Author Topic: While we collectively hold our our breath - out of curiosity - would you...  (Read 2505 times)

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • Some days have bouncers and won't let you in
Oh, I'd be all over this!  :D

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My first reaction would be No, but it sort of depends.

The question would be the format for this type of show.  Clearly this set list doesn't happen on the claw or in a stadium or in an arena.  This set list happens in a small theater (1500 seats or less) filled with Über-fans.  When they pulled out YBR at the stadium show I was at, it sucked the life out of the show for about 3 min.  I was loving it, but most fans simply didn't get it.

I would pay for a set list filled with those rarities expanded out to a full length show with other ones that are rarely performed in a small theater filled with Über-fans.

^^^ This!   8)   What would determine an Über-fan though?   :D  * runs away before the diehard threads start*   ;)

I am not intending to start that discussion either. 

Clearly there could be some sort of way, such as a giveaway only to U2.com members (I am not one) where the format of the show (this is going to be a night of rarities - they are NOT playing any of their hits or warhorse songs) is announced in advance and from those folks who submit their names for the drawing - only that fan club member and 1 guest can get in (i.e., no reselling of tickets).  Alternatively, it could be announced at the last minute with a "first come, first served" approach, where a casual fan would be less likely to skip work to get in line, especially if they know no hits will be played.

If you don't have some selection or self-selection process, then you get the place filled with casual fans who only want to hear the hits and would be VERY disappointed by this type of show.  That's all I am saying.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone

The question would be the format for this type of show.  Clearly this set list doesn't happen on the claw or in a stadium or in an arena.  This set list happens in a small theater (1500 seats or less) filled with Über-fans.  When they pulled out YBR at the stadium show I was at, it sucked the life out of the show for about 3 min.  I was loving it, but most fans simply didn't get it.

I would pay for a set list filled with those rarities expanded out to a full length show with other ones that are rarely performed in a small theater filled with Über-fans.

Dear. Mr McGuinness & Principle mgmt... You need to hire this guy!!!
Seriously.

^^^ This!   8)   What would determine an Über-fan though?   :D  * runs away before the diehard threads start*   ;)

Clearly there could be some sort of way, such as a giveaway only to U2.com members (I am not one) where the format of the show (this is going to be a night of rarities - they are NOT playing any of their hits or warhorse songs) is announced in advance and from those folks who submit their names for the drawing - only that fan club member and 1 guest can get in (i.e., no reselling of tickets).  Alternatively, it could be announced at the last minute with a "first come, first served" approach, where a casual fan would be less likely to skip work to get in line, especially if they know no hits will be played.

If you don't have some selection or self-selection process, then you get the place filled with casual fans who only want to hear the hits and would be VERY disappointed by this type of show.  That's all I am saying.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
id pay just to be in their presence and hear them play anything. 

Offline birdlover

• Child of Grace
  • It's not how weak but what will make you strong
id pay just to be in their presence and hear them play anything. 

This!