. With Bono being Bono, I wouldn't be surprised if he was absolutely determined that come hell or high water, he would be back in time for Glasto, and they may use it to restart the tour. But that totally depends on whether or not he's capable!

where did you hear this?!?!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2010, 12:12:08 PM »
just saw that on twitter TUC.  we dont know what bono's condition is exactly, so its possible.  Glastonbury would be the best place to 'restart' the tour.  Haha.  Funny.  Restart and reboot yourself...

oh TUC, were temporarily the League of Extraordinary BonoPeople right now...us and the Bonogirls united.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2010, 12:19:50 PM »

where did you hear this?!?!

As RTSS says, twitter:

"@u2start a truck driver leaving slc w/ part of the claw confirmed w/ me headed to Minneapolis."

...And thanks, RTSS!

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2010, 12:22:53 PM »
Oh wow, the entire US leg might not be in jeapordy after all

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
That is some positive news... I hope they can do Edmonton though!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Scotty

• Refugee
  • listen for me I'll be shouting
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2010, 12:36:11 PM »
lots of discussion going on  at this facegroup page

Offline MoodyGirl09

• Refugee
  • It's all about me and what I want
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2010, 12:38:06 PM »
Hopefully it isn't anything too serious, and his recovery is a relatively speedy one.

Offline magnificent1

• Babyface
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
Oh this is not good. . . I guess my posts about this speculation a few days back on "The Band" forum did in fact turn out to be true. How heartbreaking! I feel for him and am sending him healing energy and will continue to do so. A virtual prayer circle is a great idea. Thank you Strong Girl for starting the card for him. How do you see that he gets it?

Offline Lebowski

• Refugee
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2010, 01:29:49 PM »
But let's not jump to conclusions. We don't know how involved his back surgery is. His recovery may not be as long as some of you are speculating. 

True, but if your back is that messed up as to require surgery, that ain't good.  I cannot imagine any back surgery that would result in a quick recovery.  But we shall see.

Offline LoveSupreme

• Elevated
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2010, 01:30:16 PM »
Twitter saying next official update will prob be Monday.