Author Topic: Worst Case Scenario with 2010's Version of 360....(My view)  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
  • On borderland we run and don't look back!
The only real solice I'm getting out of all of this is the following:

1) Let's say they scrap 2010 and come back same time, 2011....

Pros:
1) New album will be out regardless of the pessimists out there. New material...
2) The setlist for the show would be virtually retooled I'm thinking.
3) Bono's voice would have a ton of time to recoup.
4) The boys would fully be over their 2009 touring and be re-amped to light it up again.
5) Bono would be at 100%. Back pain at 50% is not worth it. Especially for someone who belts out the long notes. Not good.

I know it would suck and like all of you I was counting down the days until my show, but let's be honest, it's a back injury. I had a spinal fusion of L4-L5 back in 2008 and I still feel it twinge.  And I'm not swinging from a steering wheel microphone each night. Knowing that he had to have emergency back surgery, you have to think he ruptured a disc during rehearsal.  That is major pain. I don't want Bono to become that singer with a jug of Percocet next to him.  Get well, regroup, release SOA, retool the entire setlist, let ardor build, and come back in 2011 when we're all ready to go yet again.

Just my 2 cents. If I end up still going in July and he's better then I'll be just as happy but from what little I've read, it doesn't sound like a quick return.

Signed,

The Messenger

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: Worst Case Scenario with 2010's Version of 360....(My view)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 04:24:27 PM »
Wise words gravy11 and good to see you in here! 

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »
My pleasure...I try to chime in when I have something new and interesting....In going with the recent developments in Hollywood, something new and interesting like a Mistress would suffice.  Having pledged my undying love for my wife 9+ years ago, and after having 3 kids....A mistress is not happening.  Then I saw mortgage rates for a 30 year fixed had dropped to 5% so I thought I'd post that.  But then I felt it didn't warrant the words on this forum.  I was eagerly looking for something new and interesting to post but nothing grabbed my passion.  That was until these new pictures of Lindsey Lohan surfaced...Well then I felt kind of nautious so I had to take a few weeks off of the internet.  Then I read about the BP oil spill and thought, "hey that's postworthy".  Then I just got pi**ed at the whole oil spill thing and took a Louisville Slugger to my computer.  Well, that was actually something new and exciting, but unfortunately, without my computer, I couldn't post.  Then I unpacked my Vintage Commodore Vic-20 from Circa 1980 and rigged it up to modern times.  It now has a killer 256Kb hard drive with .750mb RAM on board.  Hence, here we are.  Then the whole back article happened and I thought, "there we go".  So voila...Gravy postage! :-)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 07:19:43 AM »
LMAO!  I remember the Commodore 64s!   :D er..  :P 

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RunningtoStandstill (The League of Extraordinary BonoPeople)

• Airborne Ranger
  • There is no end to love.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:14:27 PM »
i agree.  this is an excellent time for them to regroup and get back on track.

Offline Gravy11

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 06:53:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Wow - I remember typing for an hour to get those 3 lines of script...Well worth it.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

, 8 , 1

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule! Catfish Drool.
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »
Sprites rule!