Author Topic: Get Well "Card" for Bono  (Read 15360 times)

Offline onetreehill

• Up With the Sun
  • to the rhythm of my soul
Get Well "Card" for Bono
« on: May 21, 2010, 11:30:48 AM »
I asked SG if we could start an official get well card going for Bono so send him all our love, prayers, thoughs, cards, flowers, and gifts.

Bono we carry each other, over the years you have carried many of us with you and now it is our turn to carry you.  Get well soon my friend!

Offline hj

• Desert Rose
  • Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed...
Re: Get Well "Card" for Bono
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 11:42:03 AM »
I hope you are not in too much pain Bono!  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
Take care and know we are sending you lots of love.  :)

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
Im in.  I'm sure he's gonna get about a billion of them while he's in the hospital.  What would be really cool is if we could get like the entire @u2 forum to sign a get well card and send it to principal management. 

Offline U2-obsessed and proud

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Let The Rain come down, make a brand new ground
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »
In

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »
Bono , you do so much for others from your fans to the people of Africa. Now it is time you take care of yourself. Your health and family are the most important things. We love you and are praying for a full recovery for you. We will wait for as long as it takes for you to perform for us once again. When that happens, we will show you our love in person. We want you healthy because that will be worth the wait!!! SG

Offline edgetastic [Vote Zaphod]

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Gonna kick the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 11:59:53 AM »
For sure :).
Bono, I hope you are ok and you have a fast recovery. You are light to many people and I hope you continue shining, ET

mariamontreal

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:07 PM »
Bono I wish you a fast recovery I hurt knowing that you are in pain . We will wait for you to get back on your feet . The most important thing right now is to get better . We will wait , and we will see you  when you are   stronger and  feeling much better. I will dedicate July 16-17 the 2 nights you are to play in Montreal to you all weekend long . God bless you , I send my love out to you .   See you soon!

Offline Monicalea

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I don't care, I'm claiming it!
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »
Bono, having had back surgery myself and knowing how it feels, I hope you have good drugs and an excellent physical therapist.

I am very positive about Bono's recovery. We have all seen how quickly he can go from his *ahem* off tour state to top touring form. The man is amazingly driven and I know that will carry him through his recovery and rehab.

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
Amen sister.

Offline ultraviolet75

• Wanderer
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 12:29:21 PM »
I hope you are ok and my prayers go out to you for a full recovery and that the pain isnt too much to bear. The most important thing right now is your health and taking care of yourself. Do not worry about your fans...we would rather wait to have you healthy & able than have you compromising your health for us. We love you for you and all that you give, not just for a tour. Take it easy and whenever you are ready, we will be too.  God bless.

Offline AndyU2

• Numb
  • Dream Out Loud
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
Bono,

I hope you get well soon. I am dedicating 36 hours in line just to see you perform. Even if you don't move as much on stage I'll be okay with that! :) You're an amazing man and you've changed my life.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
Aww B... get well soon... ((HUG))

Offline MistyLeigh32

• Child of Grace
  • RAN the Marine Corps Marathon 10/30/2011
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 12:42:23 PM »
Get Well Bono!  We'll wait for you.

Offline u2fannewyorkinok

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rut Roh!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 01:10:21 PM »
Feel better soon! We'll still be here.

Offline rattleandhum24

• Up With the Sun
  • All messed up, with opera in my head.
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »
Bono -

You are such an inspiration to us all.  The reason we love you is because you have brought us together.  You, Larry, Edge, and Adam have built up an incredible community that is irreplaceable.  And now, this community wants you to know that we are all thinking about you, praying for you, praying for your family, the band and the U2 family.  You mean so much to us, and we are all rallying around you right now, giving you the most massive (but gentlest, out of respect for your back) hug that you will ever know.  Get better soon.  We need you to continue to lead us in rock 'n' roll worship.  Thanks so much for being you, thank you for giving 110% of yourself every time you walk out on stage.  But now it's time that you gave a little to yourself.  Now sit in your bed, get some miracle drugs, and get better!  Take this opportunity to write some lyrics ... it's good for you! 

-RAH24
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:29:33 PM by rattleandhum24 »