Author Topic: While we collectively hold our our breath - out of curiosity - would you...  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
pay to see a show with this setlist?

1.  Theme From Mission Impossible
2.  United Colours
3.  Alex descends Into Hell For A Bottle of Milk/Korova 1
4.  One Minute Warning
5.  Theme From Let's Go Native
6.  Boomerang 1
7.  Corpse (These Chains Are Way Too Long)
8.  4th of July

Encore

9.    Numb
10.  Van Diemen's Land
11.  Sunday Bloody Sunday (Edge on lead vocals)
12.  One Foot In Heaven (Captive Soundtrack)
13.  Bass Trap

Offline m100

• Wanderer
My only problem with it is it's a bit short - can we throw in luminous times, maybe elvis presley and america, and a few other b sides? Unfortunately can't see anything other than numb, van diemens, sunday with edge singing ever happening on a stage. There would even be a part of me that would like them to do this and not warn anyone just to see the turmoil it would cause the casual fans at the gig.

Offline u2pinstripes

• Intellectual Tortoise
I would see U2 play anything, but this would be boring for me.  I would love to see a full show without hits (for the most part) though.

1. Fez
2. SUC
3. Even Better than the Real Thing
4. Mofo
5. Gone
6. One Tree Hill
7. Seconds
8. Electric Co.
9. Crumbs
10. Please
11. In God's Country
12. Wire
13. Promenade
14. The Fly
15. Zoo Station
16. Bad
17. Streets
18. Ultraviolet
19. No Line On the Horizon
20. Love is Blindness
21. 40

• Precious Stone
If you look closely the songs I picked were either Passengers/U2 instrumentals or songs with Edge vocals.  I'm wondering what a U2 show without Bono's vocals would sound like.

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
I would. Definitely.

Boom Cha!

It sounds interesting on paper, but I'm not sure how well most of those songs would transfer live.

Although, United Colours is probably my favorite instrumental by anyone....so I'd crap myself if they performed that live.

• Precious Stone
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It sounds interesting on paper, but I'm not sure how well most of those songs would transfer live.

Although, United Colours is probably my favorite instrumental by anyone....so I'd crap myself if they performed that live.

When I was putting the setlist together I imagined they'd be playing indoors - perhaps even in a theatre of sorts.  It might be an interesting once and done benefit show.  They probably would need Brian Eno on keyboards and some additional technical support to pull off some of the tracks.

Offline Tumbling Dice

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • I won't pay the usual fee
I've always said it, without Bono U2 are F@*ked.  End of story.

InThisHeartland

I would DEFINITELY pay for that.

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
I would, for VDL and SBS alone. ;D

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
Domenico, I like the way you think. And the answer is yes, I would pay for that show.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
Gim'me a little "Van Dieman's Land" into "Springhill Mining Disaster" (I know Bono sang it in the past, but those two songs seem born for each other). If they do "SMD" it has to be the version where Bono stops the song and pleads a fan's case while he's getting thrown out of the show.  Classic recording. "Stop it...Stop it..."

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
I'd pay no matter what they played. Van Dieman's Land is one of my favorites, and I ADORE the way Edge did SBS for PopMart.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
My first reaction would be No, but it sort of depends.

The question would be the format for this type of show.  Clearly this set list doesn't happen on the claw or in a stadium or in an arena.  This set list happens in a small theater (1500 seats or less) filled with Über-fans.  When they pulled out YBR at the stadium show I was at, it sucked the life out of the show for about 3 min.  I was loving it, but most fans simply didn't get it.

I would pay for a set list filled with those rarities expanded out to a full length show with other ones that are rarely performed in a small theater filled with Über-fans.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My first reaction would be No, but it sort of depends.

The question would be the format for this type of show.  Clearly this set list doesn't happen on the claw or in a stadium or in an arena.  This set list happens in a small theater (1500 seats or less) filled with Über-fans.  When they pulled out YBR at the stadium show I was at, it sucked the life out of the show for about 3 min.  I was loving it, but most fans simply didn't get it.

I would pay for a set list filled with those rarities expanded out to a full length show with other ones that are rarely performed in a small theater filled with Über-fans.

^^^ This!   8)   What would determine an Über-fan though?   :D  * runs away before the diehard threads start*   ;)

I'd love to see & hear Edge take the lead and for an intimate concert, & although I'd terribly miss Bono & the whole band together.  I'd doubt it'd happen but its fun to think about.  I think the 3 members would more likely into the studio to work on their material as best possible, and when Bono's more up and about, he could weigh in for brief periods or remotely (?).