Author Topic: Bono Surgery  (Read 79704 times)

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
Re: Bono Surgery
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2010, 01:44:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But let's not jump to conclusions. We don't know how involved his back surgery is. His recovery may not be as long as some of you are speculating. 

True, but if your back is that messed up as to require surgery, that ain't good.  I cannot imagine any back surgery that would result in a quick recovery.  But we shall see.

I agree.  Most surgeons wouldn't go near the back unless invasive surgery was necessary because of the risks involved.  Also I understand that Bono is being treated at a neuro centre which would suggest that it involved the spinal column.  Although medical science is capable of performing near miracles these days, people shouldn't assume that all problems can be resolved completely.  Bono may require revision surgery if the initial surgery wasn't successful which would mean  an even longer recuperation period.

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2010, 02:10:17 PM »
i feel bad for all you people with txts. i got to see them twice last summer in london and i would have been heartbroken if them concerts had been pulled. but i cant see how he's going to be ready for at least a couple of weeks and maybe glasto will be the come back show as its just a short trip from dublin. Which will be much less pain for him unlike having to fly across to the US. fingers crossed people and get well Bono!!!

Offline homerly

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2010, 02:13:10 PM »
Please get well very soon !!!!!!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2010, 02:27:49 PM »
OMG!  This is terrible!  :'( :'( :'(   GET WELL SOON BONO!  Thanks SG for starting the card and I'll definitely sign it too. 

As others have said - what's most important is Bono recover fully and that will more than likely take time.  Better to recover and rehabilitate completely than push it too much by touring too soon.    We'll all figure it out with rescheduling and rebooking and I wish him the very best. 

Offline ElJayVee

• Airborne Ranger
  • Love is clockworks and cold steel
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »
"Yikes" is right.  On a positive note, any postponement of the Edmonton show will be a relief for me - it was shaping up to be a crazy week.

Speedy recovery, Bono!

Offline Parkhead080893

• Wanderer
  • In the shadow, boy meets man
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2010, 02:47:53 PM »
Sky news are saying "U2 have been forced to postpone the next leg of their world tour " Is this just speculation at this point ?

Offline CrossingGo

• Refugee
  • No one, no one is blinder than me
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2010, 02:49:39 PM »
As someone who has been dealing with chronic back pain for longer than I've been a U2 fan and sever back pain for a year and a half now, I just want to say I can't imagine keeping Bono's schedule, career and family life while enduring this agony all the time. As a U2 fan in general I want to send my positive thoughts and wishes to Bono and the band and his family. Please take good care, millions of people are thinking of you!

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2010, 02:52:23 PM »
Sky news are saying "U2 have been forced to postpone the next leg of their world tour " Is this just speculation at this point ?

Its speculation.  Wait for the official word.  That said, I concur with others here that back surgery does take time to recover properly and with a LOT of rehab.  So I'm hoping he doesn't rush it and he puts his health first and foremost & before others.  We need Larry & Ali to make sure he does that!   :D

Offline mojo-jojo

• Stateless
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-[  I am so sad!  Get well soon Bono!

Offline bloom

• Elevated
  • These days are better than that
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2010, 03:04:35 PM »
Poor Bono! I hope he's not in a lot of pain, has lots of people around him to keep him distracted, and knows how many people all over the world are thinking about him and sending him their thoughts and prayers. I'm sure he has excellent people looking after him, so that's good. I agree with everyone who says it's better he takes the time he needs to recover rather than trying to rush back into performing. I mean, he doesn't exactly take it easy when he's on stage, does he?

I also hope maybe the surgery will help address some of the chronic problems he's been having, as detailed on the home page. Maybe when the tour does resume, he'll be in better shape than ever! Whatever the case, I hope his recovery is speedy and smooth.

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2010, 03:07:25 PM »
GET WELL SOON BONO!

I agree with so many of you, that his health and comfort come before our shows.
That said, arthroscopic surgery can mean a fairly rapid recovery. We'll have to be patient.

I know that he realizes that we love him for him, and not just for his amazing performances.
I'll be joining the prayer circle and signing the card.

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »
Here's to a full and quick recovery!

Offline mbeano

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2010, 03:28:20 PM »
I think it would be great to bombard twitter with tweets for Bono's recovery and U2 in general, on the day the tour was supposed to start.

So June 3rd, if you have a twitter account, send some positive thoughts and/or prayers for Bono and U2 across the twitterverse

Offline aurabender

• Numb
  • dressed up like a car crash
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
Hey everyone,
I have had the joy of undergoing back surgery myself I thought I would share some of the experience. After undergoing my own pain for a long, I really hurt myself at work . The funny thing was, all I was doing was turning my hips from let to right, no cartwheels or lifting a truck or anything. I later learned. you can really screw up a problem back just hitting steps the wrong way. The effect was severe pain in my legs and groin and a emergency discotomy was scheduled. They basically go in a carve out a bit of the soft tissue between the spine that gets herniated and pushes against your nerves. One good piece of new is that the relief was immediate once the surgery was done. I woke up and the pain was gone. There is a 3-4 week recover where you can pretty much just lay, stand or walk...no sitting. That will be Bono's issue, how long will the recovery take. However, if he recovers well, he will feel better than he has felt in a long time.

Let's just keep him in our prayers and be patient.

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • Oh it's time, it's time, it's IeTOUR time!!
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2010, 04:30:22 PM »
*sigh* Not the best of things to start off one's weekend with.

But then again there is the fact that nobody at the moment is sure how long the recovery time is. Could be weeks, months, years?

But all my prayers go to the B-man, I can just imagine how annoyed at having to be out of action, it's not like him to begin with.

So hopefully the recovery is quick