Author Topic: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed/Stubhub-bought tickets... What  (Read 11660 times)

Offline braxhunt

• Refugee
  • Feel like trash - you make me feel clean
For all those like me who have never experienced having their gig postponed, what do we do? Do we get a ticket refund, use our ticket at the rescheduled show, get our tickets replaced or what? I completely sympathize with Bono's surgery and am glad WE CAN REBUILD HIM, but logistically we still need to know what to do.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:49:35 AM by Hawkmoon2e »

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Plan of action for those whose show is postponed
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 05:49:30 AM »
We will have to wait and see, as they have to start from ground zero on arranging new dates in several stadiums around the U.S. and take account of
sports and other events etc. this will all take time. I suspect several weeks.

Usually the options are:

Use ticket for recheduled date, which will be announced in due course.

Take a refund - as the new dates may not suit you.

Offline TheHype

• Babyface
  • No spoken words, just a scream
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »
Just hold onto your ticket and use it for the re-scheduled show. I had this experience at '06 Honolulu show when the Pacific leg was postponed. The re-scheduled shows in November and December were historic. Incredible versions of Kite in Australia and New Zealand and Pearl Jam opening in Honolulu with both bands performing with Billie Joe Armstrong. The shows we eventually see will be great.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 06:43:42 AM »
What if you bought your ticket from StubHub and are not sure if you will be able to see the rescheduled show...how do you get your money back from StubHub?

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:28:58 AM »
I am a bit nervous as the temporary site they use in Montreal was supposed to be demolished and used for real estate after both concerts.  I hope they had a good contract so they can reschedule in 2011.

Offline u2pinstripes

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:38:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am a bit nervous as the temporary site they use in Montreal was supposed to be demolished and used for real estate after both concerts.  I hope they had a good contract so they can reschedule in 2011.

Same thing with me for Miami and Anaheim.  How are they going to get MLB to build their schedule around U2 all over again?

Offline summer_

• Wanderer
  • do doo doo
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:03:52 AM »
What if you bought your ticket from StubHub and are not sure if you will be able to see the rescheduled show...how do you get your money back from StubHub?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in college and flying up to Denver from here in Louisiana works in the summer but I doubt my friends and I can go if its rescheduled for during the semester  :-\

and we all got our tickets from stub hub  ???

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 08:06:38 AM »
Where there's a will there's a way and if anything, Bono & Co, have "will" in spades.  They'll make it happen & find a venue.  If there's no venue, maybe they'll play outdoors in a field?  Previously, they were allegedly thinking of doing the Pemberton fest, which is in the mountains & nature.  They didn't play there but a lot of big name bands did.  

Offline u2pinstripes

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm in college and flying up to Denver from here in Louisiana works in the summer but I doubt my friends and I can go if its rescheduled for during the semester  :-\

and we all got our tickets from stub hub  ???

I'm worried about that too.  I go to school in NY, but I have tickets for Miami and Anaheim.  If it's during the semester I could be screwed.  I think you're fine with Denver because of the temperature, but I could see Miami and Anaheim being scheduled early in the year before baseball season starts (late March, first week of April).

Offline The Wanderer

• Party Girl/Boy
  • U2360 Stage for Babies
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 08:27:27 AM »
Being an outdoor concert, and the fact that so many of the cities are northern cities, 360 can not resume until at least April/May of next year. 

Or else make a baby claw to bring it inside.

Offline Falling At Your Feet

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 08:36:27 AM »
This note appears on Ticketmaster.com for all the U2 U.S. dates that have been postponed:

"This event has been postponed. Don't worry, your original tickets will still be good for the new date. We know you are excited to see U2, so just sit tight, as soon as the new date is announced, TM.com will be updated!"

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 09:18:08 AM »
This note appears on Ticketmaster.com for all the U2 U.S. dates that have been postponed:

"This event has been postponed. Don't worry, your original tickets will still be good for the new date. We know you are excited to see U2, so just sit tight, as soon as the new date is announced, TM.com will be updated!"

Thanks for the update FAYF!  All direct & original purchasers will be covered and I just hope fans that got tix through Stubhub, trades and other means can find solutions too! 

Offline silvrlvr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Three things I need you to know -- three!
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 10:02:18 AM »

Under NY State law, tour operators can only hold your money for a certain length of time. New dates have to be announced (I think it's within 90 days) or they must give you a refund. That's what happened with my ticket to Spider-Man the Musical. It may only apply for tickets sold in NY State, or to residents of NY State, however.

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Stubhub-bought tickets... What do we do?
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
I bought my tickets through Stubhub, and I'm sure several other people here have as well. What do we do? Should we hold onto our tickets? Try to contact Stubhub or the seller we purchased them from?

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
Re: Stubhub-bought tickets... What do we do?
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 11:23:11 AM »
I bought my tickets through Stubhub, and I'm sure several other people here have as well. What do we do? Should we hold onto our tickets? Try to contact Stubhub or the seller we purchased them from?

I'd guess all of the above, esp holding on to your original tix.  Good luck to all...